Liverpool 3 West Ham Utd 0 (20/11/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

freddies shears

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by freddies shears »

I just think we gonna do it. call it wind. call it what you want. It does require torres and gerrard getting crocked for the countrys
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

freddies shears wrote:Anybody got any proper suggestions of where to park as only ever been by train. I hear the schools open for car parking but can anybody recomend having actually been their. Plan to get there about 2.30ish. so we can sample a few bowls of scouse prior to kick off not.
Drove last year and parked a couple of minute walk from The Ankle pub in a Petrol station. Paid my tenner, watched a spineless performance from our lot returned to find my motor blocked in and the car next door with a brick through the window.

This year staying in Chester and training in.
Roby
Has liked: 250 likes
Total likes: 257 likes

Post by Roby »

With the recent run of draws plus a few half decent away performances I actually think we have a better than usual chance of picking up a point at Anfield.

I can either see us battling for a 1-1 or 0-0 draw or we get absolutely slaughtered and Torres gets a hat-trick.

I think it'll go either way, lose heavily and surely Grant goes and we get a new boss and new impetus before the crunch game with Wigan.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

freddies shears wrote:Anybody got any proper suggestions of where to park as only ever been by train. I hear the schools open for car parking but can anybody recomend having actually been their. Plan to get there about 2.30ish. so we can sample a few bowls of scouse prior to kick off not.
Parked at Goodison once, about a £5. Strolled down to the main road, McDonalds and a Wetherspoons and a few offy's and other shops.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 838 likes
Total likes: 1983 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

freddies shears wrote:emphasis on proper suggestions. 4 in a car equals 50 percent cheaper.
Howsabout saving 25%

Park it just outside of Birmingham.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Is it right the last fast no changes train back from Lime St is at 7:48pm, as after that the travel time comes up as 11hr 10min :think:
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Pop Robson wrote:Is it right the last fast no changes train back from Lime St is at 7:48pm, as after that the travel time comes up as 11hr 10min :think:
Because by the time you arrive and get in to London, you would have missed the last one to Brentwood, so they base it on the next train, which will be the first of the day the following morning.
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

Dyer's Leg wrote: Because by the time you arrive and get in to London, you would have missed the last one to Brentwood, so they base it on the next train, which will be the first of the day the following morning.
I was only doing the journey to Euston, 3 changes came up Birmingham and MK, must be engineering works.

If anyone is on the train best to double check
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Flipping hell Pop, if that's the case, it will be quicker on the coach. :lol:
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Park at Goodison and walk across the park, about 10 mins. Bring a torch or you'll fall off the bridge in the dark - or tread in some dog **** :lol:
freddies shears

Park at Goodison and walk across the park, about 10 mins. Bring a torch or you'll fall off the bridge in the dark - or tread in some dog sh*t :lol:[/quote]

sounds like an idea only will try and find the dog ***** on the way to the game so i can leave it in the stadium. Might even turn out to be lucky dog ****
saludo de carlitos

Post by saludo de carlitos »

Green
Jacob Tomka Upson Brown
Barrera Parker Noble LBM
Obinna Piq

We will lose by the odd goal imo. :cry:
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

---------------------Green------------------
Jacob------Upson-----Gab----Brown
-------Behrami---Parker---Noble-----
Obinna-------------------------------LBM
----------------------Piq---------------------

More of a 4-5-1 than a 4-3-3, with behrami on the same side as Obinna, as he is less disaplined than LBM. Id give brown ago, as Ilunga is just not cutting it and Brown always seems to get good reviews.

Think the best we can hope for is a battling draw, if im realistic.

Hopefully 1-1 :raver:
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

You guys would seriously play Brown? Thrusting him into the limelight in this game just seems wrong. A youngster with no experience at Anfield when we are playing this badly surely isn't the way to go.

Reserve team football is more than a little different.
stu1
Has liked: 658 likes
Total likes: 1024 likes

Post by stu1 »

fjthegrey wrote:You guys would seriously play Brown? Thrusting him into the limelight in this game just seems wrong. A youngster with no experience at Anfield when we are playing this badly surely isn't the way to go.
I take your point, its just i think Ilunga is useless. I think Brown could do a decent job, in an experienced defence that consists of Gabbidon, Upson and Jacobson, if Da Costa or Tomkins were playing then I wouldn't play him. Hopefully being surrounded by experienced players, he could slot in nicely.

Basically though, in drastic times, drastic measures might be needed. If he could do half aswell as Johnson done when he chucked in at the deep end, i'd be over the moon.
Shanghai Hammer

Post by Shanghai Hammer »

With Woy's lisp I hope that he doesn't go up to Karen Brady after the match and say "Rank my team". That could get messy......
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

Brown.. :lol:

Priceless.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 639 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

--------------------Green

Jaco ----Tomkins ---- Upson ---- Gabbs

Dyer ---- Parker ---- Noble ---- LBM

------------------------ Obinna
------------- Piq

A nice solid 4-5-1 / 4-4-1-1

Behrami, Barrera or Kovac, Cole to come on, depending on how safe our lead is... :lol:
W.H.U

Post by W.H.U »

after reading some of the things on here about parking im thinking not to take the car..... :lol:
freddies shears

W.H.U wrote:after reading some of the things on here about parking im thinking not to take the car..... :lol:

i am still driving and just gonna find some secure parking on arrival ( goodison ) then just relying on my put on scouse accent hey hey hey lar lar lar. alt do it.