PSF: Southend Utd 1 West Ham Utd 1 (03/08/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: Southend Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by hadleighhammer »

Was the keeper Kurucz? Looked ok and solid on crosses 1st half then seemed to have a head rushed 2nd half for some inexplicable reason.
Spector worked hard. Still **** though.
Daprela was solid if uninspiring going forward.
Thought Kovac, Da Costa and Gabbidon (MOTM) where very good. Big bonuses there.
Edgar had some nice touches as did Diamanti although he always wanted more time on the ball than he was ever going to get. Still a much better player in the middle than on the wing, but some will never be happy.
Barrera was also wanting far too much time, but had some nice spells and got better as the game went on. Will take time to get used to the English game I think.
Stanislas was alright, but won't be a Prem winger IMO.
Piqueonne had very little decent service, but even so should have won far more in the air and held the ball up a lot more than he did.

As per usual, they day out was far better than the game. Still a lack of creativity there, but good to wingers and us playing with width!
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

irving boleyn wrote:Having said that......

Had a really lousy view from bottom row right behind the corner flag (behind where the free kick was taken)

Makes me love my Seat in the DMU...practically on the half way line.,an incomparable panarama spread before
me
!

A bit like CH's babe of the day today :lol:
CraigF

Post by CraigF »

Did anyone else think Barrera looked ok last night? granted, it was only the Southend defence he was running at, but he wanted the ball a lot and looks like he might be a decent creative spark for us next season.

However, i though Piqiuone (sp?) left a lot to the imagination, i wasnt particuarly impressed with him at Pompey either.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

It's very hard to judge a player's performance, but you can get a jist of a player's habits.

Barrera looked keen to cut inside, as much as he did to go out wide, which is a promising sign of variety.
billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by billybondsballbag »

I haven't got time to read the entire thread, but can someone sum the game up by saying a) we're getting relegated, or b) we're winning the Prem?
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

billybondsballbag wrote:I haven't got time to read the entire thread, but can someone sum the game up by saying a) we're getting relegated, or b) we're winning the Prem?
Read hadleigh's view of the game, as every single aspect of it (including God's MOTM) is absolutely correct.
CraigF

Post by CraigF »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:It's very hard to judge a player's performance, but you can get a jist of a player's habits.

Barrera looked keen to cut inside, as much as he did to go out wide, which is a promising sign of variety.
Of course yea, I can see Barrera being a fantastic outlet down the right. and hopefuly with some quality end product it might just be what we lacked last year. Behrami, for all his work and ability is not a creative player on the right. Just gotta fill the left now!
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:
Read hadleigh's view of the game, as every single aspect of it (including God's MOTM) is absolutely correct.
:shock:

Bloody hell, and I was pissed enough to think Nouble was Carlton Cole :oops: :lol:
MonkeyHarris

Post by MonkeyHarris »

hadleighhammer wrote:Bloody hell, and I was pissed enough to think Nouble was Carlton Cole :oops: :lol: