Man Utd 3 West Ham Utd 0 (23/02/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Re: Man Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by the pink palermo »

Just got back from what looked like Norwich .

We competed well for 30 minutes .I thought we looked comfortable in most areas , but once they got the goal it was heads dropping time , and by the time the second went in , the towel was being thrown in imo .We looked a soft touch .

Having said that , Kovac was really good in the first half .

Others have singled out the bad boys , no point repeating ad nauseum .

Praise to their trio of Rooney , Vidic and Valencia .All 3 played well and were the difference .

Also well done to the usual suspects who had nowt better to do on a cold Tuesday night than brave the M6 . Not our biggest turn out , but generally in good voice and humour .
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

just back. 14 hours round trip. snow, angry mancs, road cones, closures..you name it!

great show from the west ham faithfull there tonight.

everyone on the pitch looked they all wanted to be somewhere else- zola hasnt a clue against the big boys. wes brown annialated cole , diamante played like it was a kickaround in the car park- and when parker isnt in the middle, the ball comes forward SO slowly. painfull to watch, and zero movement from tt he front two

we loooked like what we are, the top( for now) of the bottom six, below the likes of blackburn and stoke, and about 30 points behind the mancs

the last , long trip for me this season. fuckas cant be bothered to turn up why should I..?!

:crest: .
Last edited by w4hammer on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

w4hammer wrote: the last ,long trip for me this season. fuckas cant be bothered to turn upm why should I..?!

You'll be there on Merseyside before the end of the season .

You go because you have to . :wink:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Clearly the Currant Bun didn't watch the same game as the rest of us:

Rob Green 7
Matthew Upson 6
Jonathan Spector 5
James Tomkins 5
Radoslav Kovac 5

Mark Noble 6
Julien Faubert 6
Valon Behrami 6
Guillermo Franco 5
Carlton Cole 6
Alessandro Diamanti 6

Tomkins was better than Upson, Kovacs could have been our MotM and Diamante was the worst player on the field other than Anderson..and he left injured at around 10 minutes..Hardly enough time to be judged...

Shocking.....
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

I would really like to know what zola said to the players before the match.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Just got back, quite a good night despite the result.

Smart decision from Zola to leave Parker out so hes availbale for our more winnable fixtures at home. To be honest i just knew we wasn't going to get anything, it was just about having a few beers, a good sing song and just hoping some slice of luck went our way. They showed why they are champions tonight.

I felt we played well first half and were unlucky to be one down. I thought Spector did as well as he could but Diamanti didnt get back (or get forward) all night, so Specs was doubled up on. Im not sure what the point of diamanti was tonight, he had no effect whatsoever and just didnt do anything :lol:

I dont think our performance was down to lack of effort, but mostly down to poor decision making. We got mugged off on the counter attack a few times and players were not picked up, which is criminal against this lot.

...But f*** it, great atmosphere, good night, dont think we were as bad as people are making out. Its just one of those fixtures, such a tough place to come and play well....and of course, Owen did the usual :|
beckton

Post by beckton »

fjthegrey wrote: Tomkins wasn't good tonight despite what people are muttering, they had a lot of chances that our entire defence did nothing about and he was the man responsible for letting Rooney slip away twice.

I am amazed at the people say he had a good game and made him our MOM when the opposition centre forward scores from two free headers.
The Gibbins
Maggot infested twat
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by The Gibbins »

Can i also say, that we sign Mido as a target man....and hes taking ****ing corner kicks? only at West Ham eh?
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

THE GIBBINS wrote: Smart decision from Zola to leave Parker out so hes availbale for our more winnable fixtures at home|
He'll take a booking against Bolton, then the 2 match ban will come into force away to Arse and Chels and he'll be ok for the home games with Wolves and Stoke and the rest of the season. Which is a bugger for me because the Arse games are a family feud... :lol:
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

the pink palermo wrote: the last ,long trip for me this season. fuckas cant be bothered to turn upm why should I..?!

You'll be there on Merseyside before the end of the season .

You go because you have to . :wink:[/quote]

aye. its what we do!

just seen the goals on T.v....look even worse/sloppy now!!
harry

Post by harry »

I must admit I'm surprised about some of the comments on here, Did anyone really expect to get anything last night? Add up the value of their team, add up ours.

They have the best player in the world at the moment, granted, he was given the freedom of Manchester twice, which is disappointing, but our season will be the 5 home games (I actually expect us to get something against Man city too), but probably Bolton and Wolves will decide our season,

I didn't go, I listened on 5 live, and they were quite complimentary about us, (Martinez, Wigan manager was guest summarizer). It sounded like we attacked when we could, perhaps naive, but fair play, and the difference was undoubtedly Rooney, Valencia, Vidic! One of those players almost cost the same as our whole team!

I don't expect to get anything from Chelski, Arsenal, Liverpool or Everton, 4 tough tough games that even teams in the big 4 struggle against, so a little bit of realism is perhaps called for????
mcinerney7

Post by mcinerney7 »

:think: dont like the fact that when Anderson was down injured the ref stoped the game but when Noble was injured he did nothing
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

Man Utd's players are better than ours in every position, even though some of them are only squad status. It's not suprising they won. I'm not sure what fight it is we were missing, they're just better.
the oldham stripper
Duke Nuke 'em
Location: for 25 years I've lived with fear. i sometimes wish I'd never met her

mido

Post by the oldham stripper »

was he wearing a puffer jacket under he's shirt last night? he cant have got that fat so soon shirley.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2423 likes
Total likes: 2634 likes

Post by sendô »

****ing ********s. I hate losing to this mob. Why do we always seem to roll over up there?

Also, a quick mention for the morons doing the text commentary on bbc sport and sky sports referring constantly to United - United this, United that. There's two teams playing called United you ****ing ingrates.

Disappointed Parker was dropped. How can we moan at the players for letting their heads drop and rolling over meakly when the manager has already signalled his intent by resting arguable our most consistent player?
Fred Poster

Post by Fred Poster »

Muddy wrote:I would really like to know what zola said to the players before the match.
Go out there and lose 3 nil?
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

Looking at the sensible line up, and the players at the manager's disposal on the bench, I'm starting to be ever so optimistic about the last part of the season.
EggyBread
Location: Riding in the back-seat of the Roller with Gold & Sullivan!

Post by EggyBread »

sendô wrote:f***ing ********s. I hate losing to this mob. Why do we always seem to roll over up there?

Also, a quick mention for the morons doing the text commentary on bbc sport and sky sports referring constantly to United - United this, United that. There's two teams playing called United you f***ing ingrates.

Disappointed Parker was dropped. How can we moan at the players for letting their heads drop and rolling over meakly when the manager has already signalled his intent by resting arguable our most consistent player?

Completely agree, we should be beating this lot home and away....

/Sarcasm
The Old Mile End
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by The Old Mile End »

It was disappointing but this result doesn't really matter to our present cause unless others win up there.

Would like to have seen much more fight and less respect for the opposition though to be honest.

Lets face it - the league table doesn't lie after this many games and we are a long way short of quality. You know, I reckon we could pass the ball around amongst 11 traffic beacons and still lose possession. We have far too many players who can't pass the ball 5 yards without some difficulty.

Didn't expect anything, and didn't get anything.
matty.h

Post by matty.h »

Thought noble was poor again, diamanti is a home player in my opinion...did not expect anything from this,roll on bolton