West Ham Utd 3 Wigan 2 (24/04/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

kthammer

Re: West Ham Utd v Wigan: match thread

Post by kthammer »

IIIronss wrote:Kovac...9.5

Thought he was brilliant today.
though he still can't pass. I would love to have a defensive midfielder who can pass. Doesn't have to be Carrick, a poor mans Makelele will do.
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

goof wrote:and at the final whistle i whelmed up,well worth it well done all hammers what a day possibly the most inportant game to date of the clubs history.
Yep all those FA Cup Finals, big nights in Europe, and other relegation battles..(Like Tevez at Man U), were just a build up to yesterday :P
goof

Post by goof »

You no what i mean the club debts have never been this bad i was thinking more long the lines of the future of the club if we went down. :)
GideaParkHammer

Post by GideaParkHammer »

goof wrote:You no what i mean the club debts have never been this bad i was thinking more long the lines of the future of the club if we went down. :)
Oh yeah, but I was not going to miss the chance for a smart arse comment lol :lol:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Yesterday summed up our season in a way. About 70% effort (apart from Parker) but a little bit of extraa quality and luck in this case just about saw us through.
BPRIGGSC

Post by BPRIGGSC »

I don't want to sound extremely negative. But I wouldn't say were 100% safe yet. The way we defend from set pieces, I say fulham and man city can easy score 20-30 goals against us.
BPRIGGSC

Post by BPRIGGSC »

hadleighhammer wrote:Yesterday summed up our season in a way. About 70% effort (apart from Parker) but a little bit of extraa quality and luck in this case just about saw us through.
Noble worked just as hard as Parker yesterday, if not more. Dunno why behrami wasnt running around like a nutcase. Cole and Da Costa worked hard to
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

BPRIGGSC wrote: I say fulham and man city can easy score 20-30 goals against us.
:lol: I'd hate to see what you'd be like if you were negative :lol:
jjwred7

Post by jjwred7 »

I am not sure about everyone else on here, but after seeing the pic of the players celebration WITH Zola after Parker's goal, was anyone else moved by the apparent great feelings the players have for Zola???

It has almost made me reconsider if I really want him to go or not now (although I dont think he will be around even if he wanted to be)??

Do we think he could learn from this year, bring in some players he wants and have a decent season next year?? If Scotty likes him, he is okay in my book!!!
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

chuffster wrote:Dave Whe*an now furiously scanning Scott Parkers transfer deal for details of irregularities....
Wait 'til the ******** realises Dowie and Bullard are Hammers :lol:
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

jjwred7 wrote:I am not sure about everyone else on here, but after seeing the pic of the players celebration WITH Zola after Parker's goal, was anyone else moved by the apparent great feelings the players have for Zola???

It has almost made me reconsider if I really want him to go or not now (although I dont think he will be around even if he wanted to be)??

Do we think he could learn from this year, bring in some players he wants and have a decent season next year?? If Scotty likes him, he is okay in my book!!!
There was a discussion about this on Talk Sport a bit earlier. A Hammers supporter rang in from New York mentioning this very same thing and although I still want Zola out, he nonetheless raised this very thing. If he is kicked out, resigns, whatever and goes onto become one of the great managers of the game, we would then kick ourselves for kicking him out wouldn't we ? It has got me thinking to be honest
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

IIIronss wrote:Kovac...9.5

Thought he was brilliant today.
Tel The Hammer wrote:Had a good game, as you say.

All apart from the pass which lead to the corner where Wigan scored their opener, of course!
Was going to comment on the same thing. I had the right hump. :lol:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

How we won this game I will never know
m-h

Post by m-h »

Puff Daddy wrote:
There was a discussion about this on Talk Sport a bit earlier. A Hammers supporter rang in from New York mentioning this very same thing and although I still want Zola out, he nonetheless raised this very thing. If he is kicked out, resigns, whatever and goes onto become one of the great managers of the game, we would then kick ourselves for kicking him out wouldn't we ? It has got me thinking to be honest
Noble and Curbs similiarity....One moment in time. Zola should be judged on the entire season. He will never be a tactical genius imo, only a players coach/manager. If 12 mil bid comes in for Parker, what do you think the owners will do. So it isn't even a question of a particular player and particular manager.
jjwred7

Post by jjwred7 »

Puff Daddy wrote:
Noble and Curbs similiarity....One moment in time. Zola should be judged on the entire season. He will never be a tactical genius imo, only a players coach/manager. If 12 mil bid comes in for Parker, what do you think the owners will do. So it isn't even a question of a particular player and particular manager.[/quote]

My point wasnt about Parker per se, it was the way the majority of the team seemed to be just as happy for Zola as they were for themselves. It has made me think just a little if he deserves until Dec at least.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 336 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

jjwred7 wrote:I am not sure about everyone else on here, but after seeing the pic of the players celebration WITH Zola after Parker's goal, was anyone else moved by the apparent great feelings the players have for Zola???

Good post, was "kind of" thinking the same, seeing Super Scotty run over like that with the goal celebration and then straight to him after the final whistle was top class from the fella. The players obviously really like the guy which begs the question doesn't it.....if they like him so much and want to play for Fonzie...why the feck have they not shown up so many times this season?

Something is fundamentally wrong for me, what that is I don't know, but Saturday again for me the game was crying out for width at times, we were so narrow and when our midfielders picked it up there was little or no movement. Unfortunately Cole had the touch of a rapist again, although he done well with the one on one (was unlucky) and made the equaliser with great strength.

On Talksport this morning there is a rumour that Fonzie is going to walk, he has kept us up and is leaving with his head held high.....so they reckon.

Delighted we are safe, cracking emotions through and after the game, proper West Ham day :crest:

I think the real interesting times start now, possibly new management, playing staff, next season going for consolidation, the roller coaster isn't over yet folks :lol:
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

I can't get all this huggy kissy stuff these guys do. I thought they were gonna have a mass gay orgy at one point. A good handshake and a knowing nod at the other guy should be enough.
derek zoolander

Post by derek zoolander »

MS in the West wrote:I can't get all this huggy kissy stuff these guys do. I thought they were gonna have a mass gay orgy at one point. A good handshake and a knowing nod at the other guy should be enough.
:lol: old git!

I was cuddling my mate next to me like he was my girlfriend when Parker scored. :|

I'd rather they all done that than start kissing the badge like some c**** do.
MS in the West

Post by MS in the West »

derek zoolander wrote:
:lol: old git!

I was cuddling my mate next to me like he was my girlfriend when Parker scored. :|

I'd rather they all done that than start kissing the badge like some c***s do.
I'm not against 'personal growth' DZ. I'm pleased you're finding your true self. And, of course it was behind closed doors.

:D
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

On Talksport this morning there is a rumour that Fonzie is going to walk, he has kept us up and is leaving with his head held high.....so they reckon...I think the real interesting times start now, possibly new management, playing staff, next season going for consolidation, the roller coaster isn't over yet folks :lol:[/quote]

The only delay is the difficulty finding a replacement with the season still going. I am sure he will want to leave - as you say, with his dignity intact. I just can't see how he can start again with the same players and chairmen. I just don't think he's been effective enough either. Even allowing for all the injuries, lack of money and poor form, his tactics just haven't worked for the team and for the individual players.