BMT: West Ham Utd 0 Napoli 1 (08/08/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Cookedskunk

Re: West Ham Utd v Napoli: match thread

Post by Cookedskunk »

joyful wrote:Mine is about to go in the recycling.

:shock:
Al

Post by Al »

I wonder what Jimmy made of it all, coming from Inter, a team who would have seen off Napoli with consumate ease.

And to a team that loses at home to them only them registering a few shots on goal in the process.

Probably hanging his head in embarrassment wondering how it all went so wrong.
VeniceHammer
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by VeniceHammer »

"jimmy" hardly played 500 mins last season with inter, so...
03H

Post by 03H »

Al wrote:I wonder what Jimmy made of it all, coming from Inter, a team who would have seen off Napoli with consumate ease.

And to a team that loses at home to them only them registering a few shots on goal in the process.

Inter beat Napoli 2-1 and Napoli beat Inter 1-0 last year...

But I know you're fishing. (which is getting pretty boring now tbh) :wink:
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Joyful , You have Pm
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Al wrote:I wonder what Jimmy made of it all, coming from Inter, a team who would have seen off Napoli with consumate ease.

Inter also lost 2-1 to Lazio yesterday in the italian supercup..

This season should be a lot more competitive in Serie A. Long term the calciopolli scandal probably helped open the league up. In a few years it'll be back to the strongest league IMO.
shammy

Post by shammy »

West Ham website said 1200 Napoli supporters made the journey from southern Italy!!!!.....Im sick of this "away support" bull****. Do you honestly believe a 1000 Napoli/Preston/Newcastle/Carlisle/Notts County/Islamabad Utd/Colombo FC/anywhere in the ****ing world F ****ing C!!!!!...Dont have a thousand supporters who live in the London area. Just f*** off with this ****.
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

Yeah they should carry out a survey before posting them statistics. Find out exactly where everybody travelled from. :|
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

YEAH!! It ****ing disgusts me too mate!!

Calm down FFS hats off to them.
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

Their synchronisation indicated that they knew each other intimately.....
MikeNewell'sOldBoys

shammy wrote:West Ham website said 1200 Napoli supporters made the journey from southern Italy!!!!.....Im sick of this "away support" bulls***. Do you honestly believe a 1000 Napoli/Preston/Newcastle/Carlisle/Notts County/Islamabad Utd/Colombo FC/anywhere in the f***ing world F f***ing C!!!!!...Dont have a thousand supporters who live in the London area. Just f*** off with this sh*t.
I'm pretty sure most of them were actually from Italy mate.
I don't really get what you're on about to be honest. Most away fans are season ticket holders who live near-ish the clubs they support.
shammy

Post by shammy »

Really????....Have you been to Naples recently? I have, those peasants can just about afford a palenta let alone a ticket to London for a friendly against a 2 bob premier outfit. Seriously how many Napoli supporters do you think live in the South East of England? Please think before you answer.
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

shammy wrote:Please think before you answer.
How very patronising.

Either way, why are you so passionate about this?
shammy

Post by shammy »

Because mate i live in London and every day i meet people who are not from London, they are Northerners/Scots/Welsh/Polish /Italian/Bengali/Australian. I dont care, but when West Ham play far afields i know that 90% have come from London/Essex. I know today that 10% at best came from Naples today. Same goes for all Northern clubs.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys

I said from Italy.. Please read my post carefully before answering.
You honestly think the majority of them were SE England based?
For a team who rarely gets to travel abroad for european games do you not think people may have saved up for this pre season game?
Cheap air fares from ryanair or easy jet probably would of got you there and back for £40 if you got in early enough. £15-20 for a ticket.
Surely they have some fans who can afford more than a block of palenta a week to feed the family?
shammy

Post by shammy »

Let me make this nice and simple for you. Yes i believe the majority of Naples fans today reside in the greater London area.
Olliek92
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Olliek92 »

shammy wrote:Because mate i live in London and every day i meet people who are not from London, they are Northerners/Scots/Welsh/Polish /Italian/Bengali/Australian. I dont care, but when West Ham play far afields i know that 90% have come from London/Essex. I know today that 10% at best came from Naples today. Same goes for all Northern clubs.

:lol: they were all perfectly synchronized so they obviously knew how to support their team. They obviously have experience going to games in the past. Do you have ANY statistics to back up what you've said or is it just a load of b*llocks? I suspect it's the latter
MikeNewell'sOldBoys

shammy wrote:Let me make this nice and simple for you. Yes i believe the majority of Naples fans today reside in the greater London area.
For starters it was yesterday..

Do you have any statistics to back up your claims that West Ham bring 90% fans local to the club but most other teams don't?
shammy

Post by shammy »

Yeah you are right. Sometimes at away games (doubt if you have been to one) we all sing "Bubbles" at the same time. Imagine my amazement when i find out that the guy next to me doesnt even live in Bethnal Green!!....Perhaps they ALL live in London. London does have a Napoli supporters club, perhaps none of them bothered today and just left it to their Southern European, easyjet loving cousins.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

shammy wrote:West Ham website said 1200 Napoli supporters made the journey from southern Italy!!!!.....Im sick of this "away support" bulls***. Do you honestly believe a 1000 Napoli/Preston/Newcastle/Carlisle/Notts County/Islamabad Utd/Colombo FC/anywhere in the f***ing world F f***ing C!!!!!...Dont have a thousand supporters who live in the London area. Just f*** off with this sh*t.
I came back through Stansted yesterday, from France.

There was a good 100-150 Italian football fans in or around the front of the terminus, simply as I walked through, dragging my drooling missus. A few were wearing WHU colours alongside what appeared to be a club sweatshirt (some kind of circular motif in bands).

They were all waiting for a flight back to Italy and more got off the bus from the station. I reckon they can be pretty proud of the numbers that travelled for little more than a meaningless friendly.