West Ham Utd 1 Man City 1 (09/05/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Man City: match thread

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

BabyClaret wrote:Tbf, its 2 in 51 for Valon :lol:
So it's worse than Boa Morte's 2 in 50 :lol:
Last edited by rare as rockinghorse shat on Sun May 09, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike420

Post by Mike420 »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
How does that differ to Valon Behrami,- West Ham's 'wouldn't sell him for £10m' midfield 'hero' who also has 2 goals in like 50 odd games and spends half the match chasing about the balls he has given away?
Behrami is a white a dead snake. I realised a long time ago that Behrami doesn't bring much to the table. Was initially impressed by the amount of ground he covers. Now I'd happily see him go. We don't have many midfielders who have a touch of class about their game. Even Parker who dont get me wrong has been our best play ect and done a fine job. In terms of creating and scoring goals hes not too good. However thats fine you need someone like that because he breaks up play, puts his body on the line ect. What i'm trying to say is that we have too many players who can graft and not enough who can unlock defences...
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 1980 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Amen to that. Strange then that first half it was Boa making the moves
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

HammerMan2004 wrote:http://www.whufc.com/articles/20100509/ ... 84_2047856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Boa Morte seems to think he wont be here next season...
Not on the wages he is on
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2943 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I thought they badly missed Bellamy today .

They passed and passed and passed.......then passed some more .....and a bit more .

To very little effect .

Kompany touched the ball more than 80 times.......and did what with it ?

Where was the thrust , the edge ?

Pretty , but pretty ineffective .
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

The best part for me today was meeting with Eddie Bovington in Green St after the game, shake of the hand and nice little chat, a lovely gentleman.
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

the pink palermo wrote:Kompany touched the ball more than 80 times.......and did what with it ?

Where was the thrust , the edge ?

Pretty , but pretty ineffective .
That's why he looked so unhappy at the final whistle. Misery loves Kompany.
Ironsironsirons

Post by Ironsironsirons »

Daprela was crap made johnson look like messi but its ok I know you spector bashers will be on his back after a few more games with him next season. But more importantly-

Well done Da Costa for being superb this year and coming in n making our defence a lot more secure and nice touch with giving your boots to the disabled supporter after tha game-top man and last but not least...

Carlos Tevez I love you! Come home asap!
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Ironsironsirons wrote:Daprela was crap made johnson look like messi but its ok I know you spector bashers will be on his back after a few more games with him next season. But more importantly-

Well done Da Costa for being superb this year and coming in n making our defence a lot more secure and nice touch with giving your boots to the disabled supporter after tha game-top man and last but not least...

Carlos Tevez I love you! Come home asap!
that's b*llocks.... Daprela was superb today, he is only a kid but has really held his own when given the chance plus all of his chances have come against the big teams.... He made a couple of errors today but none of them cost us goals unlike Spector.
Ironsironsirons

Post by Ironsironsirons »

[/quote]that's b***ocks.... Daprela was superb today, he is only a kid but has really held his own when given the chance plus all of his chances have come against the big teams.... He made a couple of errors today but none of them cost us goals unlike Spector.[/quote]

Johnson's cross for the goal and Spector isn't a left back play Daprela at right back and then come talk to me
Ariksan
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Ariksan »

Ironsironsirons wrote: Johnson's cross for the goal and Spector isn't a left back play Daprela at right back and then come talk to me
You are Spector and I claim my five pounds.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Ironsironsirons wrote:Daprela was crap made johnson look like messi but its ok I know you spector bashers will be on his back after a few more games with him next season.
Are you fishing? :eh:

IMVHO Daprela had a decent game and looked a real prospect. You must have been watching a different game to me.
ottsands
Doesn't Mind Sharing
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by ottsands »

No Chicken Balti Pies anywhere today :(
Richard WHUFC

Post by Richard WHUFC »

me too, did some v good things today looks very promising, da costa too.
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

ottsands wrote:No Chicken Balti Pies anywhere today :(
Sack all members of staff and players!
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

ottsands wrote:No Chicken Balti Pies anywhere today :(
I had 2 before the game in BML 8-)
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Gerblatz wrote:The Tevez 'love-in' was an embarrassment today..give him a clap, but it was like mass, misguided hysteria at times...shocking. The guy has cost us £30 million in fines and compensation and he's not even our player....and our own fans are cheering him on.. :shock: In the time he was at our club, he was great...but that's it...over...we really need to move on now. I've put it down to a collective sense of humour, but after today it's not funny any more... Headbanger
-
I'd like to correct you on that as I'm sure others will. HE didn't cost us all those fines etc etc, what cost us the fines was the way in which the FA etc etc were lied to by the management team - not him.

The fella loves us, why put on a Hammers shirt and clap the fans - he respects us and we respect him as a professional.

Plus I'd have his babies LMAO....
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

The sad thing for me is other players that are home grown and actual West Ham and not adopted like(Tevez, Di Canio) Rio, Cole etc don't get treated anything like the same, I doubt even some of our legends would if they appeared at half time.
Marc the Hammer

Post by Marc the Hammer »

Ironsironsirons wrote: Johnson's cross for the goal and Spector isn't a left back play Daprela at right back and then come talk to me
Was it Daprelas fault that the smallest player on the pitch score a header ?

Watched the whole game back on football first and thought he was solid against a very good winger
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

Not Daprela's fault, SWP was over on Foxbat's side but really in that area of the box I would have thought DaCosta should have been covering - a lot of bodies in the area at the time and a good cross cut everyone out apart from SWP, sh*t happens.

Cole should have got a foot to the chip from Diamanti really, all he had to do was guide it over the keeper with his first touch but he must have bottled out and took his eye off the ball to see wether the keeper was going to clatter him or not.