Tottenham 1 West Ham Utd 0 (11/04/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mano-obe

Re: T*ttenham V West Ham United Match Thread

Post by mano-obe »

Big George wrote:
personally i think the whole Big club thing is load of old b***ocks. I never thought the term "big" is something that is particualrly good. I associate it with a corporate identity, plastic fans, and a club that lost its a connection with its supprters.

However mate, you need your bumps felt if you think Sp*rs are a "bigger" club than Newcastle and Man City. And thinking that Sp*rs are up there with Rangers and Celtic is just deluded.

The truth is there's the "big four" (including Arsenal, curiously missing from your list) and there's the rest

Now shall we talk about football?
Can I ask why you think Newcastle and Man City are bigger than Spurs? Apart from bigger stadiums I can't see how.

As for Rangers and Celtic I put them in the big catergory but don't think I'd class them as massive. After all, they do play in a mickey mouse league playing against the likes of Inverness and Falkirk. I find it difficult to take a country where men wear skirts seriously
mano-obe

Post by mano-obe »

taffhammer wrote:
Whilst for a Sp*rs fan you seem quite reasonable , i would say if it's about how big or massive a club is now rather than in the history books then like it or not both our clubs must be in the same section.Unfortunately you would have to put Chelsea at present in the "massive" section .
Yep football has changed a lot, I won't go into a rant about it all. I'd find it very difficult to class Chelsea as massive, I just remember the days of bucket collecting and empty seats :thdn:

Anyway I don't really expect many Hammers fans to agree with much of what I say, I sometimes won't agree with you lot either. I guess it creates a good discussion either way :D

I'm off now, back later!
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Why is it the Spurs fans are so obsessed with size!?!... :arry: :lol:
Never about what goes on, on the pitch at the present time - always about how bigger £$£$£'s they make per year, how big spend they will have available and how big a profit could be made, how big the trophies they once won and how big the tally is.
Definite size issues.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

mano-obe wrote:
Can I ask why you think Newcastle and Man City are bigger than Sp*rs? Apart from bigger stadiums I can't see how.

As for Rangers and Celtic I put them in the big catergory but don't think I'd class them as massive. After all, they do play in a mickey mouse league playing against the likes of Inverness and Falkirk. I find it difficult to take a country where men wear skirts seriously
I've kept away from this so far...but to say both Rangers and Celtic aren't massive shows that you haven't got a clue.

And as for people wearing skirts...have you been to a home game lately and walked along the High Road ? That doesn't include your mates from the Granite City !?