West Ham Utd 2 Arsenal 2 (25/10/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Big_Russ

Re: West Ham Utd v Arsenal: match thread

Post by Big_Russ »

Albie Beck wrote:As I just asked in the other thread, can we ask the ref to review his decisions?

Only for a straight red, not (asd in this case) for two yellows.

Be a straight one match ban.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Parker has already been suspended this year so won't that increase it?
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

if you've got a moment or two, have flick through this site...to see the fawning gloating gooners go from...

" I smell a third goal and we're top of the league...to f*** me wenger is ***** and this whole team will win nothing...".

in the space of about four pages :crest: :crest: :crest:

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=600
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

Matt of iron wrote:Parker has already been suspended this year so won't that increase it?
Not sure, I know it can when you have had more than one red.. but this is his first red card so I dont know!
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2701 likes

Post by sendô »

w4hammer wrote:if you've got a moment or two, have flick through this site...to see the fawning gloating gooners go from...

" I smell a third goal and we're top of the league...to f*** me wenger is s***e and this whole team will win nothing...".

in the space of about four pages

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=600
Christ that board is hillarious. They haven't a clue have they? :lol:
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

There seems to be quite a mixed reaction regarding Franco's performance but I thought it was a good home debut from him. He won the majority of his aerial battles and showed some really clever little flicks. I was under the impression that he was more of a battering ram but you could see he was very aware of those around him, had a nice first touch and linked up play well. I also liked the way he was vocally; there was one point where he was geeing the others up and went over to berate Noble which surprised me considering how new he is at the club. Having been at Villareal he is a player who is used to winning and playing in big matches. Hopefully this experience will aid some of the other players who can look a little lost at times and need guidance and encouragement on the pitch.

Confidence is a really big thing at the moment. At 2-0 down Tomkins was losing out to Van Persie in headers and when he did get to it first, he mis-judged meaning it didn't travel. 2-1 and he's dominant, big, booming head and it's hitting the half way line. Funny how football can change in a matter of minutes.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

Christ that board is hillarious. They haven't a clue have they? :lol:
its the same here though- at least we've got a few excuses- they are beyond parody :lol: :lol:

got a text from my gooner pal after the match ( just like the ones he sent after highbury/emirates etc ) they are all saved in my phone

" ****ing luky hammers.how can we not score/win against second rate teams like yours " etc etc trouble is, they dont realise their whole ethos..manager/team/fans is build on the myth that they are somehow a "different class" and that teams should just roll over...in may , as they stare into the abyss of ANOTHER year without a trophy, and ANOTHER year of " world class youngsters" who roll over the likes of blackburn in the league cup as the pinnacle of their season.....I will say, as I always do ..

COULDN"T HAPPEN TO A NICER BUNCH OF ***S!!!!
Caribiron
Has liked: 101 likes
Total likes: 51 likes

Post by Caribiron »

I nearly shat myslef when we were getting ready for the Diamanti substitution - at first I thought it was Nigel Quashi, f*** me I thought, I know things are bad, but surely not that bad!
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by JonG86 »

sendô wrote: Christ that board is hillarious. They haven't a clue have they? :lol:
It would be funnier if it wasn't almost exactly the same on this board as well...
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

Caribiron wrote:I nearly shat myslef when we were getting ready for the Diamanti substitution - at first I thought it was Nigel Quashi, f*** me I thought, I know things are bad, but surely not that bad!

I did the same... I was like Faubert looks funny? Its not Faubert ... Quashie?? No...

Then I saw the tats on his arms and worked it out.

:lol:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

JonG86 wrote:
It would be funnier if it wasn't almost exactly the same on this board as well...

This forum has never been close to anything like that.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 757 likes
Total likes: 3478 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

JonG86 wrote:It would be funnier if it wasn't almost exactly the same on this board as well...
I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this forum piss and moan like that about a draw against a team from the same division. But that's what happens when you support a team who believe they have a divine right to win trophies (see the post that calls it 'an unacceptable result'!) ... problem is, there are five or six of those in the Premier League now.

There was one salient point on there though from a poster called Psycho ... said something along the lines of if you don't allow them to get in advanced positions you won't give away any penalties.
cuzman

Post by cuzman »

I got busted for copyright infringement.

Currently uploading the penalty to another account.

http://www.youtube.com/mrcuzza" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure how long it will last before I get shot, stoned, or arrested.

Expect it to be there around midday.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

JonG86 wrote:It would be funnier if it wasn't almost exactly the same on this board as well...
Up the Junction wrote:I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this forum piss and moan like that about a draw against a team from the same division.
Did you not read the Fulham thread, man?! :lol:
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Up the Junction wrote: I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this forum piss and moan like that about a draw against a team from the same division. But that's what happens when you support a team who believe they have a divine right to win trophies (see the post that calls it 'an unacceptable result'!) ... problem is, there are five or six of those in the Premier League now.
That's why I said almost. I would say the only real difference is the expectations of the supporters (we hope for a decent cup run and maybe a place in Europe, they want to be aiming for the title).

The reaction in this thread went from "we're going down" to "this could be the turning point of the season". Much in the same way as theirs went from "We are gonna smash these boys" to "****ing Wenger we aren't going to win anything" (and they didn't even lose!!)
sendô

Post by sendô »

sendô wrote: Christ that board is hillarious. They haven't a clue have they? :lol:
I don't think we're that bad. We're concerned that we're 19th in the league and struggling against average teams, letting in silly goals and not scoring a lot.

They seem to think they've got a divine right to beat us on our own patch, most of them moaning "how can we not beat that ****" when if they'd actually watched the game they'd have realised we're a decent side in a position that is much lower than we should be.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

the pink palermo wrote: .

The negatives from yesterday, were Green who gifted the first goal, and other than the great save yesterday is having an ordinary season at best .
Agreed. He's not looked confident for the last few games and has gone from being our most consistent performer to a bit hit and miss.
Not having a go, just a bit concerned.

Wonder if it has anything to do with Ludo not being GK coach at the mo?
joyful

Post by joyful »

the pink palermo on Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 am

Some of you may recall I have been highly critical of Diamanti on this thread - and given how few posters selected him as a starter, I don't think I'm alone .

But credit where it's due - he made a significant contribution to securing a point yesterday .
Well done TPP. Nice to see a poster who can fess up. -Good job you put that penalty disclaimer in our bet. Enjoyed Martin Keown's comment on match of the day 2.
"Diamanti -- he's a real find." :)

Still, he'll probably be s**t up in the North East. :(
cuzman

Post by cuzman »

Nothing to see. No copyright infringement going on here.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bastards took down this video from my main Youtube account because I tagged it with certain football team's names.
sendô

Post by sendô »

cuzman wrote:Nothing to see. No copyright infringement going on here.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bastards took down this video from my main Youtube account because I tagged it with certain football team's names.
Same old arsenal.... always cheating.