West Ham Utd 2 Arsenal 2 (25/10/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Arsenal: match thread

Post by ageing hammer »

Cole was fantastic, Diamanti great as well. I am just so happy to have Behrami back in the side, ( and Collison) for me Behrami makes a huge difference to our team he covers every blade of grass for us. We look a different side with him in it. I hope we can keep hold of him. :think:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

sendô wrote: A hard fought draw against a good team will always feel better than an undeserved defeat against an average team.
No ****, Sherlock.

Shame we can't get a 'hard fought draw' against the lower teams around us though.

Even a draw against Stoke would be 'better than a defeat against an average team' FFS.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

sendô wrote: A hard fought draw against a good team will always feel better than an undeserved defeat against an average team.
Dyer's Leg wrote: No sh*t, Sherlock.

Shame we can't get a 'hard fought draw' against the lower teams around us though.

Even a draw against Stoke would be 'better than a defeat against an average team' FFS.
:lol: Now I read that back it does seem a bit silly.

What I meant was people will always feel negative after an adverse result, and positive after a fortuitous one, even if the performances in both were much the same.

Honest.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Franco impressed me. Won balls in the air and brought other players into the game nicely. My only worry is that he is only going to score from 6 yards out and we just dont create those chances for our strikers.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

sendô wrote:Honest.
:lol: :thup:
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

Canadianhammer wrote:I'm not overly concerned about Green....everyone goes through a rough patch once in awhile. His form will return. In fairnes...the defense didn't help and got in his way for the goal where he parried....it wasn't entirely his fault.
Great result .... well done hammers.... I truly hope that this result and more importantly the performance, will be what is needed to turn the corner on this abysmal start to the season. The lads looked great in the second half I thought...Lots of things to feel positive about. Too bad Scotty got sent off but you know what.....he sure is showing team spirit and giving the opposition the right message (that is F@#k off)!!
:crest:
Not in my opinion.
Rob Green is a very good keeper (not excellent) but the concern here is that his form tends to be inconsistent and the fact that he is clearly not comfortable with anything in the air is evident pretty much every week.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

Claret & Blue World wrote:Not in my opinion.
Rob Green is a very good keeper (not excellent) but the concern here is that his form tends to be inconsistent and the fact that he is clearly not comfortable with anything in the air is evident pretty much every week.
Where did you get that his form is inconsistent? He has been consistently good for the last two years or so. The second half of 06/07 he was immense. He was solid all through 07/08, improving all the time. He was great for us last season. It's only the last couple of months that he hasn't been at his best, which I suspect is more down to him feeling the pressure of being the England keeper and the added scrutiny that it brings.
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Can't see if this has been put anywhere else so I thought I'd chuck it here as a nice postscript

http://www.whufc.com/page/News/0,,12562~1837107,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A bit of O/S fluff but thought this was very cool of the big fella

At well after 8pm on Sunday, Carlton Cole cut a lone figure in the West Ham United players' car park signing autograph after autograph for a group of delighted fans.

His team-mates and manager had all departed but Cole was unconcerned about being the last one left.

:thup:
Good man.
Essex

Post by Essex »

CFC is a different man to the player that he was under curbs, what an absolute hero, never gave up on it. Pleased with Diamante's effort as well, gives the team a bit of fight that we have'nt for my money had since Bowyer, and not affraid to shoot, from well, anywhere.