Newcastle Utd 2 West Ham Utd 2 (10/01/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: Newcastle v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Romford »

PaulTheHammer wrote:Romford mate, do you use any Instant Messaging programs at all? I want to have a chat to a mod about something in a bit more detail but nobody seems really available whenever I try.
I can't even use a mobile phone !!

Best person is Gnome (who is usually VERY available 8-) )...he actually knows what he's doing and is far less busy than the Guv
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Romford wrote: I can't even use a mobile phone !!

Best person is Gnome (who is usually VERY available 8-) )...he actually knows what he's doing and is far less busy than the Guv
Will give it a try, cheers mate.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

issi wrote: Thought that was a bit strange, but it actualy worked well for us, by the time we got back to the station we got straight on the train to Whitley Bay, cant imagine being able to do that at UP station ( the walking onto the train bit, I know it dont go to Whitley Bay :wink: )
Whats WB like these days ??

20 years ago its as the place to go...

As for the station...it did actually seem to have got closer if you can work that out. You had more luck on the train than we did...we were 20 mins late into Hartlepool due to "operating difficulties"
Gnome
Quite eloquent for a garden ornament
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Gnome »

Romford wrote:Whats WB like these days ??

Last season we went through there on the way back from that place with the enormous fish (long story!). It reminded me of being in Liverpool. Just about every other place was boarded up it seemed to be on the slide big time.
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

Romford wrote: Whats WB like these days ??

As for the station...it did actually seem to have got closer if you can work that out. You had more luck on the train than we did...we were 20 mins late into Hartlepool due to "operating difficulties"
I live just up the road from WB. It's gone down hill badly over the past couple of years. A real dive now. Note for next season, avoid WB, head for Tynemouth. Some decent bars and pubs there.
WHU4EVA

Post by WHU4EVA »

http://www.mysoccerplace.net/video/newc ... s-west-ham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

some highlights

ilungas ball i dont think ya well see a better pass all season amazing :raver:
Arise Sir Trev

Post by Arise Sir Trev »

Geordie Hammer wrote:Well.....

I've not had a chance to have a read through the thread but here it goes.

Just got in, f*cking freezing.

Fans were top notch. Never let up with the noise (only 2 chelsea songs)
Toon were quiet as ever with most of the main stand empty.
In general we played well. I would love to see some of Bellers offside decisions. From where we were they looked close.
CFC...a better game to be honest.
Bellers looked sharp and was let down by some poor through balls.
Newcastle were poor. Lucky with their goals.

despite feeling robbed, not going to complain too much. In general the play was good. 1 point better than none.

Only real downer for the day was a p*ssed bloke losing his balance 15 minutes in and falling over the seat in front of him which set of a domino effect which ended when a big lad landed right on top of my 6 year old daughter. She was ok though, just a bit shaken up. And full credit to everyone around who made sure we were ok and tried to cheer her up. She soon saw the funny side.
Geordie Hammer,

Glad the kid is alright, I was in the row in front and it looked a bit nasty. I hope she beat the top score on her Nintendo though!
WindmillWarrior

Post by WindmillWarrior »

Devils Advocate wrote: and back at Newcastle Airport while waiting for a delayed flight back to Heathrow, there was a bunch of Irish Hammers heading back to Dublin, who helped us pass some time at the bar until our flight was ready (we nearly missed it after having to wait an extra 90 minutes for it :oops: )
Think that might have been us mate! Was very drunk at that stage though so f*ck knows what kind of sh*te I was coming out with!! Top top day
MacWHUFC

Post by MacWHUFC »

Was that you and your mates in Tigertiger aswell mate came in and sat down and heard a load of Irish accents next table to us one wearing a vintage style West Ham tracksuit top?
WindmillWarrior

Post by WindmillWarrior »

MacWHUFC wrote:Was that you and your mates in Tigertiger aswell mate came in and sat down and heard a load of Irish accents next table to us one wearing a vintage style West Ham tracksuit top?
Yep, we were in there as well. We were in a good few pubs actually! That was me in the trackie top I reckon
The General

Post by The General »

Geordie Hammer wrote:Well.....

I've not had a chance to have a read through the thread but here it goes.

Just got in, f*cking freezing.

Fans were top notch. Never let up with the noise (only 2 chelsea songs)
Toon were quiet as ever with most of the main stand empty.
In general we played well. I would love to see some of Bellers offside decisions. From where we were they looked close.
CFC...a better game to be honest.
Bellers looked sharp and was let down by some poor through balls.
Newcastle were poor. Lucky with their goals.

despite feeling robbed, not going to complain too much. In general the play was good. 1 point better than none.

Only real downer for the day was a p*ssed bloke losing his balance 15 minutes in and falling over the seat in front of him which set of a domino effect which ended when a big lad landed right on top of my 6 year old daughter. She was ok though, just a bit shaken up. And full credit to everyone around who made sure we were ok and tried to cheer her up. She soon saw the funny side.
Again sorry about this - I wasn't the drunk guy, I was the "big bloke" (first time I've ever been called that so I thank you, you may have been tricked by the many layers of clothing I had on)

Guy behind fell into me next thing I know I'm in the next row and I've made a girl cry, never felt so guilty in ages, still got sore ankles due to that guy. Was surprised he wasn't thrown out and saw him drinking more at half time. ANyway sorry again Geordie Hammer.