West Ham Utd 3 Hull City 0 (20/02/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Tel The Hammer
Chesney Hawkes

Re: West Ham Utd v Hull City: match thread

Post by Tel The Hammer »

hawkins_hammer wrote:Cole's workrate hasn't dipped. My concern is that he limps in everygame he plays.
That's just the way people like him walk...
irving boleyn
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 83 likes

Post by irving boleyn »

What.. Tall people? Strikers? Ex Chelsea Players?
BoB_On
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by BoB_On »

Full match from Wigan on MaXxed Football forums

http://www.fbtz.com/forum/forumdisplay. ... esc&page=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EPL: West Ham vs. Hull City, 2-20-2010, courtesy of Canal+ Sport. Links below:

1st Half:

http://www.midupload.com/st54c5fzzxbq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2nd Half:

http://www.midupload.com/nwe6ckureugd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For those of you who may have issues downloading from Midupload, try using the Mozilla Firefox Plug-In Downthemall:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or, try using JDownloader:

http://www.brothersoft.com/jdownload...ad-171166.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy Everyone!!!

Wigan
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Just had a look at the chalkboards and got a bit of a shock .

Only Parker passed the ball for us more than Spector .

Diamanti held his position fairly well - a good disciplined perfromance .( Big slice of Humble pie being eaten by yours truly )

Faubert was playing 20 yards further forward than he was earlier this season .

Kovac was top tackler , and is gett.ing better by the week ( 2nd portion of humble pie)

I think by hook or by crook GFZ has hit upon his best starting 11 and shape .

Hopefully they all stay fit and he can stick with it . :thup:
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

I think you are right TPP, very good performances all round the pitch, our least best player I thought was Tomkins but that's probably because everyone else was well up for it, damn I wish Diamanti's half way effort had gone in....he's clearly got what it takes, I hope he scores a screamer against Manure...and Foxbat, well what a game he had, good to see him get on the scoresheet finally, improves week by week....shame the likes of Collison, Noble, etc could be kept out of the side now, but hey..onwards and upwards.

:crest:
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

I can't believe there are people saying they didn't think Franco had a good game. He was class. Some of his close control and link up play was an absolute delight. He was half the reason why Diamanti saw much of the ball.

He has not been my favourite player but credit must go to Kovac who is seeming to start to win people round. While it wasn't clever play from Hull, that was a brilliant intervention from the Czech for our first with it really good to see the ball being pressed so high up the pitch.

It's unfair really to judge considering the fleeting appearances but is anybody else a little underwhelmed with Ilan? 2-0 up and the opposition down to ten and then nine men you'd really think he would be busting a gut to show what he could do but he was anonymous.
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by JonG86 »

Check out ESPNs average position feature, under gamecast on this page
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?i ... ague=ENG.1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

More accurate assessment of a players position during a game as it takes into account positions when the player was not on the ball.

Sometimes it flips players over, putting a right back at left back, but it generally all correlates to the chalkboard information as well. This weeks "average position" picture looked like this:

Still shows that we are pretty narrow in midfield, but that Faubert more than makes up for this with his runs along the flank.

With Diamanti tucking into the centre more this gave Franco and Cole the opportunity to get closer and interlink passing, as well as linking up with the midfield. This was allowed by Spector generally remaining back and only occasionally moving forward.

Kovac and Parkers positioning is interesting as two dots next to each other like that generally mean that they interchanged positions during the game (rather than one being forward and the other one back). Similar is Behrami and Fauberts positioning.
smuts
Has liked: 1535 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Incredible that we actually look better when midfielders play on their proper flanks........If only someone had thought of that sooner! :lol:
Hammer_atown

Post by Hammer_atown »

The thing that impressed me the most with Saturdays game, was on reflection I couldn't think of one player who had a bad game. Whilst some played better than others, I can't single out one player for criticism and I can't remember the last match that I could say that.
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

Hammer_atown wrote:I can't single out one player for criticism .
Frustrating that isn't it? :wink:
Bring back Boa-Morte post haste.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Couple of things...

Brown needed shooting for playing his defence that high up from the start...we should have had 3 in the first half at least.

Congrats to Faubert...great display.

Also must tip my cap to Kovac...missed him up at Burnley and he has been great since his return.

Happy Days :thup:
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

The Collector wrote:
I'm sure that we used to have a "Faubert est merde?" thread on here :think:

Thats because he was at that time...he has changed his attitude, work ethic and worked on his distribution.

Thats the great thing about life...you can always improve :thup:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1669 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Anyone see the Parker interview today:

"I think, at the moment, everyone is either fit or coming back to fitness," said Parker.

"We've got practically a full squad, with Luis Boa Morte and Kieron Dyer coming back.

Along with Gabbidon being back soon it will be like having 3 new signings....

:lol: