Newcastle Utd 2 West Ham Utd 2 (10/01/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

kenthammer
Has liked: 245 likes
Total likes: 395 likes

Re: Newcastle v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by kenthammer »

Deserved more than a point today but good performance all round,first visit to Sid James Park and must say deeply disappointed with the home fans expected a cauldron of noise and got the equivalent of a nun breaking wind,great away support though :crest:
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

Did you take your telescope to the game Geordie Hammer? :shock: Bet that was nippy up there?!
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

just back after a looooooong day.

so pleased i made the last minute decison to go!

fuk me, why didnt we kill them off at the start of the second half--- they were there for a killing

longer report tomorrow-im out on the lash now, but mentions in dispatches for lllunga, MOTM for me. Cole and Pepperami

oh, and upson for the last ditch tackle!
I am law

Post by I am law »

Always Owen
Decent response
Nailed on penalty (Bassong/Bellamy)
Ilunga and Cole - a beauty
Nil defence for the equaliser - nobody deserves a shout for that one, no challenge and Green barely moved. Fair play to the debutant with the moody barnet.
Upson saved the day.
neilbob

Post by neilbob »

I reckon both sets of fans will feel they could have won it today. Good game, and on paper a good point.
bobo

Post by bobo »

Would I be going too far in saying that Matty Upson is WORLD-CLASS!! I really do actually mean that, he is a fu#king class act.

Well done to Carlton "THE BEAST" Cole, your goal was like a young Drogba type finish.
I am law

Post by I am law »

bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

I watched that game today and personally come to the conclusion that these are two sides who are definately not going down. Todays game was a credit to the premiership, yes there was mistakes, but good games always have them, It was just the go getting attitude from both sides and I for one believe a draw was quite right. We've played bad and won, weve played great and lost but even when we were 2-1 up I felt a draw was on the cards (but was worried near the end the barcodes would get a winner which wouldnt have been right). Many of us slightly older hammers dont remember too many wins at St James Park, so a point there is always helpful. F**k the big four teams, games like today were what we always used to be about, and fair play to the geordies too!
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

My impressions:

We cant sell Bellamy.

I'd rather not sell Parker either.

Cole was really good. What a goal, well pleased for him.

Ginge has a habit of getting sucked into towards the ball for crosses rather than staying on his man (he was good though in general).

Upson is truly ****ing brilliant.

St James Park sounded like a morgue (apart from our lot of course). We think the boleyn is bad, that was outstandingly placid.

Well done to the away support, loud and clear.
PrinceH

Post by PrinceH »

Great supporters! The home side was nothing to you. We even heard you in Sweden! Thanks!

And thanks for a great team effort! The players and the fans.
Happy for Cole's great goal!

(My ranks: ) http://bubble-view.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Green Man
Has liked: 59 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by The Green Man »

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=7SRA9XJE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highlights.. french commentary though.

Cole continues to prove he's got great potential. :thup:
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Sam jacks before the game was good!

I especially enjoyed the part where a mate of mine threw up on stage/podium. And another won the high / low card game.
scottish_hammer

Post by scottish_hammer »

k-r-c wrote:Sam jacks before the game was good!

I especially enjoyed the part where a mate of mine threw up on stage/podium. And another won the high / low card game.
sam jacks was a great laugh today :D plus only £2 a pint :thup:
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

scottish_hammer wrote: sam jacks was a great laugh today :D plus only £2 a pint :thup:
£2? I wouldnt know as i was the driver dammit. Still i proberbly didnt need any alcohol after the friday night up there.

I think the two hammers me and my mate met at about 3am post on here, if you see this message then sorry for being a bit pissed. :lol:
greenstreetboy

Away Support...you did us proud

Post by greenstreetboy »

As one of the many who were at the Bridge to stick it to the Chelski-ites from Surrey, I couldnt make today's game with Newcastle, but wanted to give big thanks to those who did make it up to St James'.

Having just watched the highlights on FootballFirst on Sky, all you could hear was Bubbles, Claret and Blue Army et al.....awesome.

Nice one lads, lets keep the support going away from home and keep taking these points that are so rightfully ours....how about bringing that support back to the Park home boys?

Thought we were unlucky today, but a point is better than none.....

now, excuse me I'm off to pray for a Wigan/Spuds draw with Emile Heskey over running the touchline and taking Dirty 'Arry out knocking him unconcious.....Back to the studio, Jamie what've you got to say about that? Jamie? Oh dear.....speechless. :)

COYI :crest:
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Re: Away Support...you did us proud

Post by Kialos »

Pity several of the players couldn't be arsed to acknowledge us at the end.
greenstreetboy

Post by greenstreetboy »

Like I said,I wasnt there, so I cant comment...but watching it back on Sky, its the second 'BIG' stadium weve travelled too where we've been louder than the home support...

out of interest, who?
Kialos
Has liked: 1556 likes
Total likes: 773 likes

Post by Kialos »

It's difficult to say because they were so far away, a tall black player who I am assuming was Cole did come towards us and a couple othes moved in our direction but the rest just walked off at the halfway line.
greenstreetboy

Post by greenstreetboy »

well, who knows then....I'm just grateful that we didnt spunk all three points and more importantly that the away support is still going so strong....boys, sing it loud!

Wonder if the 900+ at Hartlepool can keep it going.....:)

COYI :crest:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

derek zoolander wrote:
Upson is truly f***ing brilliant.
Yes he is :thup:

Always happy with an away point in the Premiership. We could have won but equally we could have lost. Six unbeaten now away from home.......... We should really be trying to add to this team NOT break it up. Roll on Feb 2nd.