FAC4: West Ham Utd 3 Nottingham Forest 2 (30/01/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

BubbleBoy

Re: West Ham United Vs Nottingham Forest match thread

Post by BubbleBoy »

prophet:marginal wrote:MEH
just cannot engage any concern at all about this.

In fact, I hope we lose.
Brilliant. :thup:
e17
Has liked: 284 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

I believe O'Neil is cup tied, for those picking their starting 11.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

hammer1975 wrote: 3 points away at blackpool would be massive
That's my view too.

And we haven't won two consec games for ages, so the Forest game is the sacrifice.
e17

Post by e17 »

Going, so hope we don't lose, but massively bolloxed & weirdly still a bit heartbroken about midweek considering it's us & I'm well used to this sort of **** - ALWAYS Hope that we win, but for this one, that we win with Grant playing a load of our youth players.. A serious load of them..

Give people like Montano & Spence a run out if they're available, as well as Sears & Nouble & the likes...

f*** even picking people like Benni or Kieron Dyer. What's the point? Benni swiping and missing balls, & Dyer having to come off after 42 minutes because he has a runny nose.

Give the captaincy to Noble, or if he's rested, Green. Give Upson a "rest".
e17

Post by e17 »

hammer1975 wrote: 3 points away at blackpool would be massive
prophet:marginal wrote:That's my view too.

And we haven't won two consec games for ages, so the Forest game is the sacrifice.
Honestly, I'd rather we won those two than this one too, going or not.

Doesn't mean I hope we lose. The way we are this year, I don't think a win or a defeat means anything for the next game. We'll probably beat Forest, cheer everyone up, get absolutely embarrassingly mullered by Blackpool, & then get a draw with Brum where we play them off the park in the first half & yet don't hold on to a lead.

& we'll have 1 point in the league & a random FA cup trip to some Northern team or something. Yippee.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 446 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I can't see an obvious reason as to why the match kicks off at 2pm on a Sunday! Can anyone answer that one for me? I did fancy going (especially at that price) but we're on tv against Notts County and that takes preference.

Collymore on Talk Sport was saying Birmingham City might go on a run now because their players will be trying to compete for places in the Carling Cup Final. If West Ham can get another cup run together this season then the same thing could apply here. Forest are doing alright in the Championship but this is a winnable tie for you.
Muddy
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Muddy »

e17 wrote:Going, so hope we don't lose, but massively bolloxed & weirdly still a bit heartbroken about midweek considering it's us & I'm well used to this sort of sh*t - .
You and me both.
If we lose on sunday i think i'll be forced to throw meself onto the distrect line.................................which is lucky for me as the ****er is never running.
Woans Left Peg
Dreaming of Malmo
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Woans Left Peg »

prophet:marginal wrote:MEH
just cannot engage any concern at all about this.

In fact, I hope we lose.
I can understand that. A Cup run isn't really in the interest of either club this season. I don't hope we lose but I really won't be too bothered if we do - the worst thing that could happen is a draw and a replay.
btajim - mcfc wrote:I can't see an obvious reason as to why the match kicks off at 2pm on a Sunday! Can anyone answer that one for me? I did fancy going (especially at that price) but we're on tv against Notts County and that takes preference.
I think because if your lot had lost to Leicester, WHU v Forest would have been on TV and presumably they had to fix the time of the game before they knew the result of the Leicester tie.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

btajim - mcfc wrote:I can't see an obvious reason as to why the match kicks off at 2pm on a Sunday! Can anyone answer that one for me? I did fancy going (especially at that price) but we're on tv against Notts County and that takes preference.
Because had you not been able to beat Leicester in your replay we would have been the Sunday kick off on the TV, the police wanted a date set before the replay so we had to make it 2pm on a sunday, when no trains are running....
e17

Post by e17 »

e17 wrote:Going, so hope we don't lose, but massively bolloxed & weirdly still a bit heartbroken about midweek considering it's us & I'm well used to this sort of sh*t - .
Muddy wrote:You and me both.
If we lose on sunday i think i'll be forced to throw meself onto the distrect line.................................which is lucky for me as the f***er is never running.
Haha! I might choose throwing meself under the number 58... But knowing my luck, will survive and just get dragged along Green street and straight into a pile of plod horse ****.

