Aston Villa 1 West Ham Utd 1 (18/04/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Happyhammer93
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: Aston Villa v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by Happyhammer93 »

From seeing the replay's of the goal it seems like Tristan was in the right place to be able to steer the ball into the back of the net. Not lucky like his goal against Stoke, some skill and abilty involed.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1042 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

ouston... totally agree about Zola... seems like a genuine bloke and I hope we see him here for years to come.
Hands of iron

Post by Hands of iron »

Just got back, was a very good game of football.

LBM worked hard today and put in a good shift.

Tomkins was good at right back and I think he looked even better at centre back, very good prospect we have on our hands.

Neil had a good game, hes been solid most of the season.
Sears and savio looked lively when they came on and helped change the game in our favour. I was pleased to see sears do well when he came on.

Ilunga didnt impress me much in the first half, kept drifting in the middle and this left millner unmarked several times.

I was sat in the lower tier today, it was alot noiser in the upper tier! There was some really good moments when the whole of our lot got going though.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

JonG86 wrote:Was speaking to my dad on the way home and this thought came up. Has Noble actually found his position yet? I think he would be best served trying to learn the Scott Parker role and developing the tackling side of his game...
My sentiments exactly mate :thup:
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

beckton wrote: Watching our goal live and having not seen a replay it looked like it just smacked Tristan in the head, bloody hell he was awful today.

As much as you hate him it didn't, it was going wide, he knew this , he was watching it the whole way, he guided it in.

Done.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Hands of iron wrote:Just got back, was a very good game of football.

LBM worked hard today and put in a good shift.

You are a t.v. commentator and I claim my 5 quid.

THAT'S WHAT THEY GETTING HANDSOMELY PAID FOR ....

Headbanger Headbanger
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by Big George »

few things..

I thought the support today inside the stadium was sensational. Maybe because I was at the back of the Upper tier but the noise was fantastic.

LBM had another good game, maybe Zola is a man who can bring new life into any player

would like to see Dyer start next week. I know he's a twat of a humn being but he added something today.

Zola has clearly chose Tompkins over Ginge...

Goal or no goal Tristan is Pony

Green was MoM...really tough game and got stuck in with Carew.

Shame about the horrible racist crap in the Cap and Gown..
Langley Hammer

Post by Langley Hammer »

Having watched the game over here in Oz, I must say I'm ecstatic over the result but disapointed we did not nick it. I am really disappointed by some of the bad passing and sloppines on display at times but pleased we managed to hold Villa.
Would have loved for Stanislas' and Tommo's efforts to go in, but thank fook Tristan put it in the back of the net, a redeeming goal for an otherwise poor performance by the man.

COYI!!!
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Similar to Langley, just watched it here in Melbourne.

I thought we gave the ball away a fair bit in midfield, but a least we carried on battling for it which was good to see, I was p*ssed off that Zola didn't take either LBM or Tristan off when bringing on Savio and Sears, but ate my words when Tristan guided that in with a sweet touch, it was clearly going wide and when you watch the replay, Tristan was watching it all the way.

Good point away from home I guess given how many chances Villa had and expecially given Tomkins tried to shoplift the ball out of the ground at the end LoL....

Chelski next at home :crest:
Last edited by WoodgateHammer on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Midfield Dynamo wrote:http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0, ... 68,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zola's reaction :thup:
In a world full of Whingers and Taggarts, Zola is pure class. :crest:
Westham

Post by Westham »

Good game today don't think we deserved a win but a draw was fair...

I know every one is going on Zola this Zola that don't think he will stay with us he will go to a bigger team, with our squad of players we are lucky to be in the top half @ the end of the season, Headbanger Headbanger
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

Watched the game from a private box, opposite the Hammers fans (above the Tunnel). What a great display of team support from our lot, from the front row of the lower stand, to the back row of the upper, everyone looked like they singing every song, 10 out of 10.

For the 1st time ever, when we scored I was in a position to go completely balistic when surrounded by opposing fans, & not a thing they could do about it.

A group of fella's in with us bought 4 bubble making guns outside the ground, & gave them to Brad Freidels kids in the next box, it was hilairious looking at the Villa fans giving Daggers at a bunch of 5 year old. The adults they were with, not realising the significance. Bubbles flowed throughout the game :lol:

Joe Calzagi was two boxes down, & apparently jumped all over the place when Villa Scored. Strange team to support, coming from South Wales :think:

Thought Neil was the pick of the bunch, once he reverted to right back. Every pass to Tristan should now be aimed towards his head, he has no feet whatsoever.
beckton

Post by beckton »

IIIronss wrote:

As much as you hate him it didn't, it was going wide, he knew this , he was watching it the whole way, he guided it in.

Done.
I don't hate Tristan, I just think he is past it and his legs are gone and sadly it seems he only has himself to blame.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Just saw the "pen" on football first , nailed on handball , :lol:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

bubbles1966 wrote:
tristan 2 LBM 1

I told you it'd be whoever couldn't get out of the way of a shot heading for row Z :lol:
Ahhh so it was you Bubbles..

I knew i'd had a Thousand GBP wages on Tristan scoring more than LBM but couldn't remember who with.. :wink:
Bedshammer

Post by Bedshammer »

A bloke in the row behind us really took against Tristan. Some comments:

"Feck off back to Spain and eat paella. You're slower than one of them snails what goes into it."
"Tristan? More like pissed on!"

Several seconds later, Tristan scores......
myladswill

Post by myladswill »

Longneck'd Iron wrote: Joe Calzagi was two boxes down, & apparently jumped all over the place when Villa Scored. Strange team to support, coming from South Wales :think:
Hope you went over there to put him straight.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

On now BBC2
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by cockney hammer »

cockney farmer wrote:On now BBC2

best game of the day said dixon why was it on last then? lawro i would like to smack his teeth down his throat Image
Bedshammer

Post by Bedshammer »

All the other games featured clubs in danger of relegation.