West Ham Utd 3 Fulham 1 (18/01/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

I am law

West Ham Utd 3 Fulham 1 (18/01/09)

Post by I am law »

Fulham have

1. Conceded only 6 goals away in 9 matches, and
2. Not won away all season.

Something's got to give next week, Shirley?
Matt of iron

Re: West Ham -v- Fulham

Post by Matt of iron »

6 nill win to Fulham it is then.
PaulTheHammer

Post by PaulTheHammer »

Z-Man to score for them against us, but we'll win 2-1 I say. :D
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

At their place, did they have about 1000000 dangerous free kicks towards the end or did I imagine it? :think:
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Memorial Ground wrote:At their place, did they have about 1000000 dangerous free kicks towards the end or did I imagine it? :think:
You imagined it :lol:

For some reason iv got a **** feeling about this one :?

Did you ever pork that spanish sort MG?
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Ben »

same again please but dyer and sears on the bench :thup:
greenstreetboy

Post by greenstreetboy »

Now, this maybe controversial, or not hopefully, but I hope Bobby Z gets a good reception from us lot. One of only a few ex-irons Ive got time for, I'll never forget the passion he gave this club...in my mind, I wish we'd kept him, if only just for my sentimental value.

The lad was claret and blue through and through... :crest:
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by Ben »

greenstreetboy wrote:Now, this maybe controversial, or not hopefully, but I hope Bobby Z gets a good reception from us lot. One of only a few ex-irons Ive got time for, I'll never forget the passion he gave this club...in my mind, I wish we'd kept him, if only just for my sentimental value.

The lad was claret and blue through and through... :crest:
not controversial at all :lol:
i think you will be hard pressed to find someone who will give him any grief
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1309 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Fulham: match thread

Post by davids cross »

The most amazing statistic for this match is the number of goals Fulham have scored away from home this season.

2 :shock:

I resolve myself from any blame should they score 5 against us as I did NOT start the thread. This should stop a Carroll like occurance Sir Bob :wink:
rendog2

Post by rendog2 »

Was at the geordie match today in the geordie end. I just sat there with a subtle smirk on my face, not at the game, which I thought was fairly even, but at the way our lot outsang the supposed 'passionate geordie wacky toon army'.

Made me proud to be a londoner, and convinced me to redouble my efforts to move back to civilisation as soon as possible (actually just kidding, I think Newcastle is an underrated city TBH).

Anyway, my point being, if we can generate that away, imagine if 35,000 of us did it at upton park. We need to turn the place back into the home of our team. At the moment our away form is great and our home form terrible. So different form a few years ago. If we can combine that away form with the home form we had under redknapp, say, we'd be champions league contenders.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1309 likes

Post by davids cross »

Ben wrote:same again please but dyer and sears on the bench :thup:
So you want a 2-2 Ben ? with Dyer and Sears watching.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Major »

rendog2 wrote:Was at the geordie match today in the geordie end. I just sat there with a subtle smirk on my face, not at the game, which I thought was fairly even, but at the way our lot outsang the supposed 'passionate geordie wacky toon army'.

Made me proud to be a londoner, and convinced me to redouble my efforts to move back to civilisation as soon as possible (actually just kidding, I think Newcastle is an underrated city TBH).

Anyway, my point being, if we can generate that away, imagine if 35,000 of us did it at upton park. We need to turn the place back into the home of our team. At the moment our away form is great and our home form terrible. So different form a few years ago. If we can combine that away form with the home form we had under redknapp, say, we'd be champions league contenders.

The reason is that Upton Park is 60% nouveau c**** that don't know there arse from there elbow.
gavind
Total likes: 1 like

Post by gavind »

i somehow don't think jonny pants and zman need to worry about there reception....
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I am law wrote:Fulham have

1. Conceded only 6 goals away in 9 matches, and
2. Not won away all season.

Something's got to give next week, Shirley?
They've also only scored 2 away goals.
I am law

Post by I am law »

Puff Daddy wrote: They've also only scored 2 away goals.
So we should lump on a nil-nil?

I think Zamora will know he's come home when his name's read out and, with that in mind, the law of West Ham's Charitable Donations is such that he'll more than likely score. :x

We could make some more upward progression in the table by winning this, but Collins yesterday gave me the jitters (off the radio at least). Are we definitely selling Callum by the way?
claret-hammer

Post by claret-hammer »

latest will hill odds to finish bottom 3.

Selection Price
West Brom 1/4
Stoke 4/9
Portsmouth 11/4
Bolton 7/2
Hull 7/2
Blackburn 7/2
Sunderland 4/1
Middlesbrough 4/1
West Ham 5/1
Newcastle 11/2
Fulham 12/1
Tottenham 14/1
Wigan 16/1
city 20/1

hull 7/2 there in freefall looks tasty.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 256 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

claret-hammer wrote:latest will hill odds to finish bottom 3.

Selection Price
West Brom 1/4
Stoke 4/9
Portsmouth 11/4
Bolton 7/2
Hull 7/2
Blackburn 7/2
Sunderland 4/1
Middlesbrough 4/1
West Ham 5/1
Newcastle 11/2
Fulham 12/1
T*ttenham 14/1
Wigan 16/1
city 20/1

hull 7/2 there in freefall looks tasty.
Hull do look in free fall now but still have some way to go before they slide into the bottom three, as some of the sides below them will have to play each other, so even if they continue to lose matches and drop points, it will still be some time before they slip into the bottom 3. However, if they do, I woudln't fancy their chances of getting out of it
stubbsy07

Post by stubbsy07 »

I honestly feel we have two very important league games coming up. Fulham at home and Hull at home as Arsenal and Man Ure are just round the corner. Win against Fulham and Hull and that gives us massive breathing space and hopefully an impoetus to climb even further.

I would like to see the same team as against Newcastle against Fulham, with Dyer on the bench.

Fulham don't score many and are also useful at the back, but I feel we'll nick it 2-1.
Countryboy

Post by Countryboy »

Odd, isn't it, how Fulham sign up Konchesky and Pantsil - both derided on here as being useless, championship quality at best, taxiiii, etc - and with those two forming half their defence and being virtually ever-present, go on to have the fourth-best goals-against record in the Premiership this season.

Makes me wonder, why do we slag off our own players so relentlessly? And do the slaggers actually have a f*cking clue what they're talking, or slagging about?

(And before anyone points it out, yes, I slagged off Curbs from the moment he arrived, so I'm guilty of it with him, too ... tho he hasn't yet proved me wrong anywhere else :wink: )
dodger
Location: Scotland / London / Japan / somewhere in between the 3
Has liked: 277 likes
Total likes: 406 likes

Post by dodger »

Countryboy wrote:Odd, isn't it, how Fulham sign up Konchesky and Pantsil - both derided on here as being useless, championship quality at best, taxiiii, etc - and with those two forming half their defence and being virtually ever-present, go on to have the fourth-best goals-against record in the Premiership this season.

Makes me wonder, why do we slag off our own players so relentlessly? And do the slaggers actually have a f*cking clue what they're talking, or slagging about?

(And before anyone points it out, yes, I slagged off Curbs from the moment he arrived, so I'm guilty of it with him, too ... tho he hasn't yet proved me wrong anywhere else :wink: )
You may be right about Paintsil, but for it's worth I don't think he was slagged .off much by the fans. Perhaps unfairly labelled average as you say but not given much abuse. In fact he was given a lot of adoration.
As for Konchesky, I still have no doubts he is a poor player. He had a half-decent first season for us do not forget, a season where our defence looked the strongest it had for years. He will be shown up at Fulham as he was here eventually. If you think we were wrong about him, watch Fulham's first match this season at Hull.