PSF: Ipswich Town 0 West Ham Utd 1 (31/07/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Re: Ipswich v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Guv'nor wrote:Geez! this is the best run we've had in years......thats our season best gone now. back to reality come 15th Aug. :wink:
I'm loving this not conceeding business as well. I love a 1-0 win.
EastendDawg

Post by EastendDawg »

Some crappy mobile pictures from today for anyone interested:
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1037 likes

Post by stu1 »

Anyone got a link for the goal?

Hows Faubert doing as part of a front 3? He looking like he has a realistic chances of making that RW position his own?
Cambridge_hammer

Post by Cambridge_hammer »

Not bad pics East end Dawg. You really were right up the other end!! Was nice to meet you fella, Although was more my family than me lol.

Never really figured out how to do pics on here :oops: not very computery :oops:
miles
This site...
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 421 likes

Post by miles »

Making the players pay for their own food seems to have worked wonders...
Cambridge_hammer

Post by Cambridge_hammer »

stu1 wrote:Anyone got a link for the goal?

Hows Faubert doing as part of a front 3? He looking like he has a realistic chances of making that RW position his own?

I haven't a link but can word play it.
Lovely ball down the line to Faubert, Faubert with a good cross to the back stick, Boa Morte beats the defender to the header and a good one at that, keeper makes a good save but parrys the ball up. Cole and defender scrap for the ball evantually for Cole to poke it in.
East_London_Hammer

Post by East_London_Hammer »

I went today, gotta say atmosphere wise probably the best friendly ive ever been to, we really do have a great set of supporters, other fans take the p*ss about us bigging up our support but it really is something to be proud of.

As for the game, Hitz was running it i thought, Faubert looks decent in a front 3, Dyer is the man either in midfield or when he went to right back, thought him and Faubert linked up really well, we need to keep him fit. Im still not impressed with Tompkins tbh but we'll see. Green made a couple of good saves which was nice to see, the whole vs fans booing him then us singing Englands No.1 could become very boring after a while tho.

Was great to be at a game watching West Ham again, bring on the start of the season.
Hammer Smith

Post by Hammer Smith »

Another win :shock:
Somebody pinch me!
Guvnor1

Post by Guvnor1 »

To be honest I went away from the game totally disappointed.

Despite the numbers today I thought the support wasnt that voiciferous (wtf i mean loud haha.) Out of the 10k attendance I reckon we had 4-5k.

I thought Green, Hitz, Scotty P, Coley all had good games and there were a few pleasing other performance by Dyer, Diamante daprela and Noble when they came on.

I must say that I thought that we didnt create many chances 1st half and Ipswich did have 3-4 clear cut chances in the entire match which is quite worrying. Any Premier league team wouldve scored at least 2 of those chances IMO.

The official site said Stanislas played RB for a while, I cant ever remember him being on the pitch. Though the RB's were in this order..... Tomkins, Dyer, Specs.

Oh and the dead snakes 2nd half free kick was one of the worst attempts Ive ever seen. Almost hit the left corner flag when the 25-30 yard free kick was the right side of the D. Truely shocking.

Saying that, a win is a win and im pleased that we have instilled a winning mentality. On the other hand, Blackburn lost every pre-season match the year they won the title. :think:
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1037 likes

Post by stu1 »

Anyone got a link for the goal?

Guvnor1

Post by Guvnor1 »

stu1 wrote:Anyone got a link for the goal?

Today was very much like a 4-5-1 so was very wide. Did Ok, without being spectacular. Barrera looked sharp for the 20 mins he came on. We have got proper competition for places now :crest:
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

with regards to McCarthy and anyone else not laying today - We have a game against Southend on Tuesday.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

The game needed an early goal to liven it up and what a piss poor turnout by Ipswich fans. 5000 of them at best. The atmosphere was good at the beginning but tapered off.

As pre season games go I thought our players did OK but it was obvious they had the foot off the pedal. Upson didn't look too bad, certainly managed to stride down the touchlines OK so I think he'll be OK. Hitz was impressive again and it's a pity Boa Morte took that free kick instead of him. Bizarre seeing Stanislas playing RB in the second half!
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

miles wrote:Making the players pay for their own food seems to have worked wonders...
It might be the food they are being made to pay for......
WestHamByTheSea
Location: Turning the TV off, making some tea, and saying modern life well it's rubbish...

Post by WestHamByTheSea »

libero wrote:Am I right in reading on the OS that Cole played 90 mins and McCarthy didn't even get off the bench? :?
No - apparently McCarthy simply couldn't get off the bench...
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

WestHamByTheSea wrote: No - apparently McCarthy simply couldn't get off the bench...
:lol: :thup:
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

If anyone has not seen the goal.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

davids cross wrote:All seems to be going rather well, it's extremely worrying......... :lol:
:lol:
continental skills
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 19 likes

Post by continental skills »

miles wrote:Making the players pay for their own food seems to have worked wonders...
Not too sure about the new team bus in the first picture, though
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

I can't help thinking, Juande Ramos when he keep winning all our pre-season games.

Ever the opportunist. :lol: