Liverpool 3 West Ham Utd 0 (20/11/10)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Re: Liverpool vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by dapablo »

The back end of relegation seasons can be amusing for the fanbase funnily enough, self deprecating humour takes over after the realistion of inevitable doom sets in, you have to take the micky out yourselves before the opposition does. There is a bravado to it also. Still one never knows the future keep up the splendid work gents and we might escape again.
rottiel

Post by rottiel »

sam_whp wrote:Not a single person genuinely travelled expecting a win - but everyone travelled expecting the team to turn up and put in a shift. That is what was frustrating.
I did, but then I am deluded.. :lol:
freddies shears

Post by freddies shears »

Just took my son for a haircut and while waiting i heard some geezer talking to his son about the game whilst looking at pictures in the paper taken at the game.It was evident he had been to see it I could hear him clear and he had a london accent for sure. So i says to him i went all that way to watch a pile of ****. He says to me ( i feel sorry for ya but i took my boy to watch liverpool i am a liverpool fan) Slightly stunned i left having paid near a tenner to have some tart put a coconut on my sons head and cut round it. Small world hey. I live in dorset. We get mocked wherever we move to.
westhamgardner
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by westhamgardner »

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but apparently we lost down to injuries and "The players looked like they wanted to succeed in this game, but something's not going well."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 213327.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WHAT A JOKE :thdn:
comeonyouirons
Location: On the march with Gold & Sullivan to the Olympic Stadium...

Re: Many Thanks

Post by comeonyouirons »

Gioseppe wrote:Many thanks from me too. I hope this will help to get the atmosphere back to our ground.
No chance it's gone for ever. People blame the seats but that's not the only reason. Our boys always went into the seats in the early 1980's and the atmosphere was always there, so what's the seats got to do with it now?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

On a separate note, didn't anyone else pay full whack only to get stuck behind a pole? Thieving scouse gits. :evil:
freddies shears

Post by freddies shears »

[quote="hadleighhammer"]On a separate note, didn't anyone else pay full whack only to get stuck behind a pole? Thieving scouse gits.

no but after half an hour i would of happily swapped with ya :D
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by sutts07 »

Comfortably in my top ten West Ham days out ever!

Set off early and had a day on the beer at Haydock Park... Won a fair few quid too!
Shot over to the Arkles for more beer and some West Ham songs!
Watched a poor performance (say no more) but sang our hearts out and had a real good laugh anyway!
Went into the City and had a blinding night on the tiles by Concert Square... Hats off to the Scousers... really friendly bunch and not at all what I expected! The ladies especially!

Must say hello, well done and sorry to everyone I staggered into that night! :clap:
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

sutts07 wrote:Comfortably in my top ten West Ham days out ever!

Set off early and had a day on the beer at Haydock Park... Won a fair few quid too!
Shot over to the Arkles for more beer and some West Ham songs!
Watched a poor performance (say no more) but sang our hearts out and had a real good laugh anyway!
Went into the City and had a blinding night on the tiles by Concert Square... Hats off to the Scousers... really friendly bunch and not at all what I expected! The ladies especially!

Must say hello, well done and sorry to everyone I staggered into that night!
Yeah Scouse Birds are always good for a giggle..

& you generally have the success % rate as what you do here witth them too.. :lol: