Everton 2 West Ham Utd 2 (04/04/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Pop Robson »

last.caress wrote:Just noticed that the original poster predicted 2-2. Good bit of Mystic Meggary, that. :thup:
20/1 too

Glad I had a few quid on it :thup:
cowelly2006

Post by cowelly2006 »

Was impressed with the second half performance compared to recent performances. C.Cole looks injured to me, and didn't seem up for it (others may disagree). He never made the run into the box we needed when it was played out wide. Mido was decent at holding the ball up at the start of the second half and it seemed to help us get back in the game.

Spector shouldn't play again this season unless we have injuries, he is, and always will be ****. Daprela may not be fantastic but he looks a lot more comfortable.

Someone please tell Upson to stop playing the same shitty straight long ball to C.Cole, its infuriating to watch.

Was shocked that Noble didn't fight to take the penalty, I think we all knew Mido would miss.

Agree with others that have said its a good thing that Diamanti (note the spelling!!) didn't play. In a game like today it would mean us having to carry him, and we needed a fighting midfield. Also I think it was better without behrami and his endless, pointless running around. Stanislas looked decent on the right, he must start every game as he is the only pacey player we have.

Noble looks woefully short of fitness, and in my opinion has done for over a year!!! Would like to add I didn't think he put in a bad performance, but he doesn't seem to have the drive he used to when burst on the scene. Would like to see him making runs such as the ones that got goals against bolton and spurs in the great escape season.

I think Zola might be close to figuring out our best team, and IF he gets it right, we might just have a chance. My prediction is that we stay up via our goal difference.

COYI :crest:
Last edited by cowelly2006 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

http://theoriginalwinger.com/2010-04-04 ... remiership" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ilan's goal for anyone who has not seen it. The west ham fan who was not watching was hilarious. Great to see so much joy on the hammers' faces after we equalised, you were brilliant today away fans.

Great to see passion from zola, ilan and even Benni on the bench (he seemed genuinely happy we had scored). It was nice to see zola pissed off when we let the goal in, he used to do that last season but has not done it much this season.
speculator
Location: I started out with nothing and I'm proud to say I've got most of it left.

Post by speculator »

I predicted a point. Just like to say to all the 'we're down' brigade - how small are your b*llocks after that. :lol:
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 312 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Great result today. Really enjoyed watching it, even though Iv been up to me eyeballs with exams !

Heart, passion, guts and triumph over adversity. Shame we didnt get the win. We would have been well worth it.

R.Green 6 Untroubled, save for two occasions. The rest is history
J.Faubert 7 Better performance. Superb assist. Strong in defence
J.Spector 4 The man is a walking disaster area. Two mistakes, giving rise to 2 goals. Illunga back please !
M.Da Costa 7 Looks like he did when he was first introduced into the team
M.Upson 6 A better performance. May have been quicker second tme around. Too many aimless balls.
J.Stanislas 6 Stifled in the first hald. More tricky in the second.
S.Parker 9 Another superb performance by our soon to be depatred HOTY. The yellow card is a huge worry
R.Kovac 6 Game of two halfs. Stronger in the second
M.Noble 7 Good on the wing, and gave the team witdth.
Mido 4 Another weak link and poor game. Why he took the penalty is a mistry
C.Cole 8 A thorn in the side of Everton. The injury is a worry

Ilan 8 One involvement. Worth 8/10

D.Gabbidon N/A Nice to see him back !
theo

Post by theo »

that felt like as good as a win renuied my belief coyi
:raver:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Just in the car on the way home.

Everton were quiet as f***...no noise whatsoever.

Da Costa is my new football friend and I was on the telly four times.

Time to get lagging. :crest:
QuintonNimoy

Post by QuintonNimoy »

The question is, what does MacGill think, and is he waiting to post because he wants to pretend he's an away travelling supporter?

Which reminds me, :thup: to the support
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Pop Robson wrote:
20/1 too

Saaaame 8-)
patsy was my hero

Post by patsy was my hero »

Very happy with the 2nd half performance a massive improvement.
Not happy with Spector at left back,justnot up to scratch.
However that really is the only negative i took from the game i was
really pleased with the effort from everyone,even Spector,i'm not knocking
him for his effort,he just aint good enough.
Happyhammer93
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Happyhammer93 »

Good point today and during the first half we wern't showing much fight but after the first half we started to. Zola's words at half time must have hit home. Mido started moving and looked better in the second half after the poor penalty - was nicely placed but no power behind it. Thought that Noble had a good game. Stanislas was good and created problems on the wings. The 2nd goal was a great cross by Faubert and a good header from Ilan.

Parker was again very good but we will miss him in the next two games.

Now need to carry this fight and better football through to the end of the season and then we should be able to stay up.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Pop Robson wrote:
20/1 too

MikeNewell'sOldBoys wrote: Saaaame 8-)
:thup:
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

Great second half performance - I thought we were done for at half-time, especially after that awful penalty.

Two silly goals to give away - both entirely unnecessary. The Everton players were already turning away from the first cross as it approached Spector's head, and the second one resulted from Spector needlessly giving away possession on the edge of our box when our movement was all forward and out of defense.
There is still too much ball-watching at the back, and the long balls out from Upson to Cole seem pointless - most of them don't get to him, and those that do are too high to do anything constructive with when he's alone up front. He needs the ball played to his feet. Thought he played well today though and was unlucky that the two shooting opportunities he got were on his wrong foot.

Biggest difference to me was not Diamanti missing, but Behrami. I think he's been very poor in recent weeks. The midfield looked more cohesive without him. Stanislas did well going forward, but tracks back about as infrequently as Diamanti does. Faubert did well behind him today.

And the most encouraging thing is that we came back - twice! That must do something for our self-belief.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1239 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Post by last.caress »

speculator wrote: Just like to say to all the 'we're down' brigade - how small are your b***ocks after that. :lol:
Every single one of the "we're down" brigade WANT to be proved wrong, badly. Nobody actually wants us to go down (amongst our own supporters, of course). At 0-3 against Wolves, I was convinced that we were down, that we wouldn't get another point, or even score another goal for the rest of the season. Franco proved me wrong on the goals thing that very game, the team proved me wrong on the points thing today, and by Christ am I hoping and praying to be proved wrong for a third time.
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

nickkarkie wrote:
Great to see passion from zola, ilan and even Benni on the bench (he seemed genuinely happy we had scored)..
Agree! Especially with Benni, when we equalised he was the first to celebrate, jumping up and down like a mad man!
All that talk he gave about being so happy to finally come to West Ham after his first transfer attempt failed...who knows, maybe he's a west ham supporter?
Memorial Ground

Post by Memorial Ground »

Absolutely made up.

Did I see Antony on TV?
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

great result today!, better spirit and more players trying there best not just scotty p.hopfully we can play like this against sunderland and get the full 3 points!

Quality support from our fans like normal.

West ham till i die.
nickkarkie
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Da Costa's goal was superb, you can see in slow mo, as the ball was falling he knocked it past cahill with his left foot and then deliberately chipped it over howard with his right foot.
Hammer_Chicadee
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Hammer_Chicadee »

Our fans today were absolutely amazing.
I'm also in love with Scott Parker :D
ParkerIsGod

Post by ParkerIsGod »

Hammer_Chicadee wrote:Our fans today were absolutely amazing.
I'm also in love with Scott Parker :D
I might have to change my username!

I'd like to say well done also to all The Hammers fans at Goodison Park today.

Great support through out the game.

I even found myself joining in at home a couple of times with a come on you irons.
Hope my neighbours don't complain!

None us want to see West Ham go down even if at times some of our forum posts may seem negative.
It just shows that we care about this team and are passionate which our players haven't always been this season.