PSF: Ipswich Town 0 West Ham Utd 1 (31/07/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

RUNWELL RAY

Re: Ipswich v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by RUNWELL RAY »

I went to the game has the boy talked me round, we do not normally bother with preseason games & I now remember why.
I thought Ipswich were poor & will not be pushing for promotion but they did cause us problems at set pieces due to our poor marking. Premiership teams will punish us unless we get it sorted.
I though Green, Parker & Cole looked good. I liked Piquenne movement but Hitzslberger (sorry about the spelling of the last 2 names) looked a great signing.
On yesterdays performance if we can keep the players fit I think we will finish midtable & be comfortable but if we have a few injuries it could be another relegation fight.
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Anyone got a link to the goal?.
Iron Mark
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Iron Mark »

Yes, on the previous page.
lukeWHU

Post by lukeWHU »

I went to the game yesterday, and for what it is worth, these are my thoughts:

- we still look poor at the back. We seem to have a problem defending crosses. A new centre half is needed.

- I think Tomkins is poor. He doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. He was still making the same errors yesterday as he was at the beginning of last season. He just needs to do the basics well, but he is always trying to be clever when he gets the ball.

- thought Parker was average (although that is all he needed to be against a poor Ipswich side). Noble had a good second half.

- Piquionne looked good. I liked him when I saw him play for Portsmouth and said that we should have signed him then. We should start with him and Cole.

- Love him or hate him, Dyer was our best player.

- Love him or hate him, Diamantri was creative when he came on. He is better than Boa Morte, who did not have a good game. I cant see BM getting in the side.

- Greeno had a good game. He obviously appreciated the vocal support he got from us.

- Great support. An unbelievable turn out for an pre-season away friendly.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

heres my two penneths worth

Hitz and parker - v good
robert 'clean sheet' green - couple of good saves - dealt with the abouse brilliantly
dyer - good runs - like a new signing !!
cole - held it up well

all the others did ok

game overall was boring

excellent support from our lot - was in behind the goal with the farmers - their support was ****ing **** (west ham shirts everywhere must have had half of the attendence)

the farmers were moaning about the price of tickets - they thought the club were ripping them off. thats why numbers were low.

Im never again not watching the game in amongst my own kind - its just not worth it :crest: til i die