Everton 2 West Ham Utd 2 (04/04/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 552 likes
Total likes: 892 likes

Re: Everton vs West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Junco Partner »

billybondsballbag wrote:I know that this may not be the popular opinion, but I thought that we were all the better for not having Diamanti. Whilst he's probably the most skillful player in the squad, he's not a battler, and right now, we need those who are willing to roll their sleeves up and fight. Saying that, he'd probably have slotted away the penalty, but you can't keep a player in the team purely because he's good at dead-ball situations, at least not if you've as limited a team as we've had of late.

Flame-retardant tin-hat on. :D
Correct. A luxury we can no longer afford.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

travisbickle wrote:where was Diamante today? not even on the bench? that's weird.
injured
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

billybondsballbag wrote:I know that this may not be the popular opinion, but I thought that we were all the better for not having Diamanti. Whilst he's probably the most skillful player in the squad, he's not a battler, and right now, we need those who are willing to roll their sleeves up and fight. Saying that, he'd probably have slotted away the penalty, but you can't keep a player in the team purely because he's good at dead-ball situations, at least not if you've as limited a team as we've had of late.

why have you got your tin hat on, you are right, diamanti in midfield is a liability as he is not a midfielder, we are better playing the diamond formation.

I just can not understand zola picking spector ahead of daprela on the left, it is a constant problem.
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

Zola in good half time team talk shocker. :lol: We were the better team by far and we may rue another penalty miss.

I wanted Mido off straight away but he looked good second half, words must have been said. In Parker we trust, or not for the next two games. Cole put in an unbelievable shift.

What a great result having gone a goal behind in the 84th minute, but it took a rather woeful Everton performance for us to get a crucial point that could/should have been 3.

But lets take the positives and get ready for Sunderland. COYI
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Parker = did he break his hand chinning Mido
This is the question I want answering!!!
m-h

Post by m-h »

Not at all in need of the tin-hat. We didn't miss him today. Was pleased to see Parker even knowing he was one yellow away from 2 match ban, getting stuck in. Then to see Noble also going in and then finally Kovac. Thats what you need in relegation scrap. If we didn't get any bookings today, then the team ain't doing their job. Stanislas on the right, so much better. Diamante is flair and we are'nt exactly playing champagne football and shouldn't be when on 28 points after 33 games. Right call to leave him out. Talented and skilfull yes, upsets the balance in the team perhaps.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Great point and more importantly a performance to offer some heart for the remaining five games.
libero
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by libero »

I was totally depressed at HT but was impressed with our reaction in the second half. Parker, Kovac and Noble were excellent in midfield and Da Costa, Faubert and Stanislas were pretty decent too. Strange that Zola took so long to react and bring on Ilan, pity Parker picked up a booking and absurd that Zola was about to bring on McCarthy (after Everton's second goal) without even warming him up (same thing happened with Gabbidon). And then we wonder why we had 9 players unavailable today :?

Still, let's be positive. A good second half, a useful point and a beautiful goal today. That's as good as it gets recently :clap:
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Diamanti should be the second striker with a free role....anywhere else on the pitch and he is a liability
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

EvilC wrote:Great point and more importantly a performance to offer some heart for the remaining five games.
Well said.

That second half performance was the best we've played for ages.

Magnificent cross from Faubert and a great diving header to put it away from Ilan.

:crest:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

For Dimanti to not even be on the bench, makes me wondering if a few of the players may of said something, every time Noble looks at him with disgust.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

Thought we were poor in the first half, completely surrendered the midfield hoofing the ball up to an isolated Cole and inviting pressure straight back on to ourselves.

Second half we kept the ball on the floor more and used the width of the pitch and looked a lot better. It's a great point and if we can keep that going into the next games hopefully we can pick up the points we need to stay up.
maltab

Post by maltab »

Anyone got the goals please
travisbickle

Post by travisbickle »

thought junior did well too. He could have pressed the ball more when they crossed for their second, but attacking wise I think he did ok. Fab pass to put Carlton through on the break. Be good to see some more of him, but he does need to work on his defensive game.
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

:clap:

Equalised twice. Well done.
mental hamster666
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 41 likes

Post by mental hamster666 »

full marks to ilan for that goal, could you imagine if mido dived for that cross?????

earthquake in liverpool!!!!
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1222 likes
Total likes: 1641 likes

Post by last.caress »

hawkins_hammer wrote:
But lets take the positives
-Hull now have to match us, and WIN their game in hand (instead of just draw it).

-The run of defeats: it wasn't a win, but that monkey is nevertheless off of our backs.

-It wasn't just the Scott Parker show today. Far from it. Which we'll need, in his absence.

-Everton weren't great today, but what matters is that we made a game of it against an in-form side. Got to be good for morale.

-Once we equalised (the first time), something seemed to click, to "switch on" if you like. Belief seemed to creep back in.

Now let's just keep it the f*** up.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

speculator wrote:We will get a point.
What will happen next week, you I tust.
Xander
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by Xander »

I didn't get to follow the match today but in all honesty I was expecting us to lose 2 or 3 - 0 so good on you lads :crest:
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1222 likes
Total likes: 1641 likes

Post by last.caress »

Just noticed that the original poster predicted 2-2. Good bit of Mystic Meggary, that. :thup: