Arsenal 2 West Ham Utd 0 (20/03/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Re: Arsenal v West Ham United Match Thread

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote:would say Van Persie might be better than Colin
Might be?! :shock: :lol: :lol:

As Palermo has said - we lacked.
Nothing there - tactically and from the players.

Ask yourself though; why would these players care about getting at these Arsenal players, when the management has already instilled a sense of defeat and a lack of need to win, from his careless words regarding these fixtures that 'we don't have to win'.

Madness.
smuts
Has liked: 1536 likes
Total likes: 1495 likes

Post by smuts »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Ask yourself though; why would these players care about getting at these Arsenal players, when the management has already instilled a sense of defeat and a lack of need to win, from his careless words regarding these fixtures that 'we don't have to win'.
Madness.
I think this is the comment that may have marked his card with Gold and Sullivan......admitting defeat weeks before and then resting key players just sends out the signal that we are going to be an easy touch.

Let's also hope Zola hasn't told the team that he expects Wolves to start slowly against us...which is what he told them for the Bolton match.
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

prophet:marginal wrote:..franco's dive ( ...and it was....) and waving of the card towards the ref
Yes Franco's imaginary holding up of a card was embarrassing, I agree. Missing the penalty (although Almunia wasn't on his line) was karma, maybe?[/quote]

maybe karma, maybe the law of probabilities i.e. when every shot you've ever had/ every penalty youve taken/every free-kick you take, goes left to right, and when you've scored a penalty against the same keeper a few months back, in, lets call it, position number one, you might want to vary things...just a litlle, maybe............ BLAST IT DOWN THE MIDDLE, PERCHANCE!!?

It was me that ****ed it up...everyone around me was going crazy when we got the pen.... I said" he'll never get it...." Headbanger
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

EggyBread wrote:Merson on SS just predicted a 5, 6 or 7 nil drubbing for us...

Can't say I disagree.....
He really is a ****.
Muddy
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Muddy »

w4hammer wrote: It was me that f***ed it up...everyone around me was going crazy when we got the pen.... I said" he'll never get it...." Headbanger
Funny that, i was thinking that he'd miss and how to recact when he does miss.
Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Deprealla tripped inside a penalty box?
PrawnSandwich

Post by PrawnSandwich »

Muddy wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't Deprealla tripped inside a penalty box?
Yeah but that was in the second half after Whinger had berated the ref.
I said at the time it was more of a penalty than the first but we were never going to get two
West Dan

Post by West Dan »

Says on BBC that they're appealling the red card, hope he gets an extra game ban on top now!
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Agree with most of what has already been said, yes wecould have got something from that if Zola had played to our strengths, ie Parker starting and Diamanti, etc in their proper positions. Also, as the commentator said Diamanti always goes that way, telegraphed it. Lastly, on the occasions we did break ut with many Arsenal players still in our half, what do we do......hold the ball up in midfiled rather than steaming forwards......then a few backwards passes to bring the defenders back into the game along with the entire Arsenal team.....f*cking clueless.......we really need a strong creative player in midfield alongside Parker who is the battler, then we need to sort out our wingers, start Stanislas week in week out from now on, start Behrami on the right, start Parker and Diamanti in the middle, start Faubert and Daprela, put Upson and Gabb's in the middle, start Mcarthy and Cole. Bring on Dyer for Behrami or Stanislas, bring on Ilan/Mido for Cole when he tires, bring on Kovac for Parker, bring Noble on for Diamanti, f*** me it could be any worse than the team selections and substitutions currently being made.....we've also heard all this b*llocks from Clarkey - sort Upson out for f*cks sake, bench him and play Tomkins and Gabb's then, he plays like he has a given right to play there, if he ain't performing f*ck him off the bench not Parker....... Headbanger
Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

West Dan wrote:Says on BBC that they're appealling the red card, hope he gets an extra game ban on top now!
Appeal rejected - my heart bleeds.