LC2: West Ham Utd 4 Macclesfield 1 (aet) (27/08/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Re: West Ham United v Macclesfield match thread

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cheers jack We looked bloody good, dunno what the complaining was about.

Bloody FANTASTIC 5-6 minutes there....

:lol:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

hammer2192 wrote: Cheers mate, there is proffe there that ashton was acting very strangley after each goal.
i'd say its nothing more than him thinking

' here i am with england aspirations, and ive been on the field for 120 minutes and not scored, yet'

which frankly, is a very good question
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

We only generated 24 pages of a thread whereas Man City got to 84 pages in their games tonight.

They ain't pleased much either at the ***** that they had to endure for 120 minutes, scraped through courtesy of an own goal and won on p.k.'s

Oh well, there's nowt pleasing some folk I suppose !!

:P
Marky
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Marky »

simon hammer wrote:hornsey - you are a West Ham supporter.

dean_whu - you are a West Ham supporter.

You both support the same club so why the need for all the "I'm a better fan than you are...ner, ner, ner ner, ner" crap?

I've supported this club for 28 years now...used to have a season ticket but gave it up about 7 years ago. I had my reasons and I'm not going into them here. Now though it's purely a case of I can't afford to go anymore because I refuse to fall into the money trap that is Football. Do I still qualify as a real fan?

Or because I choose to spend my money on my wife and children and make sure they are looked after instead of buying a season ticket, and because I am prepared to 'make do' with a (sometimes) shitty internet feed or just radio commentary, am I now counted as an armchair fan who isn't a proper supporter?

Some things are far, far more important than Football.
Some things are more important for sure.

Still think you arre only a 'real fan' if you go though.
officeboy
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by officeboy »

Marky wrote: Some things are more important for sure.

Still think you arre only a 'real fan' if you go though.
I disagree about the 'real' fan thing as it cannot solely be about whether you have the money or personal circumstances that allow you to go to every home and away game (or even any).
Some people live much further away from the ground than other people - someone who goes to half the home games who lives over in Ireland is, in my opinion, much more dedicated than I am at the moment as I only have a home season ticket now and currently just live a few miles away from the ground (we could do a thread on how far away we all live :think: ).
If someone who never goes to the game makes the effort to find internet streams to watch every game we play or to get radio commentary or follow updates here or somewhere similar that shows a level of dedication that makes them a "real" fan in my mind.
If someone just says they support Chelsea or someone but doesn't really care about the results and just uses wins as an excuse to gloat and doesn't really feel it when they lose then that is not a real fan.
It is not possible to categorise yourself as better than someone else without knowing the full circumstances - just counting visits to Upton Park cannot be the sole factor in being a "real" fan
AlfieG
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

1Carlos_Tevez wrote:I am a ST holder in DML right by the Centenary stand, i have to say that although i am a little fed up with WHU at the moment, the parade of songs last night was an to disgrace to the football club. What good to those idiots think it will bring? I must admit the majority didn’t look like the usual faces more like Chavs day out without a clue what they were actually chanting but still no excuse!

West ham has always been about pride and passion with a solid fan base that are proud to be west ham fans regardless of where we are in league. As for the football matters they will sort themselves out as they always do, but the fans need to stop with the ridiculous songs that are making our club look like a F**king laughing stock!

:
:thup:

Unfortunately me and my boy were in there last night and I have to say it was a proper airheads night out. They would have sung anything that another chav started last night. Headbanger

And they helped reinforce all the b*llocks that the press keep banging on about our club. Hence todays headlines.....

At least it will be back to the usual fans on Saturday. :thup:
dean_whu
Total likes: 153 likes

Post by dean_whu »

simon hammer wrote:hornsey - you are a West Ham supporter.

dean_whu - you are a West Ham supporter.

You both support the same club so why the need for all the "I'm a better fan than you are...ner, ner, ner ner, ner" crap?

I've supported this club for 28 years now...used to have a season ticket but gave it up about 7 years ago. I had my reasons and I'm not going into them here. Now though it's purely a case of I can't afford to go anymore because I refuse to fall into the money trap that is Football. Do I still qualify as a real fan?

Or because I choose to spend my money on my wife and children and make sure they are looked after instead of buying a season ticket, and because I am prepared to 'make do' with a (sometimes) shitty internet feed or just radio commentary, am I now counted as an armchair fan who isn't a proper supporter?

Some things are far, far more important than Football.
I agree with you 100% and that really wasnt the point I was making...I was making a comment on booing
your own team and then hornsey decided I wasnt a season ticket holder and therefore not a propfer fan.
I was just trying to point out that actually I was a season ticket holder and that it didnt matter if I wasnt.
My dad never had a season ticket but I havent met anyone who was a bigger fan...................

Irons!!
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

dean_whu wrote: I agree with you 100% and that really wasnt the point I was making...I was making a comment on booing
your own team and then hornsey decided I wasnt a season ticket holder and therefore not a propfer fan.
I was just trying to point out that actually I was a season ticket holder and that it didnt matter if I wasnt.
My dad never had a season ticket but I havent met anyone who was a bigger fan...................

Irons!!
:crest:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Marky wrote: Still think you arre only a 'real fan' if you go though.
So I wasn't a real fan when I lived in Oman but I am now?