Therefore I choose overdose by fried onions instead. so "3 burgers outside the ground", basically. Or maybe a 'jumbo burger' & a half.

Or I'll just lick a urinal in the East Stand. Probably the burger options quicker and more fail-safe.
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

e17 wrote: Haha! I might choose throwing meself under the number 58... But knowing my luck, will survive and just get dragged along Green street and straight into a pile of plod horse sh*t.

Therefore I choose overdose by fried onions instead. so "3 burgers outside the ground", basically. Or maybe a 'jumbo burger' & a half.

Or I'll just lick a urinal in the East Stand. Probably the burger options quicker and more fail-safe.
:lol:
If all else fails there's the pub. Then you can be miserable and skint in the morning. But hey, that's never stopped me before.
e17

Post by e17 »

Truth is Muddy - you & I are both going to sit there, feeling all muggy & bemused at what we're doing over there for yet another ****ing weekend, cheering a moment or two of enjoyment, & scrunching our faces up at a ton of inadequacies and averageness, while generally being a bit bored & naively shocked that they're not somehow 'rewarding' us after THAT midweek torture, & yet strangely non-plussed after having our dreams fade and die in one flippin' knock out competition already this season...

& then we're gonna get up at half time, debate with those we're with how that was a bit ropey, scramble about for refreshments and a piss, walk back to our rickety seats, & return to playing our part in the predictably muted cup game atmosphere, a bonus of which will be watching the traveling Forest fans making a ton of noise, & possibly, hopefully, the odd scrambled West Ham goal in an otherwise unconvincing performance.

Then we're going to both walk out, get annoyed at how **** and difficult what should be a straightforward journey home is, have a drink or three, & then later on, probably come on here and defend random players who looked **** on a stream and were actually indeed ****, but looked strangely alright lumping it up in the air with the top of their head from where we sit.

You know I'm right mate. It's the West Ham way.
:lol:
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 446 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Woans Left Peg wrote:I think because if your lot had lost to Leicester, WHU v Forest would have been on TV and presumably they had to fix the time of the game before they knew the result of the Leicester tie.
I would've preferred 3pm on a Saturday for our match. Alot of Blues back home are struggling to find trains on a Sunday morning to get to Nottingham in time.

2pm on a Sunday. Rubbish.
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

I could'nt of put that any better myself, summed up perfectly to a tee!
Woans Left Peg
Dreaming of Malmo
Has liked: 19 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Woans Left Peg »

btajim - mcfc wrote:I would've preferred 3pm on a Saturday for our match. Alot of Blues back home are struggling to find trains on a Sunday morning to get to Nottingham in time.

2pm on a Sunday. Rubbish.
Football at 3pm on a Saturday? Don't talk *****, who'd want to spend their Saturday afternoon watching football? It would never catch on, you'd kill football if you did that.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2480 likes
Total likes: 4377 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

If we win this (I suspect we won't) then we're in the last 16 with a 50% chance of drawing a lower league team for a QF place.

All these people saying, "don't care" will soon start changing their minds.

For me, I'd rest as many of the front 6 who played Wednesday night as I can - and bring in replacements.

So, Ba, Piquionne, Obinna, Sears all ought to play.

Central midfield is a concern. Perhaps Specs and kovac, or maybe LBM or Dyer.
Last edited by bubbles1966 on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Despite my season ticket giving me a cheaper ticket, I don't thin I've ever cared about a game less.

Which is sad as it's the Fa cup against a proper team in Forest.
Muddy

Post by Muddy »

Matt of iron wrote:Despite my season ticket giving me a cheaper ticket, I don't thin I've ever cared about a game less.

Which is sad as it's the Fa cup against a proper team in Forest.
Once we go one nil down you'll be jumping up and down and pulling your hair out and shouting abuse left right and centre. Mark my words!
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Sounds from Groves that the line-up could ba a bit "All change".
Boom Kid
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Boom Kid »

dapablo wrote:Sounds from Groves that the line-up could ba a bit "All change".
No offence mate but what does that c*** know - like supposed to be a defensive coach - yeah my ****ing arse - so where was his defensive coaching wednesday ****ing night.