Blackpool 1 West Ham Utd 3 (02/02/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Re: Blackpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by Morocco Mole »

What exactly did Reid do wrong? Big pressure out their tonight...the boy done alright for me. Loads of heart. :thup:
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Gonna be struggling in defence Sun...did Gabbs do his hamstring and whats wrong with Upson?
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

That'll do nicely, thank you very much. Sunday is now massive for us.
claretcloggy

Post by claretcloggy »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:I know this is jumping the gun??

But,it must be clear to see that the REAL reason West Ham have been sh*te this season,is down purely to the quality of players we have in our squad.Just with O'Neil & Keane added to the side,we played some really good stuff(i think we've played decent in the majority of games this season) but Keane gave us a real cutting edge.

I know its only one game,but we looked a real side tonight.We've been crying out for a proper goalscorer/finisher for years now...We've been so f**king poor in the final '1/3' for the past 3 seasons.

If we started the season with Keane,O'Neill,Ba & Bridge we'd be sitting in the top 8 & comfortable.

Anyone gonna join me in saying 'Well done Avram tonight'.??? Played spot on the right side & tactics vs Blackpool :thup:

All in my opinion
ofcourse..we slate the manager when we lose..we must also congratulate him when we win; well done avram

but do something about your half time team talk FFS!!
sw3hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sw3hammer »

we are now evens for relegation from 6/4 ON
Betfair now has:
wigan 1.46
wolves 1.50
west brom 3.25
birmingham 4.0
blackpool 3.3
i fancy a sneaky few quid on newcastle at 12.0 - who's going to score for them? Ameobi injured as well today.....
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Morocco Mole wrote:What exactly did Reid do wrong? Big pressure out their tonight...the boy done alright for me. Loads of heart. :thup:
I'm not sure...he's a young player learning his trade, he's been given minutes here and minutes there to gain experience. Apart from the Aston Villa game where he was torn a new ****hole, although was played right back, any of the other games he's played in he's done O.K.

People have to remember, when we sit there and invite constant pressure, he's got a big job to do.
Believer
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 735 likes

Post by Believer »

kitthehammer wrote:
newcastle if they dont pick up an out of contract striker. ameobi went off with a fractured cheekbone.
I know of one that is available !!
Irrons
Has liked: 1267 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Irrons »

Muddy wrote:Great first half, sh*t second half. A better team would've punnished us big time in the second half. We invited so much pressure on ourselves it was untrue.
Yep. As I said lucky they had Beattie up front. We were a little bit better holding onto possession than usual but still gave the ball away very easily when we shouldn't have. We were under pressure for the whole of the second half but good to come through it and not concede. Still think Reid and Tomkins looked very shaky at times and agree that a better opponent would have punished us with the amount of balls we left free in our penalty area. All things considered though its a great result and starts to pile pressure on the teams around us.
BubbleBoy

Post by BubbleBoy »

Amazing how people see things so differently.
Not digging anyone out, just interesting.
Personally I think Boa-Morte and Faubert have not been that bad recently, and Upson is still one of our better centre backs.

On the :lol: Dick McNasty is looking back to his old miserable self on SSN right now.
A real difference from the confident manager who spoke to the press before the 3-1 win at the Boleyn last season.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:I know this is jumping the gun??

But,it must be clear to see that the REAL reason West Ham have been sh*te this season,is down purely to the quality of players we have in our squad.Just with O'Neil & Keane added to the side,we played some really good stuff(i think we've played decent in the majority of games this season) but Keane gave us a real cutting edge.

I know its only one game,but we looked a real side tonight.We've been crying out for a proper goalscorer/finisher for years now...We've been so f**king poor in the final '1/3' for the past 3 seasons.

If we started the season with Keane,O'Neill,Ba & Bridge we'd be sitting in the top 8 & comfortable.

Anyone gonna join me in saying 'Well done Avram tonight'.??? Played spot on the right side & tactics vs Blackpool :thup:

All in my opinion
Not with the back line we've had.
UptonHammer

Post by UptonHammer »

Obinna's 2nd was 30 yarder in top corner :shock: wow!
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Morocco Mole wrote:What exactly did Reid do wrong? Big pressure out their tonight...the boy done alright for me. Loads of heart. :thup:
Exactly what I was thinking.

People may not have confidence in the fella at the moment, but it's no reflection on his actual performances.

Seemed pretty assured with Tomkins when he came on.
hammer1975
Has liked: 933 likes
Total likes: 1088 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

he wins most headers but looks unsure on the deck sometimes. think he'll come good but won't be sending diagonal long distance balls - maybe stick to no nonsense-99z defending whilst he learns his trade
k-r-c
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by k-r-c »

Wonder how Da Costa got on tonight.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Morocco Mole wrote:What exactly did Reid do wrong?
Not a lot from what I saw MM - though I turned off with 20 to go so as not to jinx.

Thing is, people watch the game racked with emotion and tension and over-react.

I find that watching the game again, when you already know the score, gives a better sense of perspective.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3445 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote:Why is it ALWAYS when West Ham play a side,the opponents are 'gash'?
Seven defeats in eight games says they're gash (at the moment). But you can only beat what's infront of you.

Great night for us ... Newcastle and Blackpool dropping like lead farts and Wolves' confidence given another knock with that late goal.
GeorgeParris'Pet

Post by GeorgeParris'Pet »

Nights like tonight make it all worthwhile. Even the long drive home! Cracking atmosphere, great to see Grant come over at the end and throw his scarf. Cracking 2nd from Obinna
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

GeorgeParris'Pet wrote:Nights like tonight make it all worthwhile. Even the long drive home! Cracking atmosphere, great to see Grant come over at the end and throw his scarf. Cracking 2nd from Obinna
Scarf in the crowd? He must be leaving (like the last 3 times he's done it) :lol:.
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

great win
Gator_Hammer wrote:Why does Sullivan wear a Josef Stalin hat?
:lol: every russian has one of these. it's called 'ushanka' Image
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

Agree. It was the same against Forrest, he had to cover the awful Gabbidon most of the game. I like the guy and considering he is still only the same age as Tomkins, he's done well to get into the English game. He's probably 5th choice CB behind Upson, Tomkins, Da Costa and Gabbidon but he is a VERY good 5th choice. I think with a bit more experience, he'll be great in the future. Good signing after all i think.