Aston Villa 3 West Ham United 0 (14/08/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Trap1
Total likes: 23 likes

Re: Aston Villa v West Ham United: match thread

Post by Trap1 »

Fred,

I'll carry this on PM if you want - I think everyone is getting bored.
Northern Paulo
Punster extraordinaire

Post by Northern Paulo »

Could we use the pm system for any personal issues/disagreements please, and try and keep this fred on trapic (did you see what I did there?) please. Ta. :D :thup:
Fred Poster

Post by Fred Poster »

Trap1 wrote:Fred,

I'll carry this on PM if you want - I think everyone is getting bored.
It is 2:00am, there are 9 people online and they are all very drunk, I can't see them finding this boring chum!
Fred Poster

Post by Fred Poster »

Northern Paulo wrote:Could we use the pm system for any personal issues/disagreements please, and try and keep this fred on trapic (did you see what I did there?) please. Ta. :D :thup:
Now that was a very funny play on words.

Why would I wan't to go all PM and leave sharp late night humour like that behind! :lol:
Northern Paulo
Punster extraordinaire

Post by Northern Paulo »

Fred Poster wrote: Now that was a very funny play on words.

Why would I wan't to go all PM and leave sharp late night humour like that behind! :lol:
I'm all spent up now. I can only manage it once a day. My missus reckons its my age....
Rode one wrong

Post by Rode one wrong »

Postby dodger on Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:29 pm

"The only bright spark for me is that we at least don't have to hear Zola say afterwards "I wasn't expecting that"."

No, instead we got "I don't know [what's wrong]". Most encouraging.

I have no idea why anyone would expect more from a manager who relegated his team last season over our last manager who didn't.
Finishing Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Finishing Hammer »

I think it was quite obvious that the team were not properly prepared before the match. Villa were going to react in one of two ways from O'Neills exit - crumble or come out fighting. Obviously the latter occurred and we just could not match their pace or intensity.

The Hammers did not start with the intensity you would assume with being the first game of the season. That was proven by the lack of willingness to close down players and most importantly when they had possession (where they wanted too much time on the ball and were closed down way too easily).

What I don't understand is that when it became apparent that Villa were going 'mental', we should have been smart enough to tuck our midfielders in, park the bus and weather the storm. I have not seen a team, Club or International, who can play with 100% intensity, mistake-free, 100% of the time. So we should have been patient and waited for the pace to slow. Instead we panicked and became shell-shocked.

The back five really struggled and that affected our chances of going forward. I forget how many times we trying playing out and either missed our mark or put other players under extreme pressure, but I know it was too many. The panic also spread to our midfielders whose distribution was poor, evidenced by trying to force pases. I think it is unfair to judge Faubert and LBM when the players that were feeding them had extremely poor games.

Anyway, hoping that next week we'll fair a bit better. I'm disappointed but not disillusioned ... yet!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Couldn't watch the game but was told we looked out of depth and clueless. Sounds like an Avram Grant team. I was very disappointed when he was appointed because I thought he was the safe option. He's a good motivator but doesn't have a good track record at building teams, a good caretaker if you will. He loves a good moan so we'll get a lot more of 'em this season, too bad the football's going to be toilet.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 207 likes
Total likes: 657 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Fred,

You obviously have little understanding of how the football world works, and frankly you are starting to come accross a little juvenile, which I suspect you are.

The club recieves many calls and contacts from agents and from directors at other clubs, sometimes but rarely the manager. Some calls are offering players some are asking if players are available or some just ask to be told if a player becomes available.

Agents representing the players make there money from player transfers and a lot less money from new contracts. Players also get loyalty payments and pay offs if they are transfered at the clubs wanting. Players do not get a lot of these payments if they request a transfer.

There are can also be two often three "advisers" working on behalf of young foreign stars all trying to get a piece of the pie.

The club must contact the selling club unless the player is a free agent (or you are Redknapp), sometimes the agents/advisers will tell the club that players have x or y clause in there contract to push contact.

