Wolves 1 West Ham Utd 1 (16/10/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

osborner69

Wolves 1 West Ham Utd 1 (16/10/10)

Post by osborner69 »

Cant see one for this game on here, so thought I would try my hand at another thread given my last effort was the Stoke one!

Their thug Henry will be banned for this one so Parker & Noble should run the midfield, Obinna & Piquionne should have fun against the likes of Craddock. Hopefully Dyer will be fit too and I would stick with a settled back 4 too. Wolves are going to be bang up for this as they are off the back of a loss v Wigan, and after us they have Ch*lsea, Man City, Man U & Arsenal all in a row :shock:

------------------------------ Green -----------------

Jacobsen-------Da Costa--------Upson--------Gabbidon

-------------------Parker-------------Noble---------------------
Barrera----------------------------------------------------Dyer

-----------------Obinna--------------Piquionne---------------

Me and 9 other herberts are travelling up in a Limo for this one (worked out cheaper than the train!) my first away game of the season and cant wait.
saludo de carlitos

Re: Wolves v West Ham Match Thread

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Hopefully Hitz will play left midfield.
Tophammer
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Tophammer »

------------------------------ Green -----------------

-----------------Cole--------------Piquionne---------------

1-0 West Ham :wink:

Seems like there's still a few tickets remaining in our end.
osborner69

Post by osborner69 »

Tophammer wrote:------------------------------ Green -----------------

-----------------Cole--------------Piquionne---------------

1-0 West Ham :wink:

Seems like there's still a few tickets remaining in our end.
We had only sold about 1200 out of 2500 when I booked our tickets the week before the Sp*rs game, would guess a few more would have been sold since.
Tophammer
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Tophammer »

osborner69 wrote:

We had only sold about 1200 out of 2500 when I booked our tickets the week before the Sp*rs game, would guess a few more would have been sold since.
Lets hope so anyway, could be a bit embarrassing otherwise. The allocation last year didnt even reach club members due to it being the first game of the season.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Playing 4-4-2 against them last term was a bust. I admit that I feel our side is much stronger since the 1-3 drubbing in March, which was one of our worst premier league results since 1993.

In March our team was
R.Green, J.Faubert, J.Tomkins (Spector '45), M.Upson, F.Daprela, V.Behrami, S.Parker, R.Kovac, A.Diamanti, B.McCarthy,C.Cole

Our teamw ill be much changed, and I would imagine we will stick with the 4-5-1/4-4-2 which has been reasonably successful.

I think we will pick up another draw.
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

Surely we have got to win these games if we want to climb to a comfortable position in the Prem.
IronsideNZ

Post by IronsideNZ »

Agree with osborner, going to be a tricky one

I really want to see us bury a few early chances and put them to bed early, I feel if we can score first, in the first half, then we will go on and win, we have been making the chances but there is still a lack of finish. If wolves score first they will lock up and play crap football and this will make winning a pretty tough task.

3-1 to us, Obinax2 and Barrera the other.

Dyer has looked good and I am happy for him to slot back in, still think Boa is not quite fitting in with his passing game and the Hitz, I will trust Avram on when to first inject him
sammer

Post by sammer »

I would go with...

-------------------------------------------Green-------------------------------------------

--------Jacobsen--------Da Costa--------Upson--------Gabbidon--------

-------------------Noble---------------Parker------------Hitzlsperger--------------------

---------Dyer--------------------------------------------------------Obinna----------

----------------------------------------Piquionne------------------------------------------

Subs:- Stech, Ben Haim, Cole, Barrera, Boa Morte, Faubert, Behrami.

I'm going for a sneaky 2-1 win. 1-1 at half-time with Hitzlsperger putting us in the lead and Obinna to get the winner, see what I did there.

-COYI-
:crest:
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Got tickets Sat for this one.Havent been here for a few years allways used to be a bit naughty anybody else whos been recently got any advice.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2427 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

Couple of weeks away this one - does this mean there are more pointless internationals coming up?

Important we get 3 points from this one. Given our poor start, we need to be winning home games against these sorts of teams if we want to give ourselves a fighting chance of crawling out of bottom end sooner rather than later.
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 472 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

Similar to Stoke I reckon, 1-1. Piq again. Good to see one of our strikers scoring.
COYI

Post by COYI »

I'm not criticising anyone's posts here, but, do people seriously expect a player who has been out of action for 2 months to start a Premier League game against one of the league's more physical sides without any full match practise?

Unless he gets a couple of runs out in the reserves in the international break I doubt Hitzlsperger will start.
Upton Larks

Post by Upton Larks »

Went last year, and can confirm that their fans can be a bit unsavoury ... we tend to get forced out of the ground away from the infamous underpass.

From memory, its a case of drinking in Brum city centre (Dragon Inn Wetherspoons by the Aracdian) and then training it into Wolverhampton. ... anyone else got any drinking suggestions?

I fancy us for this. They'll have no Henry and confidence is low. I'm going for a professional 0-2 away win to us.
kthammer

Post by kthammer »

they have beaten stoke, lost to villa and drawn with newcastle at home so far this season - i suspect they will work very hard for 90+ minutes. i will be more than pleased with a draw but a win would really signal a revival and put wolves in trouble.
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by JonG86 »

COYI wrote:I'm not criticising anyone's posts here, but, do people seriously expect a player who has been out of action for 2 months to start a Premier League game against one of the league's more physical sides without any full match practise?
Yes.

-------------------Green

Jacob--DaCosta--Upson--Gabbs

----------Noble--Parker--Hitz

--Dyer--------------------------Obinna--

----------------------Piq
hammer_lad

Post by hammer_lad »

Upton Larks wrote:Went last year, and can confirm that their fans can be a bit unsavoury ... we tend to get forced out of the ground away from the infamous underpass.

From memory, its a case of drinking in Brum city centre (Dragon Inn Wetherspoons by the Aracdian) and then training it into Wolverhampton. ... anyone else got any drinking suggestions?

exactly, sod all the nerdy talk about formations and who might play where two weeks before the game etc. Where's the best place to drink. I seem to remember there was somewhere right next to the station that was ok for away fans but i can't remember the name of it.
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

JonG86 wrote:

Yes.

-------------------Green

Jacob--DaCosta--Upson--Gabbs

----------Noble--Parker--Hitz

--Dyer--------------------------Obinna--

----------------------Piq
It seems that is the team many of us are waiting to see. The midfield at least
If Hitz isn't fit, it's a toss up between Behrami & Kovac for me.
Considering the opposition, I'd be inclined to stick Kovac in the middle of a central midfield 3, allowing Parker & Noble a bit more cover to push forwards.

We owe them, after last season's humiliation at UP, so hopefully will be well up for it
Supersoulfighter
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Supersoulfighter »

Upton Larks wrote:Went last year, and can confirm that their fans can be a bit unsavoury ... we tend to get forced out of the ground away from the infamous underpass.

I fancy us for this. They'll have no Henry and confidence is low. I'm going for a professional 0-2 away win to us.
Would probably be more sensible to drink in Birmingham before heading out, given that there'll obviously be far less Wolves fans there. Anyone know of any decent pubs we can find in Wolverhampton though? I'm going with my 3 brothers who're coming up from Gloucester, and we might all head straight there.
ironeyes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by ironeyes »

sammer wrote:I would go with...

-------------------------------------------Green-------------------------------------------

--------Jacobsen--------Da Costa--------Upson--------Gabbidon--------

-------------------Noble---------------Parker------------Hitzlsperger--------------------

---------Dyer--------------------------------------------------------Obinna----------

----------------------------------------Piquionne------------------------------------------

Subs:- Stech, Ben Haim, Cole, Barrera, Boa Morte, Faubert, Behrami.

I'm going for a sneaky 2-1 win. 1-1 at half-time with Hitzlsperger putting us in the lead and Obinna to get the winner, see what I did there.

-COYI-
:crest:
Yes please. If Hitz is as good as expected, that's got to be our best starting eleven at the moment surely. With Collison to come back too, I think we have enough quality in midfield.