PSF: Ipswich Town 0 West Ham Utd 1 (31/07/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1322 likes

Re: Ipswich v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by davids cross »

All seems to be going rather well, it's extremely worrying......... :lol:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 689 likes
Total likes: 2032 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

travisbickle wrote: hopefully the fat f**k will go the same way as Mido. He's done NOTHING since he's been with us.
He's been with us 6 months and hasn't been fit to play :lol:.

I think he needs a chance first...scored a great goal in pre-season, looks fitter than he did, let's just see how he goes.
Iron Spine v2.0
Location: You don't wanna go and eat a snack like that! You'll end up with your teeth all grey,

Post by Iron Spine v2.0 »

We are seeing the long term benefits of Sully's ****ing off of the team. :thup:
travisbickle

Post by travisbickle »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:He's been with us 6 months and hasn't been fit to play .
6 mths should be enough to lose the baggage. He's supposed to be a professional athlete! As you say, lets see how he goes (if he stays!)
ShortyP

Post by ShortyP »

Just got back from the game, McCarthy was not there, nor was Bahrami!
Both on the way??
Beachy32

Post by Beachy32 »

travisbickle wrote:
hopefully the fat f**k will go the same way as Mido. He's done NOTHING since he's been with us.

He has IMO.

He's made me appreciate Carlton more.
Hayden
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Hayden »

ShortyP wrote:Just got back from the game, McCarthy was not there, nor was Bahrami!
Both on the way??
We won't be getting rid of McCarthy... He could have picked up a knock or anything... The site did say he was on the bench, that's strange.
Gator_Hammer
Location: It is not guilty that man who eat the pie but one that gives it.

Post by Gator_Hammer »

Iron Spine v2.0 wrote:We are seeing the long term benefits of Sully's c***ing off of the team. :thup:
:lol:
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

we have done well in these pre seasons.
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

travisbickle wrote: hopefully the fat f**k will go the same way as Mido. He's done NOTHING since he's been with us.
He scored the other day... admittedly in a friendly, and was injured shortly after arriving...

I just wanted to point out how pathetically over-exaggerated your post is
Iron-ic x

Post by Iron-ic x »

Just got back from the game. Thought our defence did very well even with the changes throughout the game, Green had a good game not too much pressure and delt well with what was thrown at him, he took some stick from the idiots behind him chanting USA in the second half. Would have liked us to have scored a couple more just to shut them up!

Hitz is the business, worked really well with Parker and for those of us that did get to go made it clear we want Parker to focus on staying with us!

Dyer looked pretty good and to be honest not a bad display from the entire team I think we can be quite confident going into this season.

Really good west ham crowd again outnumbering them despite a friendly, makes me proud to support west ham we always get good away crowds and very vocal :P
Last edited by Iron-ic x on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

Hayden wrote: He scored the other day... admittedly in a friendly, and was injured shortly after arriving...

I just wanted to point out how pathetically over-exaggerated your post is
I am sorry but he had a 3-5 week injury at max in February, it is now August!

I go to work and could easily get in shape from a starting wieght of 20 stone over that period of time, all you need is a little bit of commitment and effort.

Where as that fat ****'s "work" involves being fit, what the f*** else has he got to do in his life apart from get fit, but no he would rather just eat and do f*** all whilst getting paid a bucket load.

Generally a lazy fat f*** all round, who i cant wait to f*** off!
Hayden

Post by Hayden »

Iron-ic x wrote:Just got back from the game.
How about Piquionne and Barrera?
Iron-ic x

Post by Iron-ic x »

How about Piquionne and Barrera?[/quote]

Barrera looked good but would have liked to have seen a bit more of him as he came on quite late in the second half, again the same with Piquionne would like to have seen more but in my opinion both looked good and I think they will settle in well, Barrera looks like he will be very creative from what I saw pretty nippy.
Carlos-E12

Post by Carlos-E12 »

Have to say I was pleased with both Piquionne and Barrera. Piquionne went on a few runs and nearly scored. Both were linking well too. All in all positive start! cant wait till Sat
Carlos-E12

Post by Carlos-E12 »

Also Green was giving us a thumbs up every five minutes which was good

dealt with the stick pretty well made 2 good saves
Iron-ic x

Post by Iron-ic x »

Carlos-E12 wrote:Have to say I was pleased with both Piquionne and Barrera. Piquionne went on a few runs and nearly scored. Both were linking well too. All in all positive start! cant wait till Sat
Totally agree very positive I'm really looking forward to the start of the season we are finally getting a bit of strength in depth too.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 207 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Iron-ic x wrote:Just got back from the game. Thought our defence did very well even with the changes throughout the game, Green had a good game not too much pressure and delt well with what was thrown at him, he took some stick from the ideots behind him chanting USA in the second half. Would have liked us to have scored a couple more just to shut them up!
Irony at it's finest. Just seen the username too.
Guv'nor

Post by Guv'nor »

Geez! this is the best run we've had in years......thats our season best gone now. back to reality come 15th Aug. :wink:
Cambridge_hammer

Post by Cambridge_hammer »

I went to the game today and must admit i didnt think we were that great against an Ipswich side who i dont think are very good(my ipswich mate will say different he was impressed with them :? ) I thought we lacked abit of creativity still. Hitz was good along with parker and Cole. Very Impressed with Tomkins and Da Costa, didnt miss Upson for a second. Good to see Dyer fit and did ok. Faubert did ok but i wish he would try go past a player. Noble did well when he came on, Boa Morte was pretty Average and Diamanti did ok going forward but less so going back.

Good to meet a Fellow member of the KUMB family. Hope you enjoyed the game and had a safe journey home fella.

Oh and also F*cking fantastic support. Very dissappointed in the Ipswich numbers though, never seem it that empty before. I reckon we had more than they did.