BMT: West Ham Utd 0 Napoli 1 (08/08/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

shammy

Re: West Ham Utd v Napoli: match thread

Post by shammy »

Not bad, I figured about 10%.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

I'm sure there were more fans who travelled from abroad than the 150 in the terminal at that time. Surely most fans would make a weekend out of it and travel back this weekend?
shammy

Post by shammy »

Yeah, im sure. Bet they couldnt wait to get out of the Med for a weekend in overpriced, cold/wet London. Who wouldnt?
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Ok.. You're boring me now.
I just asked why you got so worked up on assumptions you were making that you had no statistics to back it up with. That possibly there could have been quite a few more fans than 10% of the total away fans from italy.

Did you know London is the most visited city in the world? But the bad weather probably puts off everyone from warm countries right?
(source: http://www.euromonitor.com/Top_150_City ... ds_the_Way" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Edit. cross referenced London's tourism numbers and some have it lower. Most top 5 in world though.
shammy

Post by shammy »

Im boring you?..I bet you are a right laugh. Amount of people who visit London in the summer= no relevance to my original point. Now get back to Eastenders/Emerdale/Coranation st.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

shammy wrote:Im boring you?..I bet you are a right laugh. Amount of people who visit London in the summer= no relevance to my original point. Now get back to Eastenders/Emerdale/Coranation st.
Would you have gone to Naples, if the game were played there?

They travelled in surprising numbers.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

shammy wrote:Im boring you?..I bet you are a right laugh. Amount of people who visit London in the summer= no relevance to my original point. Now get back to Eastenders/Emerdale/Coranation st.
But your original point - that you are so vehemently defending - remains completely unsubstantiated, no? That seems to be what your fellow members are questioning.

Hence it's unclear why you're having a pop at everyone who's questioned your statement ... perhaps you've been sitting in the glorious Bethnal Green rain too long today? :wink:
shammy

Post by shammy »

Probably not. But if Naples was London i would expect at least 10,000 West Ham supporters living in the area. So i would think at least 2500 would be there plus a few travellers who fancied some Med. sun for the weekend. Lets say 3500....Rememeber London is the largest multi-cultural city in Europe, maybe the world. In Comparison Naples is a tiny village. Try to wrap that concept around your minds.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 82 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Well,having a conductor indicates there would have been a coach....
shammy

Post by shammy »

My original post, Junction, was to point out that i didnt believe that 10% of tha Napoli support actually travelled from Italy. I stand by that and if anyone doesnt agree with me i mean no offence to their free point of view. Is that enough to avoid a yellow card?
lopsidedbunny

Post by lopsidedbunny »

Cambiasso wrote:Here are some highlights of the match:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCfrIFZnv5k
Had a little giggle at the title whoops never mind... West Ham-Napoli 0-1 Trofeo Bobby Moore 08/08/09 :wink:
Whufc06
Has liked: 122 likes
Total likes: 367 likes

Post by Whufc06 »

shammy wrote:My original post, Junction, was to point out that i didnt believe that 10% of tha Napoli support actually travelled from Italy. I stand by that and if anyone doesnt agree with me i mean no offence to their free point of view. Is that enough to avoid a yellow card?
Mate you are cracking me up. Why does it matter where they came from? Were you touched by a Napoli fan residing in London as a child?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

shammy wrote:My original post, Junction, was to point out that i didnt believe that 10% of tha Napoli support actually travelled from Italy. I stand by that and if anyone doesnt agree with me i mean no offence to their free point of view. Is that enough to avoid a yellow card?
We don't issue yellow cards any more mate :wink:

Alls I'm saying is that you seem to be defending a point which is indefensible (but you could equally be right, if that makes sense).
iron57

Post by iron57 »

There are some strange posts here about the Napoli fans. I thought they were excellent.They had a 90 minute sing song. I'd love to know what that whisling chant was all about. They filled their section & there were loads of others spread around if the West Lower was anything to go by. There was even a car with flags out of the sun roof driving around the ground before the game. Superb. These guys know how to drum up an atmosphere. As far as I'm concerned I hope we play them again some time. If this game was anything to go by I'd defo have an away day in Naples. :thup:
Sadly our lot trotted out the same boring crap about Lampard, Chelsea & Spurs. Seriously, does anyone truly believe that this stuff inspires our team?
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

shammy wrote:Because mate i live in London and every day i meet people who are not from London, they are Northerners/Scots/Welsh/Polish /Italian/Bengali/Australian. I dont care, but when West Ham play far afields i know that 90% have come from London/Essex. I know today that 10% at best came from Naples today. Same goes for all Northern clubs.
And I know for a fact that of the 50.000-60.000 people that visit the San Paolo Stadium in Naples for a home-game about 99% come from the city or surrounding areas.

What the F is your problem :lol:
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Up the Junction wrote:We don't issue yellow cards any more mate :wink:
Bring them back.

And while you're at it, the rolly eyes emoticon too!
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And the goal: