Wigan 1 West Ham Utd 0 (12/09/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Romford
Big X

Re: Wigan v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Romford »

Scaloni Is The Messiah wrote:
He was never even close to that, mate.
Well i always thought he was...and he always scored against us

Last thing i want to do is check anything statistically wise before i post like some.

He was always a goal threat...
mickfbrown

Post by mickfbrown »

Chuck D wrote:What worries me most is that people who went yesterday cant seem to agree if we played 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.
We defintely played a flat 4-4-2 for the first 60 mins then changed to a diamond 4-4-2 when diamanti and behrami came on.
Post Horn Gallop

Post by Post Horn Gallop »

I felt really sorry for Rob Green. Terrific save and not one of our defenders following up just ball watching. The same thing happened with England against Croatia, you'd think our lot would have learnt something from that.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

mickfbrown wrote:
We defintely played a flat 4-4-2 for the first 60 mins then changed to a diamond 4-4-2 when diamanti and behrami came on.
So now we have three different posters saying three different formations!

Do I believe a Doris, Mick, or a Geordie?

Romford, help me out (with the formation, not the poster I should believe).
joyful

Post by joyful »

Chuck D wrote:
What worries me most is that people who went yesterday cant seem to agree if we played 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.
well Chuck, I suppose if you want to know, you could have gone yourself? Or maybe watched it on a stream? Or on Football FIrst via the red button?

There was an empty seat near me too....
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Chuck I have NO clue what Villa did as regards to payments whether or not it was up front. Nothing was mentioned by anyone. I honestly don't know our payments on Diamante only what the papers reported what the team who sold him said. I am pretty sure the quote was something like "It's 5.5 million over 3 years."

Again I have no idea how much Fiorentina paid us, whether in installments or lump sumwho advances us money.

We also had Duckers telling us that thanks to Sbobet, no mention of how much, but one would imagine they didn't advance us 5.5 million, we signed him. If they did then how do we attribute the statements of the selling club for Diamante ????

So I am not privy to ANY disclosures from any information in any of this..AlI can read is what Duxbury and his counterpart in Italy said.

There were no comments from MO'N or Lerner or Duckers. IF I had to guess, Villa paid all and we deferred for Diamante. The money for Savio I imagine would be in installments although I am not ITK.

Money in 5 million for Collins
Money out for Diamante maybe 1 million, it would increase each year (imvho).
Savio ~ we got da Costa PLUS 50% of sell on perhaps not money changed hands yet.....

so yet again money in the bank....

As for my ex...I might still have her number......

:lol:
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

joyful wrote:
well Chuck, I suppose if you want to know, you could have gone yourself? Or maybe watched it on a stream? Or on Football FIrst via the red button?

There was an empty seat near me too....
Nah, Wigan is a ****hole, I think I've been there enough times to have my fill of that place.

I was actually playing football.

Even if I had gone, it wouldnt have stopped at least one of the posters being wrong about the formation.

you could always just tell us (me and the others who didnt go).
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Ouston

If most transfers are done in instalments, why should Villa throw us the full price up front?

Lets cast our minds back to our relegation. Our former leader thanked Chelsea for paying up front for Johnson. Actually went public, cos it was such an unusual event.

We even - this summer - tried to sell our future income stream on our players (Zamora, Paintsil, Ethers etc).

So a £6 million deal is three lots of two 90% plus of the time.

Which brings us back to the original point.

The money needed (today) to sign a "six million" player is actually around £2 million, and we spent our budget on a someone who scores free kicks and corners, but has no worthwhile record in the top division of any league. Despite being super, double, extra broke.

Why did we need an instalment from SBOBet? If what you said was true, and Lerner paid us up front?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Chuck

As I say I am not ITK so I have no clue as to who pays what when and how.

Lerner has dosh and Villa are not in the piss hole like us. I merely pass conjecture. We also didn't sell Collins until late and I would have thought that we didn't have the money for Diamante. SBOBet advanced us money as per Duckers. The Italian bloke said we paid 5.5 over 3 years. Who knows we COULD have paid 4 million up front and the balance on 2 years. I have no clue.

My guess... and it is only that..we had no intention of getting anyone in for cash once Chamkh turned us down. A loan was the only way we were going to go (or a freebie). The money went into the bank.

As for the Christmas debacle, Duckers can now tell us I was going to walk if I had to sell Parker. However, he got a stupid bid for Bellamy who no doubt a bit of moving to play for Spuds or Citeh was more exciting than playing for us, and so he sold someone who really wasn't in the managers plans (disruptive allegedly) and kept someone who we wanted to keep and Duckers can look good by saying that he threatened to walk.

Win win for all concerned and Bellamy is painted the dickhead which is a mantle that he could easily wear.

Believe it or not, I agree with your assessments on the project, Duxbury etc. more than you will know. I COULD post Chuck I agree after everything you post, but I think that would make me look like a brown noser...

:lol:
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Ouston

Good to see that your move has brought you to your senses.......
clarke

Post by clarke »

We played 4-4-2 yesterday. Stanislas on the left, and Noble woefully on the right with Parker, who got caught out doing the Parker figure of 8 turn about 5 times yesterday, and Kovac in the middle.

What pissed me off was that Carlton Cole seemed to get a knock in the first 2 mins, then bottled most challenges for the rest of the game.

Kovac swept up well but apart from picking up loose balls you wouldn't have known he was there, he just doesn't put himself about.

Zavon Hines was a positive, brilliant movement
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Chuck D wrote:Ouston

Good to see that your move has brought you to your senses.......
Well Chuck it could be that at 8300 feet, the lack of oxygen has starved my brain of the ability to reason properly...

:P
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

clarke wrote:We played 4-4-2 yesterday. Stanislas on the left, and Noble woefully on the right with Parker, who got caught out doing the Parker figure of 8 turn about 5 times yesterday, and Kovac in the middle.

What pissed me off was that Carlton Cole seemed to get a knock in the first 2 mins, then bottled most challenges for the rest of the game.

Kovac swept up well but apart from picking up loose balls you wouldn't have known he was there, he just doesn't put himself about.

Clarke

you wanna re write that last bit? You made him sound like a wonderful ****.
joyful

Post by joyful »

Chuck D wrote
you could always just tell us (me and the others who didnt go).
well Chuck, as a Doris, I don't really feel qualified to comment, but I think it started out as 4 4 2 with Noble looking very uncomfortable playing wide, Cole having an off day, Parker not having a good day and Kovac looking lacking in match sharpness, ability and anything else much which makes a footballer. I think my little baby Hines did well for his first start and Faubert continued his good run of form. Tomkins should have scored a header but made a top class intervention to prevent a goal
When Diamanti and Behrami came on, I think the formation changed to something else, but I couldn't quite work out what. I am not sure Behrami ever plays in "formation" as such, but rather enthusiastically chases a bouncy round thing, sometimes to great effect.

As a Doris, however, I can confidently say that Diamanti is cuter than the fluffiest kitten. :)
Geordie Hammer
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by Geordie Hammer »

clarke wrote:We played 4-4-2 yesterday. Stanislas on the left, and Noble woefully on the right with Parker, who got caught out doing the Parker figure of 8 turn about 5 times yesterday, and Kovac in the middle.

You mean left?? In the first half, playing towards us he spent most of his time out on the left wing. To be honest, I'm not sure the players quite knew what system we were playing, so no wonder none of us who went can agree on what we played (other than sh*te).

As for the formation when Diamanti, Behrami and Nouble, I think formation went out the window and became more a case of "CHARGE!!!!!"

Amusingly at one point in the first half I thought the bloke behind me (who had already had several pints by the sounds of it) was going to have some sort of coronary venting his spleen at the ref. Which only got worse when the c*nt decided he would blow his f*cking whistle as Colin scored. "Whiley you c*nt. You've been paid by that c*nt Whelan. You c*nt" :lol:

And whoever kept dropping their guts in the second half needs to go and see a doctor on monday morning. :evil:
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

joyful wrote:
well Chuck, as a Doris, I don't really feel qualified to comment, but I think it started out as 4 4 2 with Noble looking very uncomfortable playing wide, Cole having an off day, Parker not having a good day and Kovac looking lacking in match sharpness, ability and anything else much which makes a footballer. I think my little baby Hines did well for his first start and Faubert continued his good run of form. Tomkins should have scored a header but made a top class intervention to prevent a goal
When Diamanti and Behrami came on, I think the formation changed to something else, but I couldn't quite work out what. I am not sure Behrami ever plays in "formation" as such, but rather enthusiastically chases a bouncy round thing, sometimes to great effect.

As a Doris, however, I can confidently say that Diamanti is cuter than the fluffiest kitten. :)
I read that in the girly voice of Arabella Weir in the Fast Show. Just after the blokes arrive.....

Thanks..
Albie Beck
Has liked: 617 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Chuck D wrote:What worries me most is that people who went yesterday cant seem to agree if we played 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.
Chuck, sadly, if you asked some of the players they would be equally in the dark...
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 842 likes

Post by mushy »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:So let's say your house cost 250 K, then you paid 250 K for it and everyone assumes you've just done a bank job or won the lottery ??

No one takes into account the fact that you have a 25 year mortgage and are in debt up to your armpits ??

Bloody 'ell the things you learn on here......

No wonder my ex missus was never bothered about bank balances and overdraft and credit limits.....She never thought we needed to pay the money back...
Possibly the worst match report I have ever read.
upton girlie
Purveyor Of Half-Time Confectionery
Location: "Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol."
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by upton girlie »

joyful wrote:
...Kovac looking lacking in match sharpness, ability and anything else much which makes a footballer...
He is cute. That normally works - take Beckham for example. :D
joyful wrote:As a Doris, however, I can confidently say that Diamanti is cuter than the fluffiest kitten. :)
I need to see him in the flesh before my judgement is passed ...

Cracking match report joyful and glad you had fun with the old gits :wink:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

upton girlie wrote:
Cracking match report joyful and glad you had fun with the old gits :wink:
Is that the same Old Git whose a good few years younger than yourself ? :lol: