LC2: West Ham Utd 4 Macclesfield 1 (aet) (27/08/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Re: West Ham United v Macclesfield match thread

Post by davids cross »

smuts wrote: Exactly....who remembers getting stuffed 5-2 in extra time by Barnsley back in the late eighties? Stockport away?
Funny you should bring that one up because that is the one that sticks in my memory............Remember the "great" John Lyall was even getting a bit of stick at that time. Gentle by todays rotten standards.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

smuts wrote: Exactly....who remembers getting stuffed 5-2 in extra time by Barnsley back in the late eighties? Stockport away?

These cup ties are always iffy and although we weren't great by any means, we could have been home and dry with the chances we had in the second half.
Looking back through the match thread just shows how little is picked up from text commentaries, and how radio commentary is often cobblers - Radio London / BBC Essex etc...... and how silly some comments are......

Its one thing to take an opinion when you're watching it on TV or an internet stream - but when you're "blind" you're always reliant on the honesty and accuracy of others.

Good result in the end..... and yes, they had one noteworthy effort all game ........when we were down to 10 men......

It was always a matter of patience....
best tever

Post by best tever »

Im not one to dampen moods , however did anyone notice Ashton body language seem alot like berbatovs,perhaps he is not happy ,I dont know , im not saying he didn't try because he did , however he just din't seem happy Headbanger
best tever

Post by best tever »

Also , how saw that bloke singing in the blm "we want harry rednapp " on this own for about 5 minutes.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

best tever wrote:Im not one to dampen moods , however did anyone notice Ashton body language seem alot like berbatovs,perhaps he is not happy ,I dont know , im not saying he didn't try because he did , however he just din't seem happy Headbanger
Far from it.

Ashton seemed more like a part of the team, more eager to get stuck in, more connected to players like Cole and gave more effort than he did for several months last year.

The real question from yesterday was "where was Neill?"
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

best tever wrote:Also , how saw that bloke singing in the blm "we want harry rednapp " on this own for about 5 minutes.
Did he sing "Along with his last bunch of signings...Gary Charles, Rigobert Song, sh*tty Titi Camra, Raggy Soma"...... :lol:

(I'll forgive Harry for Dailly.....and no, I don't want to get into why I liked Dailly argument again!)
johnpantsil

Post by johnpantsil »

best tever wrote:Im not one to dampen moods , however did anyone notice Ashton body language seem alot like berbatovs,perhaps he is not happy ,I dont know , im not saying he didn't try because he did , however he just din't seem happy Headbanger
I know what your saying. I caught the highlights on Sky Sports News last night and after Ashton headed across the box for Cole's goal, instead of joining in the celebrations he wandered away looking at the ground...

Not good imho... :?
best tever

Post by best tever »

smuts wrote: Did he sing "Along with his last bunch of signings...Gary Charles, Rigobert Song, sh*tty Titi Camra, Raggy Soma"...... :lol:

(I'll forgive Harry for Dailly.....and no, I don't want to get into why I liked Dailly argument again!)
No im afriad he didn't :wink:
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 247 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Nope - thought he seemed ok and interacted well - indeed more so than usual.
best tever wrote:Also , how saw that bloke singing in the blm "we want harry rednapp " on this own for about 5 minutes.
Is that the BML? Now I know why I moved :wink:
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

johnpantsil wrote: I know what your saying. I caught the highlights on Sky Sports News last night and after Ashton headed across the box for Cole's goal, instead of joining in the celebrations he wandered away looking at the ground...

Did they also show him genuinely applauding and encouraging Boa Morte's efforts when people were beginning to get on his back, running up to Hines when he scored, or him attempting to run down 3 Macclesfield players playing "keep ball" after 115 minutes of the game?

When the goal was scored Cole headed for faubert on the other side of the pitch first up because it was his cross that created the whole thing, and then over to Ashton.

Paranoia.......
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

johnpantsil wrote: I know what your saying. I caught the highlights on Sky Sports News last night and after Ashton headed across the box for Cole's goal, instead of joining in the celebrations he wandered away looking at the ground...

Well after all of the goals we scored he didnt go and celebrate so i think something is up with him.
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

At the end of the 90 minutes who else see macclesfields manager beeing sent to the stands, from what i see there players were complaining to the referee about the red card, and the manager came in and started having ago, the ref had none of it and sent him to the stands.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

Deano is always a bit reserved so I wouldn't read much into it just because he doesn't jump around like a loon when someone else scores.
dean_whu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by dean_whu »

hornsey wrote:

you have absolutly no evidence to prove that point.
Are you a season ticket holder?

Just been looking at your previous posts mate and it seems you claimed to only have gone to 5 home games last season.
I am a loyal season ticket holder and have been going to Upton Park since i was a junior Hammer so don't EVER question my status as a 'fan'
Do one.
Ummm what are you talking about? Have been a season ticket holder for as many years as I can remember,
show me these posts and I call you a liar..............You are a booer arent you!?
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

dean_whu wrote: Ummm what are you talking about? Have been a season ticket holder for as many years as I can remember,
show me these posts and I call you a liar..............You are a booer arent you!?
I'm a season ticket holder of many years.
You're not.
Therefore we don't need to talk about who the real supporter is here.
jonnyhammer

Post by jonnyhammer »

dodger wrote:Those criticising the CM lower are out of order IMO. How many of you on your high horses were there? They supported the team very loudly until about 15 minutes into the second half which was bloody impressive I thought considering how awful we were at home to a League Two side near the bottom of their league. At least they can put a bloody song together unlike the now silent and pathetic BM lower.
The atmosphere was actually better overall than our average atmosphere for a Premier League game, and there were some very loud bubbles sung during the match. I understand some on here just want to hate our support every chance they get but last night I thought the crowd did themselves proud.

Comedy quote of the year so far.

If calling our manager a c*nt and singing for Redknapp and Bilic is doing us proud there is a major problem with some of you. Headbanger
thamesmeadhammer
Location: Walking in God's Grace, Sunny North Thamesmead, BML Row G 151

Post by thamesmeadhammer »

Yeah I saw him was about 10 seats and 2 rows away from him What a knobjockey !

We just looked and glared at him !!!!

Loads of plastics where I was sitting.......................
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

thamesmeadhammer wrote: Yeah I saw him was about 10 seats and 2 rows away from him What a knobjockey !

Surely those turning out at silly prices, when only 10 thousand others could be bothered, can hardly be called plastics?
thamesmeadhammer
Location: Walking in God's Grace, Sunny North Thamesmead, BML Row G 151

Post by thamesmeadhammer »

Macclesfield....No pressure on them. Cup game take away some of things going wrong in league 2.

Early goal with Davenport off the field.

Well organised in defence and midfield men behind the ball etc.......Good game plan IMO

West Ham keep plugging awaym, Bowyers goal reward for his hardwork, man sent off, extra time we rip them apart.

thru to next round happy days :raver: :raver:
hammer2192

Post by hammer2192 »

thamesmeadhammer wrote: Yeah I saw him was about 10 seats and 2 rows away from him What a knobjockey !

yeah , I saw him to.
Last edited by hammer2192 on Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.