PSF: Southampton 2 West Ham Utd 2 (01/08/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

cockney farmer

Re: Southampton tickets

Post by cockney farmer »

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/sout ... Supporters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

might be useful
elthamhammer

Post by elthamhammer »

If you take a look at this link it may help with the pubs in and around Southampton /www.upthesaints.com/pubGuide.asp
We're going down by train as well from London Waterloo and need a pub to drink in,i read on another site that some away fans drink in The prince Of Wales,The Bevois Castle and The Station but i dont know where these are,i might just wait untill i get there :lol:
njs2006
Total likes: 1 like

Post by njs2006 »

After spending for years in this craphole (3 as a uni student), I can give the following advice...

The town centre has quite a few pubs/bars in. Probably the best would be the walkabout, which is in the bottom end of town - near town quay. Ocean Village used to be nice until they built flats upon flats in this area. You've also got other bars in the town centre, but its pretty small. The stadium is about a 15/20 minute walk from the walkabout.

I'd recommend getting the train to southampton central from waterloo rather than driving down, as parking can be quite hard. Not sure how busy the car parks will be around the cinema.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

njs2006 wrote:After spending for years in this craphole (3 as a uni student), I can give the following advice...

The town centre has quite a few pubs/bars in. Probably the best would be the walkabout, which is in the bottom end of town - near town quay. Ocean Village used to be nice until they built flats upon flats in this area. You've also got other bars in the town centre, but its pretty small. The stadium is about a 15/20 minute walk from the walkabout.

I'd recommend getting the train to southampton central from waterloo rather than driving down, as parking can be quite hard. Not sure how busy the car parks will be around the cinema.
sounds like a plan-thats what we're doin!
is there a bar called the orange rooms or the like-- i rem getting kicked out of there a year or two bak i think!?
brucies here

Post by brucies here »

There parking should'nt be to much of a prob now as they have built a new multi storey near the ocean village cinema, it has always been pretty empty when i have been near it. but even so as it's an evening game u should be ok , just don't park in any roads near the ground as u will get a ticket!
stuarttampin

Post by stuarttampin »

personally i would be happy if we decided on a pub in the ocean village cinema area as that is where i will be parking :raver:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

I've never found it a major problem parking near the ground on the Industrial estate...as for drinking you usually find The Victory right outside the station busy as there is a free bus from there to the ground although it wont win any awards for its decor.

If you walk to the ground from the station you pass quite a few pubs and have to walk across the nice park...should imagine a pub crawl in this weather will be a reasonable idea. The area around the ground is sh!te though..
island_hammer

Post by island_hammer »

is there still tickets avaliable? tryed on thursday but couldn't get through?
brucies here

Post by brucies here »

[quote="Romford"]I've never found it a major problem parking near the ground on the Industrial estate.

Unless u have paid to park there already i wouldn't recommend it. Have heard of many people getting tickets and they do generally close the area off.
Oh it says we have sold all of our tickets on the saints website, but it does also say we only had 2000. :?
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Park just over the toll bridge and you can have a nice drink on the river and a stroll up to the ground :wink:
South Coast Hammer

Post by South Coast Hammer »

Few of us coming up from Bournemouth. Will be drinking in Squares before game and wander up to St Marys at about 7.15pm
Suicyde

Post by Suicyde »

Where abouts in Bournemouth you at ^? I'm rolling up with the old boy and my bro...also got a few saints "fans" travelling up from here...c****!
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Any ideas about Internet viewing would be much appreciated ?? :thup:

I could have swore i just posted this but it dissapeared..
South Coast Hammer

Post by South Coast Hammer »

suicyde - live down near Castlepoint - great for the wife, not so for my credit card :(
Normally go to the Broadway or Richmond when we're on the box.

I'm coming up with 5, and alas some scummers from where I work coming up too :twisted:
ghinzani

Soton friendly - Away tickets on the door

Post by ghinzani »

Well we sold out our alloc but apparently theres going to be some tickets available on the gate

http://www.clubfanzine.com/southampton/ ... p?id=12554" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hammerheadjim
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Re: Soton friendly - Away tickets on the door

Post by hammerheadjim »

I am really looking forward to this game. With the amount of people we are taking and the team that I expect we'll put out, should make for a very good evening! :raver:
Suicyde

Post by Suicyde »

Good stuff ^ I'm just over the way by Bournemouth Uni...but moving to Canford Heath in the next couple of days...from then, I'm officialy a p****. :think:

You don't know any of the boys who play football for the Spire Broadway do you? I played a couple of friendlies with them...and know a few of the chaps in there...some horrible customers! haha :raver: all mates though.
Gertcha

Post by Gertcha »

im going down from Gatwick by train,

Anyone got any idea which station to head to?

Cheers,
stuarttampin

Post by stuarttampin »

Gertcha wrote:im going down from Gatwick by train,

Anyone got any idea which station to head to?

Cheers,
you want southampton main station its about 2 mile away from the ground though
Pearson

Post by Pearson »

any one buying the tickets on the day from st marys??