PSF: Hampton & Richmond Borough 2 West Ham Utd 4 (17/07/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

iloveyoudailly

PSF: Hampton & Richmond Borough 2 West Ham Utd 4 (17/07/08)

Post by iloveyoudailly »

Is there a west ham end? Because tickets only seem to be available from hampton and richmond. If so, what is this west ham end called and would I have to book tickets in advance to go in there? Thanks.
kot

Re: question about hampton and richmond borough away

Post by kot »

i wouldn't worry too much. they're a friendly bunch down there
e1hammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by e1hammer »

There is three steps around the pitch and one stand behind the goal, they call that end the 'cock' end because there are three trees behind one of the goals which look like a giant...... A nice club house and friendly people, there will be mainly West Ham fans but don't be surprised if you get a few mouthy 15 year olds trying to look hard. The ground is in a picturesque part of Hampton, there are a few pubs round the ground but they will be packed and the bar staff won't know how to handle the crowd.

The ground is about a 10 minute walk from Hampton Station but if I was you go to Kingston and jump on the 111 bus, or Twickenham and get a different bus (not sure of the number) trains are a lot more frequent to Kingston and Twickenham (also Kingston is a uni town so good for a piss up if you like that sort of thing :wink: ) if you are going on public transport. If your driving good luck finding somewhere to park.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 854 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

iloveyoudailly wrote:Is there a west ham end? Because tickets only seem to be available from hampton and richmond. If so, what is this west ham end called and would I have to book tickets in advance to go in there? Thanks.

There aren't 'ends' and there is no segregation.

The phone number is in the thread for the friendly fixtures.

They are selling fast... If you don't book early, there's a chance of a sell out - I was told this when I booked last week.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

e1hammer wrote:There is three steps around the pitch and one stand behind the goal, they call that end the 'cock' end because there are three trees behind one of the goals which look like a giant...... A nice club house and friendly people, there will be mainly West Ham fans but don't be surprised if you get a few mouthy 15 year olds trying to look hard. The ground is in a picturesque part of Hampton, there are a few pubs round the ground but they will be packed and the bar staff won't know how to handle the crowd.

The ground is about a 10 minute walk from Hampton Station but if I was you go to Kingston and jump on the 111 bus, or Twickenham and get a different bus (not sure of the number) trains are a lot more frequent to Kingston and Twickenham (also Kingston is a uni town so good for a piss up if you like that sort of thing :wink: ) if you are going on public transport. If your driving good luck finding somewhere to park.
Kingston Peel with £1 drinks and then onto Oceana.......... those were the days
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3680 likes
Total likes: 2385 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Few early ones in Richmond if the weather's good then end up at my mates club, Essence in Kingston 8-)
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

Just get your tickets asap, then come down and have a good day out mixing with the locals. C ya all there!

Devs Hampton wrote:Just get your tickets asap, then come down and have a good day out mixing with the locals. C ya all there!
Devs - is parking a bad idea?

If so, with a 6 and 9 year old in tow, can you recommend a decent cab firm near the station (I'll see if I can book a collection from the ground before the match)

:thup:
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1852 likes
Total likes: 2105 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

You won't need a cab from the station, even with ankle biters in tow. It's five minutes walk. Left out of the station, walk past the shops and police station and Beaver Close is on your left.

The ground is also twenty minutes walk from chez moi :D

Re parking, around the ground is pay and display (don't know if it applies at weekends) but there are unrestricted residential roads nearby on the other side of the railway line, so you will end up walking past the station anyway. I can't recall seeing any cab firms nearby.

:thup:

Cool - we walk

If my daughter had her way, you will recognise us by a 5 minute round robin of Bubbles (chitty mix) on the way.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

we're ticket numbers 178 and 9 and will be giving it large on the thirs step behind the goal!
where we drinking?1
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3680 likes
Total likes: 2385 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

w4hammer wrote:we're ticket numbers 178 and 9 and will be giving it large on the thirs step behind the goal!
where we drinking?1
The Bell is probably the best pub in Hampton. Food's good too....
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

excellent, i got tickets for me and my dad as thats his fathers day present from me.
Should be a nice evening out and only a couple of miles down the road too. :D
Devs Hampton
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Devs Hampton »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:You won't need a cab from the station, even with ankle biters in tow. It's five minutes walk. Left out of the station, walk past the shops and police station and Beaver Close is on your left.

The ground is also twenty minutes walk from chez moi :D

Re parking, around the ground is pay and display (don't know if it applies at weekends) but there are unrestricted residential roads nearby on the other side of the railway line, so you will end up walking past the station anyway. I can't recall seeing any cab firms nearby.
Yep, what he said & The Bell is a good shout for a pre match visit but you could put some money into the H&R pot if u fancy a drink in the clubhouse - enjoy!
nostro75

Post by nostro75 »

Just wondering what sort of team we will be putting out, as we have the away game against columbus on sunday ?
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

nostro75 wrote:Just wondering what sort of team we will be putting out, as we have the away game against columbus on sunday ?
Nice mix of first teamers and youth I think

I was reading up on the Bell and a pub called the Worlds End. The Bell was promoted as a great boozer, Worlds End from its comments sounded like the Boleyn!
nostro75

Post by nostro75 »

sanchoz wrote: Nice mix of first teamers and youth I think

I was reading up on the Bell and a pub called the Worlds End. The Bell was promoted as a great boozer, Worlds End from its comments sounded like the Boleyn!
Cant remember what the pub is called that ive been in near there, but its bloody small and wont be able to handle any sort of crowd.
I have the day of work so will get my beer in long before anyone else turns up :-) plus I have friday of so no hangover to worry about :raver:
kot

Post by kot »

get off at hampton court instead. couple of boozers over the road from the station that will be more than welcoming. next to the stion is "headway cars". cab firm. £5/6 in a cab to the ground and around 10 mins. easy.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Ben »

has this sold out?
west ham dancing shoes

Post by west ham dancing shoes »

How much are tickets for this??.