West Ham Utd 1 Bolton 3 (05/10/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Marky
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 182 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Bolton: match thread

Post by Marky »

bonehead wrote:I thought Green was at fault for all three of their goals. The last one he was pissing about at the near post, Taylor spotted that and took advantage of it. We get mugged of in such situations time and time again, yet never seem to take advantage of similar at the other end.

Parker was also one of the main weaknesses for me. He looked like he was trying to emulate steve lomas. Giving unnecessary short passes straight back to people.....and when he did move forward, giving the ball straight back to the opposition. Woeful.

Good shout about Parker = Lomas yesterday I think he is a good player but too often he is going nowhere.

With faubert and Di MIchele its like playing with 9 men
Chavs
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 764 likes

Post by Chavs »

On a sad note, I wasn't too happy with the primitive sexual remarks I got duing the second half from a couple of your scallywags though, some of their language was terrible and has no place in 21st century football. If they read this site, I was the one in the yellow Lonsdale jacket, and for the record, I go to a gym in Chorley 3 times a week
I was a little glad they whistled as I've not had any cóck for 3 weeks and wondered if I'd lost my touch.
How the f*** can you moan when you are coming on here giving it all the large one!

Sounds like the songs they were singing about you were right
Denali
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by Denali »

This was the first game that I have seen since before Zola took over. I was pleased not to see us lumping the ball forward (except Faubert a few times once to good effect, most not). We really are playing on the ground and quickly, with Parker, Behrami and Ilunga working their nuts off. Cole's game has really picked up and that wonderful shot when his back to the goal, made my wife look at me with wide eyes and say "That was CFC?!"

I just can't shake the feeling that Zola really misunderstood the workings of Notlob. He made the statement that he respected their direct play, which made me chuckle and shake my head. He also showed a blind faith in the christmas tree and failed adjust to the game when no gifts were showing up underneath it. Granted we were creating some chances, just not converting them.

I guess I wanted to see a little more flexability and a willingness to try things out when we are not getting the results we want. These are early days for him and I know that he is learning about our players and the players are learning about his systems. I will say that I am looking forward to the future.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

We were too one dimensional, too stereo-typed, too predictable and too slow. Teams coming to Upton Park and playing 4-5-1 as Bolton did, will always come away with something unless Zola can a way of unwitting opponents playing like they did. Pace an movement is the way to unhinge teams playing like that, and we offered none.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by Major »

Romford... Lack of width ?? are you sure? i saw plenty of width at the game.

For example did you see that fat bitch in the Yellow Lonsdale jacket? Plenty of width on her, She needed a boomerang to put her belt on!! smelled of cold tripe as well, i would rather suck a humbug out of a cats arse than go anywhere near one of them pie eating beach balls with arms!!

Hows that for a sense of humour ??
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

I8CHAVS wrote: How the f*** can you moan when you are coming on here giving it all the large one!

Sounds like the songs they were singing about you were right
Tenner says I8CHAVS was th Scallywag in question... :lol:
libero
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

I don't want to be accused of stating the obvious, but without Green's blunders I think we would have won the match. Which means that I don't think we played all that badly. Some players had off days, Green obviously for his howlers, Faubert's passing was awful, Di Michele lost the ball too easily and I think Noble, Parker and Etherington all lacked the decision and imagination to make the kind of telling pass that could have opened Bolton up.

I think we lost for specific reasons yesterday, not because we played especially badly or because the system didn't work. Green is very unlikely to make that many mistakes again in a match and so I think we shouldn't be too dispondent, despite the defeat.

Something which came out of the match was West Ham's lack of creative midfield options on the bench. Noble and Parker were blocked out by Bolton and while Zola had srikers and wide men on the bench, his only central midfield option was Mullins, who isn't much use when you are chasing a result. If Zola doesn't have faith in Collison then we'll have to look at bringing someone in. No point thinking of Dyer as an option because I sincerely doubt if he'll ever play a meaningful number of games for us.
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:
Tenner says I8CHAVS was th Scallywag in question... :lol:
Tenner says if I8CHAVS would have seen anyone man or woman in a yellow ****ing Londsdale jacket he would have ****ed them off!!!!
Bobby Orangeboom

I8CHAVS wrote: Tenner says if I8CHAVS would have seen anyone man or woman in a yellow f***ing Londsdale jacket he would have c***ed them off!!!!
:lol:
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by JonG86 »

I8CHAVS wrote: Tenner says if I8CHAVS would have seen anyone man or woman in a yellow f***ing Londsdale jacket he would have c***ed them off!!!!
And rightfully so!

Dirty northern bastards.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

Look I have apologised for taking the debate off topic. There is no need for these type of comments.

Most of you seem to be trying to have a decent debate on the game, I am trying to give 'our' view.

Am I right in assuming that the name I8CHAVS is ironic, surely anyone using text speak is meeting the most basic criteria of being a Chav ?

What is wrong with a yellow Lonsdale top ? Although it did seem that most people living by your ground prefer more 'traditional' dress.

Surprised to read how much you hate Spurs, always thought it would be Chelsea as they have all your good ex players.

Did you see one of your players was parked in a disabled psot in the official car park yesterday ? I am not trying to make a cheap gag here, but I think such behaviour is disgraceful. :thdn:
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Natasha wrote:Look I have apologised for taking the debate off topic. There is no need for these type of comments.

Most of you seem to be trying to have a decent debate on the game, I am trying to give 'our' view.

Am I right in assuming that the name I8CHAVS is ironic, surely anyone using text speak is meeting the most basic criteria of being a Chav ?

What is wrong with a yellow Lonsdale top ? Although it did seem that most people living by your ground prefer more 'traditional' dress.

Surprised to read how much you hate Sp*rs, always thought it would be Chelsea as they have all your good ex players.

Did you see one of your players was parked in a disabled psot in the official car park yesterday ? I am not trying to make a cheap gag here, but I think such behaviour is disgraceful. :thdn:
Ashton had given Dyer a lift to the game.....
Bobby Orangeboom

Natasha wrote:Look I have apologised for taking the debate off topic. There is no need for these type of comments.

Surprised to read how much you hate Sp*rs, always thought it would be Chelsea as they have all your good ex players.

Chillax Bambino.... 8-)

& there is no room for Racism on this Board & anyway, Noblot is full of em too... :|
libero
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

Yes, I heard Aston injured his other ankle taking Dyer's gold plated wheelchair out of his car
Chavs

Post by Chavs »

Natasha wrote: Am I right in assuming that the name I8CHAVS is ironic, surely anyone using text speak is meeting the most basic criteria of being a Chav ?

Am i right in assuming that you you saying what is wrong in wearing a yellow Lonsdale top is ironic, surely anyone with any fashion sense at all would agree but then again if you want to walk around like an overgrown lemon it is upto you.....

Glad to hear you got some cock at the weekend keep up the good work....

Fat Mess
Bobby Orangeboom

I8CHAVS wrote: Am i right in assuming that you you saying what is wrong in wearing a yellow Lonsdale top is ironic, surely anyone with any fashion sense at all would agree but then again if you want to walk around like an overgrown lemon it is upto you.....

Glad to hear you got some cock at the weekend keep up the good work....

Fat Mess
He does make me giggle.. :lol:
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by Major »

Yeah but you havn't apologised for smelling like tripe!!! Put me right of my Balti Pie!! FFS

As for the parking, Most of our 1st team are ****ing disabled.
Heysel76
Has liked: 215 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

Natasha wrote:
Did you see one of your players was parked in a disabled psot in the official car park yesterday ?
Ashton, Dyer etc etc, surprised there aren't more disabled places in the players car park.
Natasha

Post by Natasha »

The comments about Dyer and his gold wheel-chair made me laugh.

I must explain my Lonsdale top is very much a retro number as favoured by Mr Paul Weller, it is not something Mike Ashley would be selling.

I have the day off today so will be watching the game again on sky+ I will let you know if Scott Parker passed the ball forward at all.

Hvae any of you had the chance to watch the game again ? Was wondering what was your take on Nobles booking ? At first I thouhgt it was a bit harsh, but having seen agin it was a bit naughty.
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Wouldn't have complained if he'd got sent off. Terrible tackle.