So quite often we register an interest in a player officially with the club who will then contact the agent. The agent will sound out a deal before contacting the player. If the selling club are being difficult, the agent will use the press or even other players to force the club into a position where they will have to sell or risk an unhappy player.

Behrami is a good example of this where the agent got a massive payment for him coming, the player wont get a new contract yet so the agent is looking for another payoff. He goes to Italy and says to clubs that Behrami has a contract for x and y and would love to play in Italy. Someone syas thats just the type of player Roma are looking for. Agent says to club improve his contract or Roma will be in for him and the club will lose him. Club says no contact has been made officially so no contract negotiations etc. Agent goes to player and says club are blocking move to Roma and talks to press.

In all this information is leaked and counter leaked by the club and the agents and even the player in order to get what each party wants. So it may be that when someone reports something on here that to the best of their knowledge that is the position. It is unfair of you to act like a playground bully and a spoilt child when things don't come off.

If you don't want to read things don't read them but others may want to and its not for you to judge that. Just put Trap on your foe list and you wont have to read another of his posts.
Westcliff Hammer

Post by Westcliff Hammer »

Trap, Feel free to carry on with your insights there good to read and its a matter of opinion what people choose to believe, I have been sceptical of you're post in the past but but you do add spmething to this forum and it would be a shame if some prick like Fred is digging you out.
This is becomming a reoccuring theme on KUMB some very good and reliable and well educated posters have been driven away by silly little jumped up tossers, Posters like CHALKS who's posts add something to the forum in my opinion are sorely missed.

BAGGIOBERGKAMP does in my opinion hold the key to the ITK status but please don't let small minded oxygen thieves stop you from posting on this site.
Back to the Villa game, For ****'s sake come Monday evening when Newcastle get turned over quite heavily by Man Yoo we'll be outta the bottom three it's a marathon not a sprint we have about 2 weeks of the window left im pretty sure there'll be some ins and outs to come,

Tomkinsis going through a rough time and jumping on the kids back aint gonna help the lad is it?? I don't think he'll make the top grade but while he's out there ****ing him off we'll only make things worse, Do you think he ****'s up on purpose? Nope, He's part of a defence that has f*** all confidence im sure this will sorted in time
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 308 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

We still can't defend crosses (and the whole league knows it), we still have no creativity and we still have too many players out of their depth and too many you wouldn't want alongside you in the trenches.

It will take time for players like Berrera and Reid to settle (if they ever do) hopefully hitz will take less time. For now we need our senior players to carry the load, Parker had one of those 'what the hell am I doing here' games and I would be amazed if he doesn't go. If/when he does we are all out of what little fighting spirit this group contains.
Longneck'd Iron

Post by Longneck'd Iron »

I was sitting opposite the Hammers fans yesterday. They were in fine voice (he's not as bad as Heskey :lol: ) right up till the 3rd goal went in. By the end of the game 90% of them had left. If I wasn't tucking into a Prawn sandwich, I'd have joined em.
dscpotts

Post by dscpotts »

Its a sad state when I have to say Kovac looked our best player (he did win 2 headers). When i say best, I do mean if you had to pick pick a turd out of a field full of turds you would pick the one with the least flies on it.

After all the foul ups Tomkins did last season I thought he might have actualy come back stronger this season, but no, its straight back to making catastrophic errors, but I dont hold him totaly to blame, Upson is the captain, and is positioned right next to Tomkins, I didnt see him advising Tomkins, or being vocal at all to anyone in fact. Complete opposite of what a captain should be in my opinion.

I would have said Parker should be captian, but he looked like he didnt want to be there either, hopefully that is a one off, hopefully he isnt just waiting for twitchy to put in a ludicrus bid.

Like some have said, we looked better for 15 to 20 mins after the break, but typical of us we dont turn preasure into goals and soon we slip back into giving balls away, possesion and the inevitable goals.

