Man Utd 3 West Ham Utd 0 (23/02/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

old fart
Has liked: 136 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Re: Man Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by old fart »

sicknote wrote:glad i watched it with like minded people rather than sat indoors reading some of the deluded nonsense written on here during and after the game

funny that was the view i got ,reading here I'll want my money back :wink: Their first goal was stunning in its simplicity and in its execution.no blame attacted to the defending

on the whole we set up well and were a bit tootless up front, but overall 3-0 flatteed them
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

Up the Junction wrote: No ,we need to look at every single game to get points - we have but ten left this season. I think those two wins on the trot may have instilled a false sense of security amongst the players and management.

Really disappointed at the way we rolled over after they took the lead. A real shame as we had a great opening half-hour and I still maintain they were there for the taking what with the Carling Cup coming up this weekend.
Exactly UTJ. I think Zola should have risked Parker last night. He's probably gonna get booked against Bolton anyway. Just think with him in the team we could have got a point there last night.
Last edited by neathiron on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
travisbickle

Post by travisbickle »

neathiron wrote:No ,we need to look at every single game to get points - we have but ten left this season. I think those two wins on the trot may have instilled a false sense of security amongst the players and management.
the false sense of security could otherwise be called confidence, that ever elusive attribute that all teams chase.

We were unlikely to get much out of this game and it's pure insanity to think that sticking Parker in the team would have changed the scoreline drastically. Are people honestly saying that they'd prefer we had lost 1 or 2 nil or even put the ball in the net ourselves but he picked up a booking and missed Bolton and Wolves game?
East Sussex Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by East Sussex Hammer »

Just to add my two penniworth.

I was sat in the Stretford end and thought that Cole should have really done better with Fauberts cross as it was an empty net and all he had to do was stick a leg out. Diammante was a little un lucky with his up and over chip that saw Foster flapping a bit that could have been a goal.

The difference between the two teams last night was Rooney . He was everywhere and created the chances with well timed runs. Was Carick really playing as I did not notice him at all during the match.

Anyway going to go now I am knackered tied it in with business got to bed at 1 and up at 5.30 and a long drive back.

Any one think that they could have kept at least two lanes of the M6 open at Stafford ?? :eh:
Roaring Repka

Post by Roaring Repka »

Just thought of something: in the unlikely event that Bolton win tonight (though perhaps it isn't that unlikely considering Spurs fondness for picking up whatever result is worse for us), will it completely ruin operation save Parker? The Bolton game would probably be moved back at least a month and we could hardly leave Parker out against both Chelsea and Arsenal!
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Roaring Repka wrote:Just thought of something: in the unlikely event that Bolton win tonight (though perhaps it isn't that unlikely considering Sp*rs fondness for picking up whatever result is worse for us), will it completely ruin operation save Parker? The Bolton game would probably be moved back at least a month and we could hardly leave Parker out against both Chelsea and Arsenal!
I'm just hoping our goal difference doesn't get obliterated by chels and arse. I mean zola doesn't want to play the big games, so i can see it happening.
neathiron
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by neathiron »

travisbickle wrote:
We were unlikely to get much out of this game and it's pure insanity to think that sticking Parker in the team would have changed the scoreline drastically. Are people honestly saying that they'd prefer we had lost 1 or 2 nil or even put the ball in the net ourselves but he picked up a booking and missed Bolton and Wolves game?
Not happy we lost at all. Just think we would have stood a better chance of getting something if Parker played. It's all a case of What If? though ain't it.
Say for instance Parker could get injured in training. Saving him for the Bolton game would have been a waste if that happens. If he did play and picked up a suspension last night, i think the likes of Noble have more of a chance of performing better against Bolton than what he did against Man Utd last night.
Iceroad trucker

Post by Iceroad trucker »

I hate it when we go up north and we don't force their keeper to make a single save.As for leaving Parker back in the smoke,why stop there.Save on fuel,leave everyone back home,and send Fergusson three points in the post,tied up with a pink ribbon.

We need a fundamental change in our thinking,Mr.Zola.
Start thinking, you're not good enough and pretty soon,you won't be.
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

East Sussex Hammer wrote:I was sat in the Stretford end and thought that Cole should have really done better with Fauberts cross as it was an empty net and all he had to do was stick a leg out.
-
I agree, Cole also had an open goal from Behrami's cross but was slightly ahead of the ball, Cole could have had two and it would have been 2 - 2 at that stage, which feel would really have put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Quite right what people have been saying on here, when we got the ball we had no idea how to get it forward and instead of breaking quickly we held theball up enough for them to get ack in numbers, we that passed in back through defence to Green who had no other place to go with it other than belt it upfield giving away possession.

Foxbat had few chances to go 1 on 1 with Park and could have fired across in to Cole or Mido, but instead played it inside or backwards....

Wasn't expecting to get anything form OT but we could definatley have played better, as for the substitutions, I have no idea what Zola had going through his mind, why take off Behrami and put Collison on. Collison should have playedfomthe beginning to give the midfield a bit more strength with Kovac instead of Noble, oreven playing five in the midfield wth Cole on his own for the counter.

Oh well, Bolton next, we have to give them a pasting, but when have we ever smashed Bolton...as long as we don't draw or get beat or goal difference is still the big positive and could well be the deciding element in keeping us out of the bottom three.

:crest: