West Ham Utd 1 Everton 2 (08/11/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 247 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Everton: match thread

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

JonG86 wrote:Messi is all left foot as well btw (just thought I would chip in)
As am I - .................but I have not played football to a decent level, and I am female so therefore know fack all about football :thup:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

hammerdivone wrote:Sir Trev,
I'm sure you will be able to find many examples of them using their weaker foot but all were predominantly one-footed.
HD1, Sir Trev was equally good with both feet imo. So much so that many people wondered which was his best foot. He used his left peg almost as much as his right............do you not agree ?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:As am I - .................but I have not played football to a decent level, and I am female so therefore know fack all about football :thup:
Well, at least you're honest about it :lol:
Arch Dandy
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

hammerdivone wrote:That Maradona bloke was rubbish wasn't he.

Also rubbish were/are Cruyff, Michael Owen, Liam Brady, Matt LeTissier, Sir Trev, Beckham, Giggs, Platini, Rivelino, Hagi, Stoichov.....

I'm sure you will be able to find many examples of them using their weaker foot but all were predominantly one-footed.

Bristol - a player like Diamanti is used to players trying to show him to his right and he wouldn't be where he is now if he couldn't handle it (and yes I have played a decent level of footbal)
Maybe I'm too subtle..
beckton

Post by beckton »

Arch Dandy wrote:
Maybe I'm too subtle..

I got it but started doubting myself as you had hooked so many. :lol:

Nah, HD1 is just a verbose fucknut :lol:
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Yeah Ok didn't come accross right, fair do's. :lol: :lol:
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Yeah Ok didn't come accross right, fair do's. :lol: :lol:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 764 likes
Total likes: 3494 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

An enjoyable and unbiased view of the game here:

http://europeanfootballweekends.blogspo ... -iron.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1636 likes

Post by chalks »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:
As am I - .................but I have not played football to a decent level, and I am female so therefore know fack all about football :thup:

amen to that.

and dont twat me one the next time i see you in the pub :lol:

Up the Junction wrote:An enjoyable and unbiased view of the game here:

http://europeanfootballweekends.blogspo ... -iron.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It says nothing about the game. :?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: It says nothing about the game. :?
Exactly - An enjoyable and unbiased view of the game!! :lol:
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

This is my take for what it's worth:

Before the game I felt we were going to struggle with no height up front - and I was proved right. Everton had some big crunchers who muscled our guys out a bit.

I thought there was a lot to be positive about: De Costa and Diamanti looked really good.At times we knocked it around superbly. Parker shone with his effort and bravery. This team is still a work in progress and with Carlton on the pitch to hold the ball up yesterday and provide some aerial attack we could easily have picked up the points.

I see a lot to look forward to and was not overly worried about losing. Keep the faith in The Fonz because I think we will have a really strong second half of the season. I was really surprised to see Tomkins not on the pitch.

Really loved the Vera Lynn at half-time. I came straight from the Cenotaph and would recommend it to anyone. It just gets better and better every year. Shame about Dean Ashton, we will never know how good he would have been now. I wish him all the best for the future.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Nah, HD1 is just a verbose fucknut :lol:
Better than being Dale Winton's sex toy cuntox! :wink:

Arch - that'll teach me to dip into a thread quickly from work :oops:
Tommy B

Post by Tommy B »

Lets just be glad that we don't have to watch a team like Everton each week...they do it to us EVERY season Headbanger
I agree football like that is terrible to watch at times. But they walked away with a steadying 3 points. Teams like ours Evertons, Villas etc have to know how and when to win ugly. And I hate to say it we cant do it and we need to be able to, so we can ground out results. That game would have been perfect to take a nil nil (as a minimum) from, Good result mid week and two struggling sides comming up I thought we tried to over play it too often imho.
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

speculator wrote:This is my take for what it's worth:

Before the game I felt we were going to struggle with no height up front - and I was proved right. Everton had some big crunchers who muscled our guys out a bit.

I thought there was a lot to be positive about: De Costa and Diamanti looked really good.At times we knocked it around superbly. Parker shone with his effort and bravery. This team is still a work in progress and with Carlton on the pitch to hold the ball up yesterday and provide some aerial attack we could easily have picked up the points.

I see a lot to look forward to and was not overly worried about losing. Keep the faith in The Fonz because I think we will have a really strong second half of the season. I was really surprised to see Tomkins not on the pitch.

Really loved the Vera Lynn at half-time. I came straight from the Cenotaph and would recommend it to anyone. It just gets better and better every year. Shame about Dean Ashton, we will never know how good he would have been now. I wish him all the best for the future.
I was there 0830 to pay my respects before being dragged around Petticoat Lane (thats the problem taking your missus to her one game of the year !). Our hotel was in St James and walking down towards Whitehall I have never seen so many police in my life , also mobile metal detectors all over the place.

Enjoyed watching Da Costa, Parker, Upson and Hines (with more composure he would have had two, but he will improve) Franco has great first touch , control , Behrami is still getting match fit and I thought Spector had a decent game.

I feel we forgot Cole was not about with too many hopeful long balls that we were never going to win.

Can someone tell Diamanti that he does not have to cut inside and shoot all the time !

Enjoyed meeting TC , a legend from my era , now he would have had a bag full on Sunday.

hammerdivone wrote:Better than being Dale Winton's sex toy cuntox! :wink:
At least I don't think that Trevor Brooking and Matthew Le Tissier were 1 footed :lol: :lol:
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1328 likes

Post by davids cross »

Whilst thinking about HD1s perplexing statement...... :lol: I suddenly recalled that Trevor took all our corners from both sides. From the left he would whip them in with his right foot and from the right he would curl them in with his left foot. I can't think of anybody who does that today ? or anyone from the past, maybe Glenn Hoddle possibly ?
Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus
Has liked: 247 likes
Total likes: 195 likes

Post by Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus »

Alf Garnett's (Ex) Missus wrote:
chalks wrote:amen to that.

and dont twat me one the next time i see you in the pub :lol:
It's ok Chalks - I stand near the bar so you'll be safe :wink: