West Ham Utd 4 Blackburn 1 (30/08/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hammer2192

Re: West Ham Utd v Blackburn Rovers: match thread

Post by hammer2192 »

That was brilliant, great performance.

Star players:

Green: great saves including penalty save

Davonport: won nearly every header and scoring a goal

Faubert: Very effective, good assist and good touches

Cole: Held ball up well linked play and capped it of with a goal

Overall, most of the players played very well, im so glad bellamy came back with a goal and the best bit was at the end ''JUDAS WHATS THE SCORE JUDAS JUDAS WHATS THE SCORE. :raver:
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

whufcspoon wrote:Very happy that we got behind the team today, i dont know if the paul ince situation made any difference but more like that from the fans every week would be great!

IRONS!
given up my season ticket and picking my games this year, but i took a couple of people who have never been before and they loved it.....happy days.

imo...viewing from behind the goal which i haven't done for years as i'm normally in the west lower...davenport won every header...faubert looked ok till behrami took right mid and he was brilliant..and then bellamy came on and he settled the team and did the buisness.
what we lack is a bossing player in the middle.but 4-1 what the .....
grammarhammer

Post by grammarhammer »

Curbs can look forward to a week where the press spotlight is on Moyes (and Ramos, if Spurs lose again).
SenzaPaura

Post by SenzaPaura »

hammer2192 wrote:That was brilliant, great performance.

Star players:

Green: great saves including penalty save

Davonport: won nearly every header and scoring a goal

Faubert: Very effective, good assist and good touches

Cole: Held ball up well linked play and capped it of with a goal

Overall, most of the players played very well, im so glad bellamy came back with a goal and the best bit was at the end ''JUDAS WHATS THE SCORE JUDAS JUDAS WHATS THE SCORE. :raver:
Brave, because the only time I heard that chant with any prominence was seconds before they scored their goal :lol: It didn't particularly bring good fortune.
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

taffhammer wrote: given up my season ticket and picking my games this year, but i took a couple of people who have never been before and they loved it.....happy days.

imo...viewing from behind the goal which i haven't done for years as i'm normally in the west lower...davenport won every header...faubert looked ok till behrami took right mid and he was brilliant..and then bellamy came on and he settled the team and did the buisness.
what we lack is a bossing player in the middle.but 4-1 what the .....

what i been saying all along
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

Again, enjoyed my day out. Crowd were very good today. Ince was abused badly. :|

Green - Showed he had everything today, good in the air, great point blank saved and his distribution was ok. Another Penalty saved , just amazing.

Neill - Thought he was alright, as the game went on he looked a bit off the pace, would be more suited to the middle.
Is there anyway he would be dropped?
Upson - Solid as always, dealt with everything thrown at him as he always does, quicker than I thought aswell.
Davenport - Thought he was brilliant today, the man will get his head on anything and It was lucky he was there to
cut out Blackburns threat, Robinsons goal kicks, Got a goal aswell , my MOM.
Behrami - Very good today, looked good at RB and RM. Good with the ball at his feet and I think he is physical enough.

Ethers - Better than last week and is a threat on the counter, didnt look the same after the horror challenge, which should
have earned the player a red.
Faubert - Puts in a good ball and we missed his corners after he went off. I think him and Valon will be a great right hand side for us. Tracks back so well and would like to see him at right mid.
Noble - So much better than last week, looked like the Noble of 18 months ago, energetic and very strong in the tackle. Kept the ball well and his passing was very good.
Parker - Also very good, sometimes a bit careless but him and Noble showed they could work together

Cole - Such a workhorse and its good to know that when a last ditch clearance is made someone will chase every ball, deserved a goal. Some great link up play with Ashton aswell.
Ashton - The most ordinary of the lot really, looked a bit off the pace imo. Didnt recieve the ball enough.

Subs - Mullins - Come on and made a few decent challenges, a good player to bring on to hold a lead.
Bellamy - So great to see him back, will be a key player for us this season, took his goal well and enjoyed him and Behrami messing around.
McCartney - Looked lively and linked with Matty straight away, think he is needed to bring the most out of Matty.
Fade & Die

Post by Fade & Die »

I've just watched the match on Football First and I'm really pleased the way most of the team played and it just shows what a difference a week makes although a little bit of my cynical side says there's still 2 days in the shop window :think:
Lucas Neil doesn't inspire me and Rob Green was quite right to berate him when he went over to the right-hand side for easily allowing 2 crosses in although he played a great ball to set up Bellamy.
Let's hope the team closes down in away matches like they did today because I feel that makes such a difference.
Bellamy is class because he's been out all that time and yet he didn;t look like he'd been out injured.
I like Ashton but I'd take Bellamy over him because I reckon he'll be more consistant but what a difference it'll be to have a choice of the 4 strikers we have now with Cole looking like he's getting some of his early promise back.
Berhami looks a good buy and hopefully will get better.
I still think we need another manager because I feel Curbs won't always bring out the best and get the team to gel.
Well done boys and lets hope in the next 2 weeks we don't get more injuries.
Waynster
Location: New York City, NYC - Gabba Gabba where I want to be

Post by Waynster »

On motd now,,,
Adi Cokers Boots

Post by Adi Cokers Boots »

2nd on MOTD :shock:

BG's missus looks like a f*cking corpse :shock: :lol:
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

Motson sounds disinterested like he's doing something else whilst commentating!
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

Adi Cokers Boots wrote:2nd on MOTD :shock:

BG's missus looks like a f*cking corpse :shock: :lol:

i thought it was Billic in a drag disguise.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

hornsey wrote:Motson sounds disinterested like he's doing something else whilst commentating!
I get the feeling Motson provided the commentry after the game.

Lawro is such a ****
hornsey

Post by hornsey »

RichieRiv wrote: I get the feeling Motson provided the commentry after the game.

Lawro is such a c***
no he was defo there i saw him.
Chippenhammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by Chippenhammer »

Missed a couple of good saves which Robinson was forced into and also Dean hitting the post albeit he was offside. Also our poss penalty leading upto the save by Robinson.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

hornsey wrote:no he was defo there i saw him.
I stand corrected. Maybe he was arranging his belly button fluff!
Waynster
Location: New York City, NYC - Gabba Gabba where I want to be

Post by Waynster »

Very impressed by Faubert, and Bellamy was a very welcome return. Green, as always, marvellous.

I'm getting quite excited about the season ahead if we can keep and hopefully improve on the form
craigs uncle

Post by craigs uncle »

Bubbles & Squeaks 77 wrote: "Thank you for flying on West Ham United Airways. We hope you enjoyed your flight!"
i prefer the pic in the forum news, where theyve tailored his empty seat to read "gutted", very funny pic :D
Zatopek

Post by Zatopek »

So it's just me that thought the result was a travesty and we should have been grateful for a point?

Don't get me wrong - a 4-1 win is lovely, but I don't think we should be getting carried away.
baldrockerammer

Post by baldrockerammer »

John D wrote:So it's just me that thought the result was a travesty and we should have been grateful for a point?

Don't get me wrong - a 4-1 win is lovely, but I don't think we should be getting carried away.

We're gonna win the league, we're gonna win the league :raver: :raver: :thup:
Dicksie's Right Boot

Post by Dicksie's Right Boot »

Really appreciated the very informed fellow near me in the Bobby Moore Upper who contributed, at very high volume, the phrase "F**K OFF NOBLE YOU C**T" every time our young, local, home produced talent got the ball. It didn't spoil a very enjoyable win but I would like to thank that chap for making me so proud to follow West Ham