Chelsea 4 West Ham Utd 1 (13/03/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Re: Chelsea v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by nickkarkie »

ok I finally get it now, if your team has better players than the opposition it means that you are going to win every game. Someone forgot to tell Wigan when they beat Liverpool, Leeds when they beat Man U, stoke when they beat spurs etc...

Fortunately Porto did not have a manager who thought that way when the won the Champions League.

If your manager is good, he picks players in the right positions, he organises the team in training to give very little space to the opposition, he improves players by identifying their weaknesses, he buys players who are better than the team currently have, he plays to the strengths of the team.

Chelsea did nothing spectacular yesterday in the second half but scored 3 soft goals.

Every team in the division gives the top sides a much sterner test, we very rarely do, but when the roles are reversed and we are playing against a side we are expected to beat at home, well we struggle. It can only be the manager's fault.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

Chuck D wrote:In which case, one must question the wisdom of putting an injured player on the bench.
carnage wrote:Its happended numerous times with numerous managers. Fergie,Rafa and Wenger have done it over the years and used if necessary.
Right, and so we were losing yesterday - which would suggest it was "necessary" and didnt use Cole.

Your point is valid, if it works. The way Wenger gambled Fabregas, and won the game, the same day we gambled Parker, he got injured, and we lost.

Which just about sums up the difference between the managers you mentioned, and Zola.
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

nickkarkie wrote:ok I finally get it now, if your team has better players than the opposition it means that you are going to win every game. Someone forgot to tell Wigan when they beat Liverpool, Leeds when they beat Man U, stoke when they beat Sp*rs etc...
Fortunately Porto did not have a manager who thought that way when the won the Champions League.

If your manager is good, he picks players in the right positions, he organises the team in training to give very little space to the opposition, he improves players by identifying their weaknesses, he buys players who are better than the team currently have, he plays to the strengths of the team.

Chelsea did nothing spectacular yesterday in the second half but scored 3 soft goals.

Every team in the division gives the top sides a much sterner test, we very rarely do, but when the roles are reversed and we are playing against a side we are expected to beat at home, well we struggle. It can only be the manager's fault.
For every exception you quote, there are many more examples that are the reality

Chelsea 7 v 2 Sunderland
Chelsea 4 v 1 Cardiff
Chelsea 3 v 0 Birmingham
Chelsea 4 v 0 Wolves
Chelsea 4 v 0 Bolton (twice)
Chelsea 5 v Blackburn
Chelsea 3 v 0 Spuds
Chelsea 4 v 0 Athletico Madrid
Chelsea 3 v 0 Burnley

ManUre 3 v 0 Fulham
ManUre 4 v 0 AC Milan
ManUre 5 v 0 Portsmouth
ManUre 3 v 0 Burnley
ManUre 4 v 0 Hull
ManUre 5 v 0 Wigan
ManUre 3 v 0 Wolves
ManUre 3 v 0 Everton

L'Arse 5 v 0 Porto
L'Arse 6 v 2 Blackburn
L'Arse 3 v 0 Aston Villa
L'Arse 3 v 0 Hull
L'Arse 3 v 0 Spuds
L'Arse 4 v 0 Wigan
L'Arse 4 v 1 Portsmouth

and these are just the home games... (and yes I know Athletico, AC, Cardiff & Porto aren't in the Prem)
Last edited by hammerdivone on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

To be fair, Chuck D is right.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:To be fair, Chuck D is right.
About what?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

hammerdivone wrote: For every exception you quote, there are many more examples that are the reality

Chelsea 7 v 2 Sunderland
Chelsea 4 v 1 Cardiff
Chelsea 3 v 0 Birmingham
Chelsea 4 v 0 Wolves
Chelsea 4 v 0 Bolton (twice)
Chelsea 5 v Blackburn
Chelsea 3 v 0 Spuds
Chelsea 4 v 0 Athletico Madrid
Chelsea 3 v 0 Burnley

ManUre 3 v 0 Fulham
ManUre 4 v 0 AC Milan
ManUre 5 v 0 Portsmouth
ManUre 3 v 0 Burnley
ManUre 4 v 0 Hull
ManUre 5 v 0 Wigan
ManUre 3 v 0 Wolves
ManUre 3 v 0 Everton

L'Arse 5 v 0 Porto
L'Arse 6 v 2 Blackburn
L'Arse 3 v 0 Aston Villa
L'Arse 3 v 0 Hull
L'Arse 3 v 0 Spuds
L'Arse 4 v 0 Wigan
L'Arse 4 v 1 Portsmouth

and these are just the home games... (and yes I know Athletico, AC, Cardiff & Porto aren't in the Prem)

manure at home zero goals against for that lot, lucky

carnage wrote:About what?
Some things he said.
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

Now, I am by no stretch of imagination a football tactician, but I would have thought that if you were to choose a game to start Diamanti in it would have been the chavs one and not the notlob one :think:
hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

carnage wrote:About what?
rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:Some things he said.
I'm getting deja-vu here :D
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 707 likes

Post by carnage »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
Some things he said.
Which ones?

Further up the page.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Chuck D wrote:In which case, one must question the wisdom of putting an injured player on the bench.
carnage wrote: Its happended numerous times with numerous managers. Fergie,Rafa and Wenger have done it over the years and used if necessary.
carnage,
the bit i don't get if this is the case is why did he bring on cole for mido rather than anyone for ilan - if cole was left out due to injury it makes it even more compelling a case to prioritise sorting out the side we were getting mullered on. sure Mido was tiring but a tiring mido was still a million times more effective than ilan. to say that cole wasn't fit to start but could be used as sub is a perfectly plausible explanation of leaving him from the starting line up (and seemed to work as I thought Mido did well) but it always seems to me that zola has decided what to do before the game with regard to substitution and doesn't adapt to the circumstances. To a man on this forum yesterday people were saying take ilan off.
The Sherriff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by The Sherriff »

you play one up front for the majority of home games for the season then go to the league leaders and play with 2, you drop your top goalscorer and install 3 unfit players :thdn:

i've got it in my head that Zola was attempting to make a point to the board about the players they brought in, either that it was a rubbish effort at resting some of them :thdn:

Howl Ilan stayed on the pitch for 83 minutes is beyond me. Have given Zola the benefit out the doubt to date but his actions on saturday have really got my back up. Not for the good of West Ham ..... :thdn:

Then to come out and say you feel 'Sorry' for the players ......what about the travelling support? why doesnt he feel sorry for us?

The Johnny Spector 'Love-in' is also getting a bit embarrassing now, realise that he puts effort in but is so average its untrue - all for supporting own but he has been a liability and will continue to do. How many more times is he going to get roasted this season?

If players are injured then you dont put them on the bench - judging by Cole's reaction he was equally shocked at being rub-a-dub.
Wade

Post by Wade »

Tel The Hammer wrote:I went today. T'was only my 3rd away game or the season, and f***ing hell, it was grim.

I just laughed when I heard our starting XI. :lol:

Chelsea weren't any great shakes today, and a West Ham side of days before may have got something, but we just seem to lack the b***ocks nowadays.

Everyone was going mental around me when Scotty Parker scored, but I just clapped his goal and just joined in with the "Super Scott" chants. I knew we had no chance of getting anything today. Cracking goal, still. :thup:

Parker and Green are the only two who turned up today. As for the rest...

Defeats like today used to choke me. I just walked out of the Bridge with a "meh" attitude today.

We're fucking useless.
spot on. If it wasnt for Parker the team would of got beat double what we did.

No disipline in this team whatsoever. Zola lets them get away with murder.
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

I still think we will go down, been saying it for months now, we have a manager who has no idea. All i hear is the games against Wolves and Stoke are home bankers!! Weren't Blackburn and Bolton home bankers?? What happened there.
Stoke will be a tougher game then Bolton, we can't defend properly!
The balance of our team has been wrong for a long time. If i were Spector i'd be bashing on the managers door asking him why he was hung out to dry again. I have no faith in Zola anymore, some of his decisions are mind boggling. He must have been the only one inside Stamford Bridge to not see where Chelsea's ONLY threat was coming from. If he changes it half time then it gives Chelsea food for thought, how else can they break us down, they would only have got more fustrated, who knows what we could have got out the game!!
Its vital decisions like this that can be the difference between a point and a loss. You can't give a player the freedom to do what he wants just because you're concerned about the well being of Dyer and Mido. Mido could have done with the excercise.
Hammer32

Post by Hammer32 »

Butler wrote:Check this f***ing silly c*** out ...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I see he removed the video now!
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Butler wrote:Check this f***ing silly c*** out ...

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hammer32 wrote: I see he removed the video now!
Posh twat from Worthing
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

Did anyone who went hear any songs about Lamprds mum?

Chelsea fan I am talking to says we were
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Phil S wrote:Did anyone who went hear any songs about Lamprds mum?

Chelsea fan I am talking to says we were
Never heard anything during the game , arrived at 2.59 so if it was in the build up , no idea .
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

where's ya mamma gone

classy :oops: :evil:

the same mamma that had bubbles played at her funeral and claret and blue ballons let off

unreal