Bolton 3 West Ham Utd 1 (15/12/09)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Trifecta
Tip top tipster

Re: Bolton v West Ham match thread

Post by Trifecta »

the pink palermo wrote:On the plus side, Geoff thought the burgers were good .So good he had two .Lard arse .

I have several customers who are "fans" of West Ham United and they will be pleased that I am able to pass on a vicarious positive TPP :D

On a serious note I feel that you (and the others) deserve a huge thumbs up for schlepping up there on a Tuesday night just before Christmas, if only the players showed half the committent of their supporters we would be doing very nicely, and how about us for three points against the Russians at the weekend ? This is West Ham and whilst the last four results were all completely predictable we are owed a crazy one. Clean sheet and a two nil :raver:
ironside8586

Re: A letter to Mr Zola and Clarke

Post by ironside8586 »

mr morgan you might have to send your letter seperatley, as rumours on other boards are suggesting that clarke is distancing himself from zola, the cracks are stating to appear im affraid to say :cry:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2705 likes

Post by sendô »

W
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

west ham morgan wrote:bumlick.
I was a bit depressed this morning but reading the word bumlick has cheered me right up.
[HH]
In the closet
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by [HH] »

Constructive and articulate. :|
Iron George
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Iron George »

Yep - a spot on post

If we had any money he would have ben outed weeks ago.

:crest:
Favhammer

Post by Favhammer »

Like I said in my first post,I've supported West Ham since the early 70s.so the one thing you get very quickly is a sense of humour.
But it's nice to know someone cares :wink:[/quote]

Are you speaking through Dereck Accora
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I purposely refrained from logging on last night or following events up at the Reebok as I knew we would lose. The first I heard of the result was in this mornings newspapers. I feel numb this morning, as though I was past caring whether we stay up or go down, indeed really, what does it matter in the overall scheme of things whether we go down on 14 points or 40 ? I can just let it all wash over me. Instead of getting all steamed up about us, I opened up the scotch bottle instead and I must say it is a remarkable remedy for Westhamitis. Try it for yourselves sometime soon. As regards Robert Green, perhaps those of you who riduculed my posts last summer that we should look to replacing him, or at least get reasonable cover, will now reconsider, but hey ho, he can make as many ricks as he likes, he will still be in the team every week, as he has no competition for his place. Disgraceful
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

west ham morgan wrote:Mullins is sitting on the pompey bench but is 10x the player of Kovac, who is a paper swan, does nothing, doesn’t seem to care and I have no idea how he is worth 3 million or even paid to play football.
I stopped reading here.

Mullins not being able to get into Pompey's side says it all.

You mention Kovac seems like he doesn't care, which I don't agree with, yet you bring up an absolute slag like Mullins, who in the 06/07 season, after playing useless in every game and the team being in dire staits, always used to jolly it up in the players bar/longue after every game, while the rest of the team (with the odd exclusion) seemed down.

This Kovac bandwagon really is a joke.
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1034 likes
Total likes: 394 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Tel The Hammer wrote:This Kovac bandwagon really is a joke.
I'm certainly not one for bandwagons and not really one to slag off my own team's players, but I'll make an exception for Kovac. He's f***ing awful.

That said, he's back-up. We wont get any better than that in our situation.
old fart
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

Tel The Hammer wrote:This Kovac bandwagon really is a joke.
is one of the very few sensible comments I've read on here just recently
Fionn

Post by Fionn »

Tel The Hammer wrote: I stopped reading here.

Mullins not being able to get into Pompey's side says it all.

You mention Kovac seems like he doesn't care, which I don't agree with, yet you bring up an absolute slag like Mullins, who in the 06/07 season, after playing useless in every game and the team being in dire staits, always used to jolly it up in the players bar/longue after every game, while the rest of the team (with the odd exclusion) seemed down.

This Kovac bandwagon really is a joke.

Ahem... *cough* 'Mark Noble', *cough*....
beckton

Post by beckton »

Fionn Kiely wrote:

Ahem... *cough* 'Mark Noble', *cough*....

Ironic, innit. :lol:
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

Fionn Kiely wrote:Ahem... *cough* 'Mark Noble', *cough*....
:lol:

Just can't let it go, can you old chap?!

The difference between Kovac and Noble is that, we rely on Noble for creativity, which he doesn't provide very well at all. Or at least he hasn't whle Zola has been coaching him, which is something that has got me wondering.

Kovac is a screen for the back four and has enabled Parker to get involved much more in our build up play, as Parker now knows he can bomb forward (like he did very well again last night), without leaving our fragile back four completely exposed.

Without Kovac in the side, we would've looked even worse lately, simply as Parker would've been nowhere near as involved.

By the way, were you happy with how Noble played at Birmingham, Fionn?
brewster
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by brewster »

When Dyer got taken off after just 20 minutes, Zola looked to the heavens as if to say "why me?" Well now he knows what it feels like to have supported this shambles of a club over the last 2 or 3 years becuase I've asked myself that very same question hundreds of times.
Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Post by Tel The Hammer »

brewster wrote:When Dyer got taken off after just 20 minutes, Zola looked to the heavens as if to say "why me?"
As did the rest of the side for the final 15 minutes of the game after Green's cock up, which makes you wonder where they get it from, doesn't it? Zola should realise that standing there sulking with a face like a smacked arse isn't very motivating.

We only really went for it after we'd gone 1-0 down, which smacks of a real lack of motivation in our ranks.
Benny the Ball
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Benny the Ball »

w4hammer wrote:
i think GFZ was doing that to highlight the fact that he's run out of players and ideas....nothing better to make headlines and put pressure on tthe upstairs "team"
It seems unbelievable, but is this a good opportunity to start a conspiracy theory? There are a number of issues going on at present that might point to it. The apathetic appearance of the players generally as well as GZ/SC. The mass celebrations, RG punching the air have all but disappeared. Constant mass player sale rumours (again). Did anyone notice Gale and Cottee in the stand last night, miles from anyone. They did not seem to be there in any official capacity. Why would they travel 200 miles on a cold Tuesday night?

If you were part of the playing staff at the moment, what would you be looking at re Straumer? You would want them out and replaced by someone interested in football.
How do you force their hand? Threaten them with a big bill for new players (which they cannot fund) or relegation. Straumers asset value would collapse over night.

I cant quite believe the suggestion, but if I were a committed player is the no.1 aim to get to mid table and keep Straumer happy or is it to see someone else take over?

Food for thought....there is clearly a lot going on in the back ground which the players will know a lot more about than we do.

BtB
thamesmeadhammer
Location: Walking in God's Grace, Sunny North Thamesmead, BML Row G 151

Post by thamesmeadhammer »

West Ham at Bolton..........................ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha............. :lol:

Never in a million years........Bolton are *****, the fans hate the manager but at least they battle for their results and rarely roll over for teams.

They'll always be better then us with that attitude.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 800 likes
Total likes: 3013 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Benny the Ball wrote: If you were part of the playing staff at the moment, what would you be looking at re Straumer? You would want them out and replaced by someone interested in football.
How do you force their hand? Threaten them with a big bill for new players (which they cannot fund) or relegation. Straumers asset value would collapse over night.

I cant quite believe the suggestion, but if I were a committed player is the no.1 aim to get to mid table and keep Straumer happy or is it to see someone else take over?

BtB
An interesting theory , but I hope one without substance .And you won't find a bigger Straumur hater on this board than me . :lol:

Zola's job is to keep the players focussed , and busting a gut for WHU .

Otherwise you drift into anarchy .

David O'leary tried this at Villa with Doug Ellis , and hasn't worked since .
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 308 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Went across for this last night (hats off to all of you that made the trip up from London :thup: )

No earth shattering revelations from me, simply we are in a huge mess and in big trouble. The squad is a mess, a bad combination of young players we are expecting too much of and senior pros that are not capable of taking any responsibility. The defence is a shambles and Green looks a shadow of himself playing behind them, the midfield lacks any creative spark and (parker aside) is not up to the job being asked of it. Up front Franco has quality but looks like he is trying to pace himself now he has to go deeper into games with Cole not there, Diamanti gets it wrong more often than he gets it right and only sees the hollywood pass.

I have not been his biggest fan but to me Parker was the only one that showed any drive at all, we have far too many players that you wouldn't want in the trenches with you. We look like newcastle last year, a mixture of the not good enough, the not bothered and the 'I'm an international get me out of here'.