Wolves 0 West Ham Utd 2 (15/08/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 158 likes

Re: Wolves vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by chigwells finest »

when confirmed ''west ham hater; merson says we were good then we must of been ,he so tried to find negatives in our victory today

alky slag
BarkingHammer80

Post by BarkingHammer80 »

Just got in from the game think we played well today, Green pulled off some excellent saves and thought Stanislas looked good again when he came on. Also just seen warnCOCKS reaction to Sears dissallowed goal :D :D
mjjmongoose

Post by mjjmongoose »

That reminds me what did people make of Foley? I remember thinking last season it's a shame they got promoted as he would have been a great signing for RB, and would certainly cost less in wages than LN!

Faubert did look ok there though, I think he has the natural attributes to do well there but needs games and eperience in the tactical/positioning side, especially when bombing forward. I think he'll look a lot better when Behrami is back so he has some more cover, could be a cracking pairing down that side, and would let Noble move inside and do some more damage.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

upton girlie wrote:

I'll put some more up in a little while - go see if you are allowed to stay up a little later tonight west ham15 :lol:
Im 16 actually and im growing fast :D So hush your gums madam and im looking forward to seeing the picture's !
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

mjjmongoose wrote:That reminds me what did people make of Foley? I remember thinking last season it's a shame they got promoted as he would have been a great signing for RB, and would certainly cost less in wages than LN!

Faubert did look ok there though, I think he has the natural attributes to do well there but needs games and eperience in the tactical/positioning side, especially when bombing forward. I think he'll look a lot better when Behrami is back so he has some more cover, could be a cracking pairing down that side, and would let Noble move inside and do some more damage.
Wow, deja vu.
mjjmongoose

Post by mjjmongoose »

JonG86 wrote:I like how Faubert rushed over to speak French to Ilunga when he was hurt. He seems to be fitting in with the team really well at the moment. It's also good that he is starting to fit in at right back and I think he will look even better with Behrami in front of him.
Who was it that said a while ago that Faubert would be our starting right back this season?

Also, isn't it nice that we had two rare occasions in our first game of the season. A goal scored from outside the box and a goal scored from a corner!!!

Plenty of positives from this game, but we still look shakey in certain areas (I am looking at you ginger) and a little light weight in options (a striker would be a welcome addition).

Damn you for getting there first! What are the chances
BarkingHammer80

MOTD about to start only another hour and ten mins til we can see the goals again :D
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

BarkingHammer80 wrote:MOTD about to start only another hour and ten mins til we can see the goals again :D
ahhh Gary is back :D
Northants_Iron
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Northants_Iron »

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but I thought Stanislas looked bright when he came on and Jimenez may be a good loan signing for us imho of course!
BarkingHammer80

Northants_Iron wrote:Not sure if anyone else has mentioned it but I thought Stanislas looked bright when he came on and Jimenez may be a good loan signing for us imho of course!
I did think he could end up being the best out of the current crop out of the academy :thup:
mcinerney7

Post by mcinerney7 »

MOTD team do not like us do they, stoped the highlights after 69mins Upson goal, didnt even talk about us and the game only said wolves were missing doyle kightly etc, oh and they mentioned green made a decent save lol.
no mention of Nobles passes Fauberts crosses Coles hold up play or Nobles wondergoal
SenzaPaura

Post by SenzaPaura »

mcinerney7 wrote:MOTD team do not like us do they, stoped the highlights after 69mins Upson goal, didnt even talk about us and the game only said wolves were missing doyle kightly etc, oh and they mentioned green made a decent save lol.
no mention of Nobles passes Fauberts crosses Coles hold up play or Nobles wondergoal
Yeah I'm pretty sure we were the only team not to get some analysis but oh well, we won so I'm happy for once :thup:
East6

Post by East6 »

i hope cole didnt get injured from the highlights i saw it looked like he got a knock but i dont know if i saw correctly
IIIronss

Post by IIIronss »

Yeah he limped about for about 20 minutes but I expect him to be alright.
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

IIIronss wrote:Yeah he limped about for about 20 minutes but I expect him to be alright.
You do know this is West Ham?

Expect the worst!
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

East6 wrote:i hope cole didnt get injured from the highlights i saw it looked like he got a knock but i dont know if i saw correctly
Was pointed out that he was limping a bit in the second half. FS I hope he's not injured, he more than showed what he can do to defences even if he didn't score. Classiest player we have imo
Joe_B

Post by Joe_B »

Thanks for the download links BoB_On.

Top stuff! :thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

upton girlie wrote:
He (Gnome) will be getting home shortly - I have not long dropped him off at the station after our long journey back. However - the post match interviews are for the home games, not away ones.

Our post match chat involved twiglets, flies, hot dogs, jumping frogs and Albuquerque. Faubert and Nouble (the big fella) were mentioned too. HTH
So the ginger twiglet didn't defend as well as it could, being beaten by a through ball but luckily enough Green was up to it flies were all over the place but nothing direct came of it, hot dogs were the half time snack of choice (not for me being a veggie), the jumping frogs (bit harsh on Faubert that) played better today, Alburt Quirky didn't get on until Cole came off injured in the 92nd minute...And Faubert must have given the Tony Gale co pre match commentary team the pronunciation. They insisted on calling him Frank Nob-ley....

Sum it up about pretty much then U.G. ????????

:lol:

Oh and the weather here is great for mid winter..Tee shirt and shorts.... Ta muchly..

:lol:

p.s. a Local delicacy....

Which are in reality:

I kid you not...

:cry:
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Thought we were excellent. The one problem i had was probably that Faubert allowed the left winger a bit too much space and he wasnt being supported by the midfield. But i thought Faubert was excellent going forward, put some very good crosses in and played some nice passes.

I would say every player had a good game. But then i thought Wolves were abysmal. Missed sitters, couldnt put many passes together and looked absolutely shattered after an hour. They literally couldnt chase the ball down.

First game, 3 points....'ave it!