PSF: Southampton 2 West Ham Utd 2 (01/08/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Memorial Ground

Re: Southampton tickets

Post by Memorial Ground »

stuarttampin wrote: you want southampton main station its about 2 mile away from the ground though
Which is annoying as you go right past it on the train.
hammerbubble1964

Post by hammerbubble1964 »

Romford wrote:I've never found it a major problem parking near the ground on the Industrial estate...as for drinking you usually find The Victory right outside the station busy as there is a free bus from there to the ground although it wont win any awards for its decor.

If you walk to the ground from the station you pass quite a few pubs and have to walk across the nice park...should imagine a pub crawl in this weather will be a reasonable idea. The area around the ground is sh!te though..
I can see what used to be the Victory from my office window as I work at Southampton Station. Its closed down. Best to head up town to Walkabout/Yates/Goblets/Giddy Bridge (for V cheap beer) etc. Theres loads of pubs in town

Get off at Southampton Central and NOT Southampton Airport Parkway.
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

http://www.visit-southampton.co.uk/dbim ... ton_A3.pdf
General Map of Southampton

Really looking foward to this. Getting out of work early (wearing my shirt all day as it casual Fridays) and as the travel there and back from Guildford is sorted its booze all the way :thup:

if you are in and around row X and a drunken loud mouth is shouting in your ear, sorry
Gertcha

Post by Gertcha »

sanchoz wrote:http://www.visit-southampton.co.uk/dbim ... ton_A3.pdf
General Map of Southampton

Really looking foward to this. Getting out of work early (wearing my shirt all day as it casual Fridays) and as the travel there and back from Guildford is sorted its booze all the way :thup:

if you are in and around row X and a drunken loud mouth is shouting in your ear, sorry
Im in row Y.... ill be the one next to the ****ing fat b*stard in a retro whu shirt :lol:
ghinzani

Re: Soton friendly - Away tickets on the door

Post by ghinzani »

Sounds like they are up for it, or the Manager is anyway

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/arti ... e_id=10372" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Now, if i can leave my office in Covent Garden and get the 5 o'clock train, be home by 6.15, an hour to drive to the ground :think:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

hammerdivone wrote:Now, if i can leave my office in Covent Garden and get the 5 o'clock train, be home by 6.15, an hour to drive to the ground :think:

get on with it

what esle you going to do.

im off to catch to train right now.,.. :raver: :raver:
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

Does anyone know of a pre-match pub in Southampton to meet up in ? I should be on the 5.40 from Waterloo so will have time for a swift drink or two.
Memorial Ground

Re: Southampton v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Memorial Ground »

There is a pub just as you get off the train, depending on which side you get off. Called The Victory. Horrible looking place, only go for convenience sake. Landlord used to go round putting chili sauce in people's pints, I think the stuff was called 'Arseraper'.

Best pub in England is The Hobbit though, in Bevois Valley.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

No Ashton again???

Stech, Behrami, Neill, Upson, Davenport, Mullins, Parker, Reid, Faubert, Cole, Bellamy.

Subs: Green, Widdowson, Ferdinand, Noble, Stokes, COllison, Spence, Hines, Stanislas.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

Team:

Stech, Neill, Davenport, Upson, Behrami, Parker, Faubert, Bellamy, Reid, Cole, Mullins
subs: Widdowson, Ferdinand, Stokes, Collinson, Noble, Hines, Spence, Stanislas, Green
brooklynnyhammer

Post by brooklynnyhammer »

MD_HM wrote:No Ashton again???

Stech, Behrami, Neill, Upson, Davenport, Mullins, Parker, Reid, Faubert, Cole, Bellamy.

Subs: Green, Widdowson, Ferdinand, Noble, Stokes, COllison, Spence, Hines, Stanislas.

Hmmmm...that's not good. Apparently Ethers and LBM still have blisters too? And where's George, Quashie (seriously, a foot problem for a year and a half??), Ljungberg? Some things never change.
best tever

Post by best tever »

im going for a 3-1 win
cole scoring 2 and bellers getting the other
best tever

Post by best tever »

brooklynnyhammer wrote:
Hmmmm...that's not good. Apparently Ethers and LBM still have blisters too? And where's George, Quashie (seriously, a foot problem for a year and a half??), Ljungberg? Some things never change.
i heard that ljungberg is out with a paper cut :?
best tever

Post by best tever »

all you can hear is come on you irons apprently from the OS
brooklynnyhammer

Post by brooklynnyhammer »

If Ljungberg has a paper cut he'll be out until Christmas. I guess the good thing is that some of the youngsters get a runout and some play under their belts. Nice to see Stech get a shot in goal again.
Cockney Rebel
Location: Isle of Dogs... with Manhattan in the background...

Post by Cockney Rebel »

Good to see Stech get his first start.
best tever

Post by best tever »

brooklynnyhammer wrote:If Ljungberg has a paper cut he'll be out until Christmas. I guess the good thing is that some of the youngsters get a runout and some play under their belts. Nice to see Stech get a shot in goal again.
perhaps for a whole season , those paper cuts really hurt
Ray Stewarts Right Foot

Post by Ray Stewarts Right Foot »

aaronhammer wrote:Team:

Stech, Neill, Davenport, Upson, Behrami, Parker, Faubert, Bellamy, Reid, Cole, Mullins
subs: Widdowson, Ferdinand, Stokes, Collinson, Noble, Hines, Spence, Stanislas, Green
What's with Reid thing on the left - seriously if he had pulled up any trees previously he would have been given a chance in our injury plagued season, he wasn't even getting in the Palace first team when on loan there. We hear Curbs singing the praises of Versatile Valon and that he can do a job on the left if needed surely a pre season friendly is the place to do it? I'd rather seen Widdowson another chance at left back and Neill at right back and VB wide left. But then I'm not currently managing a premier league football team so what the f*ck do I know :raver:
cornish Jim

Post by cornish Jim »

Ray Stewarts Right Foot wrote: What's with Reid thing on the left - seriously if he had pulled up any trees previously he would have been given a chance in our injury plagued season, he wasn't even getting in the Palace first team when on loan there. We hear Curbs singing the praises of Versatile Valon and that he can do a job on the left if needed surely a pre season friendly is the place to do it? I'd rather seen Widdowson another chance at left back and Neill at right back and VB wide left. But then I'm not currently managing a premier league football team so what the f*ck do I know :raver:
I was thinking the same thing. Who is going to play on the left against Wigan in a fortnight ?