I dread to think how bad bolton are gonna bully and batter this team of wimps next week. There is no way Tomkins should play, not just because he played like an amatuer yesterday, but because I really dont think he is good enough to face a physical team like Bolton (or any premier leagie team in fact. He really does need a season in the championship. The boy is the only player for me that has come through the ranks and just doesnt look like he shouldnt have.

At least from the first showing we have Wigan and West Brom that are worse than us. We just need one more team to get a points deduction and we might just be ok this season.
Bamber Gascoigne
Has liked: 107 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Bamber Gascoigne »

bristolhammerfc wrote:Fred,

You obviously have little understanding of how the football world works, and frankly you are starting to come accross a little juvenile, which I suspect you are.

The club recieves many calls and contacts from agents and from directors at other clubs, sometimes but rarely the manager. Some calls are offering players some are asking if players are available or some just ask to be told if a player becomes available.

Agents representing the players make there money from player transfers and a lot less money from new contracts. Players also get loyalty payments and pay offs if they are transfered at the clubs wanting. Players do not get a lot of these payments if they request a transfer.

There are can also be two often three "advisers" working on behalf of young foreign stars all trying to get a piece of the pie.

The club must contact the selling club unless the player is a free agent (or you are Redknapp), sometimes the agents/advisers will tell the club that players have x or y clause in there contract to push contact.

So quite often we register an interest in a player officially with the club who will then contact the agent. The agent will sound out a deal before contacting the player. If the selling club are being difficult, the agent will use the press or even other players to force the club into a position where they will have to sell or risk an unhappy player.

Behrami is a good example of this where the agent got a massive payment for him coming, the player wont get a new contract yet so the agent is looking for another payoff. He goes to Italy and says to clubs that Behrami has a contract for x and y and would love to play in Italy. Someone syas thats just the type of player Roma are looking for. Agent says to club improve his contract or Roma will be in for him and the club will lose him. Club says no contact has been made officially so no contract negotiations etc. Agent goes to player and says club are blocking move to Roma and talks to press.

In all this information is leaked and counter leaked by the club and the agents and even the player in order to get what each party wants. So it may be that when someone reports something on here that to the best of their knowledge that is the position. It is unfair of you to act like a playground bully and a spoilt child when things don't come off.

If you don't want to read things don't read them but others may want to and its not for you to judge that. Just put Trap on your foe list and you wont have to read another of his posts.
:thup: :clap:
Fred Poster

Post by Fred Poster »

Bristol.

Fair comment, I will get back to football :thup:
hawkins_hammer
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by hawkins_hammer »

So I take it I'm the only one who thought Upson was our best player and is undroppable/sellable. :lol:
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 583 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

I have just Tomkins fk up that nearly saw Carew score.

This kid should NEVER play for us again, he makes at least one f*** up every game.

He is complete ****.

Edit: Two f*** ups in this game, getting done by Arbrighton at the end.

Reid looks ****ing paceless :lol:
Jarvo

Post by Jarvo »

West Ham Matt wrote:I have just Tomkins fk up that nearly saw Carew score.
I think you'll find that Tomkins expertly directed the ball onto the post to clear the ball and prevent a goal :wink:

:lol:
One Liner

Post by One Liner »

To make something from **** - first you have to break it up - and then add something to it.
:crest:
Welsh Iron

Post by Welsh Iron »

Very disappointed in our showing yesterday but had a great day regardless. As usual, the support was first class. At least up untill the 3rd goal went in. Then people started to leave and the Villa fans had the front to sing 'your support is f**king sh*t'. Did none of them notice the amount of empty seats at their first home game of a new season? Dickheads.

Basically, it was a continuation of last seasons dirge serverd up by a different chef. We can all see what needs to be done and hopefully, so does AG. Lets hope G&S can see it too and put their hands in their pockets. Maybe Mr TB can help out too, with some of the wedge he trousered from when he sold us. His nice new title should'nt come too cheaply now, should it?

Its way too early for knee jerking but with the games we've got coming up it is a little worrying.

Any news on why CC made a beeline for the tunnel at the whistle? No handshakes or crowd acknowledgement from him at all. He just legged it.