West Ham Utd 0 Aston Villa 1 (20/12/08)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Clucking Bell
Location: Make piss ..... check ..... crossed arms .... check .... wife hates me ... result!!
Has liked: 119 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Re: Match Thread: West Ham -v- Aston Villa

Post by Clucking Bell »

Tel The Hammer wrote: Thing is we started with exactly the same side at Stamford Bridge last sunday. I know we were away from home and you#re not supposed to attack as much, but our midfield looked fine, creative and dandy at Chelsea. So there's no need for change in our midfield. Only difference is our main chance at Chelsea fell to Bellamy and he was able to stick it away. Shame the same can't be said about Cole today or last weekend.

The midfield isn't the problem.
Chelsea's a different story ..... they don't play with any width either. Joe Cole was the nearest they had to a winger.

Also Fat Frank, JC and Ballack are also prepared to have the odd shot at goal when the opportunity presents.
Van Damme

Post by Van Damme »

Why does Parker do a 360 turn nearly every time he has the ball before he makes a pass and then goes backwards its soo annoying. :crest:
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1049 likes
Total likes: 1331 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

Van Damme wrote:Why does Parker do a 360 turn nearly every time he has the ball before he makes a pass and then goes backwards its soo annoying. :crest:
Is that a question or a statement?

If it's a question than the answer is 'he doesnt'

If it's a statement than I would simply like to thank you for bringing that to my attention
I am law

Post by I am law »

Does anyone know if Parker is injured by the way?

Although perhaps not up to the same standard as one or two recent performances, he didn't do that badly yesterday.
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

I am Law asked
Does anyone know if Parker is injured by the way?

Although perhaps not up to the same standard as one or two recent performances, he didn't do that badly yesterday.
He must've picked up a knock as he wasn't playing bad enough to be subbed at half time especially with Capello watching.

His dodgy back pass almost lead to us conceding but that apart, he was solid again. I wasn't impressed with him last season with all the injuries and thought we'd bought a pup but he's a solid midfielder with a good all-round game.