West Ham Utd 2 Arsenal 2 (25/10/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Duff
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Arsenal: match thread

Post by Duff »

Never been less optimistic before a game, hopefully that means we'll win.
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

What do gimps see? reality?
Do you know the result then PM?

Because I was under the (mis?)conception that the game isnt till Sunday.

Writing us ooff before then may be for the Arsenal fans to do and maybe even for the neutral... as far as i'm concerned till the final whistle goes I will be supporting us.

Shame some of the rest of you are so quick to jump on the clubs back as soon as we get a bad run of results....

:crest:
kesh

Post by kesh »

Arsenal flying high, romping to victories, play a team in financial mess and DRAW!! Losing me 200 quid in the process. Headbanger

Let's hope it's a trend. Cos there's nothing else going for us.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2427 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Most gooners dont seem overly optimistic for this game, despite their good form and our apparant lack of any, recognising that we are always a hard team for them to beat, especially at our gaff.

Frankly, I always forget how much I hate these slags until we play them. Seems to be one of those fixtures I just erase from my memory after we lose to them, and just move on to my hatred of all other teams, until they crawl out of the woodwork again.

f*** me the bastards are everywhere, ****ing themselves stupid over Wenger and his amazing managerial skillz.

Come on the cockney boys. :crest:
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Big_Russ wrote: Shame some of the rest of you are so quick to jump on the clubs back as soon as we get a bad run of results....
:
In fairness Russ we haven't exactly done blindingly since (opening door for Chuck) we sold Bellamy.
We were poor without Cole at the end of last season.
We struggled preseason.
We look clueless .
When are we allowed to point out that things aren't great?

I honestly hope that we do win on Sunday - I'll be watching it in a pub which has (unfortunately) a large Gooner following, but the reality is that we are unlikely to win.
In your heart you know it too...
:think:
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

You're missing my point i'm afraid my crustacean loving friend...

I will elucidate!

It's not the fact that we are **** that pisses me off it's the fact we write ourselves off instead of getting behind the team....

H~ow can we class ourselves as supporters if we fail to support?
roblo
Has liked: 152 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by roblo »

Big_Russ wrote:H~ow can we class ourselves as supporters if we fail to support?
I support the team home & away, but it doesn't stop me from thinking we're gonna get stuffed by a considerably better opposition.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Big_Russ wrote:You're missing my point i'm afraid my crustacean loving friend...

I will elucidate!

It's not the fact that we are sh*t that pisses me off it's the fact we write ourselves off instead of getting behind the team....

Someone piss in your soup today big fella? - just seen the dressing down you gave Scoobydo in his management thread.
:lol:
Thought you teachers were looking forward to half term?

Think you are missing my point.

I will elucidate in turn.

I do support my team - I will be supporting my team (okay via a screen in a pub) and willing to take all the flak I will get for it...
But at the same time the evidence - empirically - would suggest an absolute canning and writing 2-0 West Ham on the internet ain't going to change that.
We need our players to rise to the occasion, our management to rise to the occasion and the supporters in the ground to rise to the occasion.
Until 4pm on Saturday in the ground this is all speculative fluff.
From that moment I'll support my little heart out, but until then I live in a world where we're second from bottom, made up of kids and loanees and under performing players, owned by a broke bank, and managed by a guy who can't see his system isn't working!
Blitz humour keeps me going until those 'magical' 90 minutes.
Last edited by PrawnSandwich on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

PrawnSandwich wrote:I honestly hope that we do win on Sunday - I'll be watching it in a pub which has (unfortunately) a large Gooner following, but the reality is that we are unlikely to win.
In your heart you know it too...
Same here

Well the pub I usually watch the footie in has a bar maid who's a feisty gooner. When we had our run of beating them regularly, she was getting a bit hot under the collar about it all. Whilst I didn't rub it in her face, I made a few quiet comments about Arsenal that obviously wound her up even more. Although she must be in her 40's, she's quite fit, a real nice lass, and oddly enough seems to have taken a shine to me since those beatings (not that I'm interested).

Last time we played them on the box, we lost, and had her rubbing my nose in it. One of those moments where you just have to leave the pub before you do or say something stupid. So she'll be giving it all that on sunday

I might have to take my increasingly desperate mate along and get him to flirt outrageously with her, to either scare her off, or shag her senseless, depending how she takes the cut of his jib. Either way, if it stops her banging on about the gooners to me, it has to be a goer!
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

Got to teach "science brush ups for adults" throughout half term.

Thus the bad mood!

PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Hambrosia Stu wrote: Well the pub I usually watch the footie in has a bar maid who's a feisty gooner. When we had our run of beating them regularly, she was getting a bit hot under the collar about it all. Whilst I didn't rub it in her face, I made a few quiet comments about Arsenal that obviously wound her up even more. Although she must be in her 40's, she's quite fit, a real nice lass, and oddly enough seems to have taken a shine to me since those beatings (not that I'm interested).

Last time we played them on the box, we lost, and had her rubbing my nose in it. One of those moments where you just have to leave the pub before you do or say something stupid. So she'll be giving it all that on sunday

I might have to take my increasingly desperate mate along and get him to flirt outrageously with her, to either scare her off, or shag her senseless, depending how she takes the cut of his jib. Either way, if it stops her banging on about the gooners to me, it has to be a goer!

I hear that.
Same when we beat Manure three times on the trot.
Some of the locals are plastic Mancs - was respectful didn't say anything to wind them up and then when the twatted us on the fourth go they were giving it all that about how we were **** - briefly silenced by Ashton mugging Rio but other than that a classless display by 'fans' of a team who cost at least three times ours!
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Big_Russ wrote: Got to teach "science brush ups for adults" throughout half term.

Thus the bad mood!

:thup:
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

90 minutes of end to end flowing football with Collison MOTM. Parker gets another booking for one too many crunching tackles on some arsescum fancy boy dallying on the ball. Green plays a blinder as does Upson against his old team. Cole will pull the arsescum defence all over the place and scare the **** out of them by rattling the crossbar in the first 5 minutes.Stansilas will look comfortable on the ball at all times and, for once, link up well with Ilunga. The West Ham crowd will get behind the team from the start and encourage us to our best performance of the season.

Can't see us winning though. :rolling eyes:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Big_Russ wrote:
Do you know the result then PM?

Because I was under the (mis?)conception that the game isnt till Sunday.

Writing us ooff before then may be for the Arsenal fans to do and maybe even for the neutral... as far as i'm concerned till the final whistle goes I will be supporting us.

Shame some of the rest of you are so quick to jump on the clubs back as soon as we get a bad run of results....

:crest:
Erm - where have I written anything in this thread directly criticising the players? I haven't even predicted the result.
However, whether this marks me out as a gimp or not (I'll take the risk), we are going to have to put on a very good performance across the park, if we are to get anything out of the game.

I'll be there 'supporting', don't worry about that.
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

Big_Russ wrote:You're missing my point i'm afraid my crustacean loving friend...

I will elucidate!

It's not the fact that we are sh*t that pisses me off it's the fact we write ourselves off instead of getting behind the team....

Ah, but that's the thing innit? Some of us are fans, whereas others of us are supporters. And then, of course, there are enthusiasts, afficionados and well-wishers...
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

iloveyoudailly wrote: Ah, but that's the thing innit? Some of us are fans, whereas others of us are supporters. And then, of course, there are enthusiasts, afficionados and well-wishers...
casual observers,sadists, masochists, self loathers, drag queens...
Big_Russ

Post by Big_Russ »

Isn't fan short for fanatical though... as in fanatical about the club.

f*** all fanatical about you whinging bitches!
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

PrawnSandwich wrote:
casual observers,sadists, masochists, self loathers, drag queens...
Indeed... then you've got yer swearaholics, ranters, knee jerk reactionists and best of all- true supporters.
iloveyoudailly

Post by iloveyoudailly »

Big_Russ wrote:Isn't fan short for fanatical though... as in fanatical about the club.

f*** all fanatical about you whinging bitches!
You could be onto something there, but it's like me saying I love my sister, doesn't mean I have to like her.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

As much as I would love to say otherwise, I just cannot see any other result other than an Arsenal win. Think we might score a goal though