West Ham Utd 1 Everton 2 (08/11/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Everton: match thread

Post by Arch Dandy »

bristolhammerfc wrote:I agree PP, I wonder how many posters have played the game at any level above a general kickabout with mates, and understand the game from a playing point of view.

I was lucky to be able to play at a non league but decent level, and if you know how a player plays, you can adjust your game. An example is when you know someone is a niggly git, and you kick him early on and then have little digs etc then wait for him to clatter you and get a booking.

I think there will be players that push him into playing off his right foot which he seems incapable of doing. :think:
This is probably why all one footed players fail to make it in professional football...
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

bristolhammerfc wrote:
I think there will be players that push him into playing off his right foot which he seems incapable of doing. :think:
To be fair bristol, he put in at least two decent crosses with his right yesterday.Surprised me too :lol:
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

You say that Bristol but at one point he was forced to the byline on his right and he put in a cross to the far post. It was a decent enough cross too IIRC.
He also did the same in a previous game, think he just isn't confident enough on his right.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

davids cross wrote:In the nicest possible way may Benfica kick the s***e out of Everton tonight, especially Saha as he will score against us.
8-) :lol:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Lets just be glad that we don't have to watch a team like Everton each week...they do it to us EVERY season Headbanger
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

bristolhammerfc wrote:I wonder how long it will be before players twig that all you need to do with Diamante is show him onto his right foot???

Thought Parker was top drawer again.
He did cross one with his right yesterday.. :lol:
beckton

Post by beckton »

Romford wrote:Lets just be glad that we don't have to watch a team like Everton each week...they do it to us EVERY season Headbanger

Said exactly that to the bloke stood next to me yesterday, a horrible team to watch and always seem to beat us.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

I tell it to every Everton fan i meet...they have never tried to play football, ever.

Peoples club my @rse :thdn:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

Re Diamanti getting found out by defenders pushing him onto his right, that one where Hines sprinted through in the first half and then inexplicably got caught up, was purely because he checked his run, so that he could cut inside and shoot with his right. If he'd have taken a touch and pushed the ball ahead of him, kept running straight and then shot left footed he'd had a clear attempt on goal and a good chance of scoring.

It applies to most players, and while everyone is stronger with one foot than the other, it annoys the f*** out of me when players cant even kick with the weaker foot.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Romford wrote:I tell it to every Everton fan i meet...they have never tried to play football, ever.

Peoples club my @rse :thdn:

Even when they were good in the 80's they were not pleasant on the eye, Neville Southall used to win them games.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Puff Daddy wrote:Their opening goal was a bit of a gimme, allowing Saha time and space inside our penalty area to get his shot away
So we gave Saha time AND space inside our area?

Blimey.

Arch Dandy wrote:This is probably why all one footed players fail to make it in professional football...
:lol: :lol:
vind

Post by vind »

I thought we played well yesterday and should have got something out of the game.

Hines is an impact player , to put him at the head of the strike force is unfair, however he will improve and he needs to be given time not put under pressure to score all the time

However, it doesn't mean much since we're back in the bottom 3.
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

beckton wrote:Even when they were good in the 80's they were not pleasant on the eye, Neville Southall used to win them games.
Are you saying the bin man's not up to scratch in the looks department?
beckton

Post by beckton »

QuintonNimoy wrote: Are you saying the bin man's not up to scratch in the looks department?

I'm sure his Mum loved him.
Zatopek

Post by Zatopek »

I was bang in line with Franco and I would have sworn that he WAS off-side.

Shows how hard it is for the lino sonmetimes - can't really blame the man.
beckton

Post by beckton »

Zatopek wrote:I was bang in line with Franco and I would have sworn that he WAS off-side.

Shows how hard it is for the lino sonmetimes - can't really blame the man.

I only ever did the job a couple of times when I was sub for my old Sunday morning side and we didn't have enough officials, made me realise calling offsides wasn't easy.

It is probably impossible to get everyone right, I haven't seen a replay of yesterdays one but we could of done with the luck going our way.
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 242 likes
Total likes: 477 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

bristolhammerfc wrote:I agree PP, I wonder how many posters have played the game at any level above a general kickabout with mates, and understand the game from a playing point of view.
I don't think you have to have played the game at any level to understand that clattering a soft player in the first few mins will usually quieten him down.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

Arch Dandy wrote:This is probably why all one footed players fail to make it in professional football...
That Maradona bloke was rubbish wasn't he.

Also rubbish were/are Cruyff, Michael Owen, Liam Brady, Matt LeTissier, Sir Trev, Beckham, Giggs, Platini, Rivelino, Hagi, Stoichov.....

I'm sure you will be able to find many examples of them using their weaker foot but all were predominantly one-footed.

Bristol - a player like Diamanti is used to players trying to show him to his right and he wouldn't be where he is now if he couldn't handle it (and yes I have played a decent level of footbal)
rare as rockinghorse shat

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

hammerdivone wrote:Matt LeTissier

I'm sure you will be able to find many examples of them using their weaker foot but all were predominantly one-footed.
Say what now?!! :lol: :lol:
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Messi is all left foot as well btw (just thought I would chip in)