Blackpool 1 West Ham Utd 3 (02/02/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

AChicagoHammer

Re: Blackpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by AChicagoHammer »

Trains were in disarray and it took me nearly 45 minutes to walk to the pub, plus another 20 minutes before the bartender was actually able to get the game on, but wow what a performance! Piq was all over the place, Obinna turned in yet another great performance (and what an unbelievable strike!), Parker was Parker, Keane scoring in his debut, so many positives to take from this! Was still disappointed to see us drop back in the later stages of the second, but even that wasn't as bad as it has been in the past.

Now let's absolutely thrash City on Sunday. :raver:
MarshyWHU

So Keane and Obinna both scored

Post by MarshyWHU »

Where the f*** were these acrobatics i'd been promised :lol:
Canadianhammer

Post by Canadianhammer »

Great great stuff!! Well done lads. :clap: What a relief!
I'd love to fleece B'ham on Sunday 4-0. That my friends would be sweet!
Let's get out of the basement. Onwards and upwards....Charge!!!!!!!
shammy

Post by shammy »

Charlie Adams??..Dont make me laugh, Scott Parker danced around him all night until they started kicking him.
JonG86
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by JonG86 »

If Charlie Adams is worth £12m according to Spursenomics, then Scott Parker is worth at least £15m.
shammy

Post by shammy »

I honestly dont rate him at all (Adam), he is just typical of hype over substance, looks a bog standard midfielder to me, no better than Noble thats for sure. Four goals (3 penalties and flukey corner) is not a great return for an attacking midfielder. Im pretty sure Redknappp had never really looked at him, just likes spending other peoples money.
jimmy dean

Post by jimmy dean »

shammy wrote:I honestly dont rate him at all (Adam), he is just typical of hype over substance, looks a bog standard midfielder to me, no better than Noble thats for sure. Four goals (3 penalties and flukey corner) is not a great return for an attacking midfielder. Im pretty sure Redknappp had never really looked at him, just likes spending other peoples money.

Been saying this to my mate all season.... looks a good player but really not sure he is worth the wankfest going on at the mo,saying that if he had left Blackpool i really do think they would be right in the *****
hornsey
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by hornsey »

Charlie Adam is quality
At Upton park he was byfar the best player on the pitch.

IRISH TEVEZ :raver:
beckton

Post by beckton »

Did Adam actually get booked in the end?

Even the commentators on the stream I was watching and then when I lost that on the radio were surprised how he hadn't been booked for his repeated fouls during the game.

Maybe he was frustrated because he didn't get his transfer. :D
shammy

Post by shammy »

hornsey wrote:Charlie Adam is quality

You mean like Scott Parker was last night?
the_real_devonshire

Post by the_real_devonshire »

Great result last night. Just what the doctor ordered. Roll on sunday and another 3 points.

Despite Sky's best attempts to screw things up but putting the very crap Paul Walsh in charge of the commentary we sounded pretty comfortable and even manage to survive a whole 45 minutes without conceeding a goal. Was this the first game in a while where we turned up in both halves?

Interesting to see, in Upson's absence that SSP was made captain. Long may it last.

Well done lads. COYI
the_real_devonshire

hornsey wrote:Charlie Adam is quality

The same Charlie Adam with 6 caps for SCOTLAND??????
farmergiles
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by farmergiles »

the_real_devonshire wrote:The same Charlie Adam with 6 caps for SCOTLAND??????

Referring to a certain Robbie Keane not Adam....!
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

Dyer's Leg wrote:Keane did well tonight. Still don't like him though. Think it was the first time in my life I bit my tongue when WHU have scored.
Well let's just hope and pray that your tongue is truely ****ed by the end of the season :D
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1165 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

The boys done good :crest:
ashbanki
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by ashbanki »

A few insights from last night - Tomkins does not have the confidence without Upson beside him.Robbie Keane is going to be the key to survival - he calmed down the goal scorer theatrics and was more interested in telling Tomkins,et al, to get back in their positions and concentrate.Adam was a bit **** and resorted to going round kicking lumps out of players (mostly Parker) and should have been sent off.
I hope that we can have Upson back for Birmingham,or, at the very least,Da Costa available.Reid is improving, but better teams will rip him and Tomkins to pieces.
dapablo
Sourpuss, grumpy face

Post by dapablo »

Dyer's Leg wrote: Still don't like him though.
Do you think people care ?
Last edited by dapablo on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
the_real_devonshire

hornsey wrote:Referring to a certain Robbie Keane not Adam....!

Humble apologies!
miles
This site...
Has liked: 302 likes
Total likes: 384 likes

Post by miles »

That was the most balanced West Ham side I've seen in over two seasons. We have a decent team now.
Bramwell
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Bramwell »

ashbanki wrote:A few insights from last night - Tomkins does not have the confidence without Upson beside him.Robbie Keane is going to be the key to survival - he calmed down the goal scorer theatrics and was more interested in telling Tomkins,et al, to get back in their positions and concentrate.Adam was a bit sh*t and resorted to going round kicking lumps out of players (mostly Parker) and should have been sent off.
I hope that we can have Upson back for Birmingham,or, at the very least,Da Costa available.Reid is improving, but better teams will rip him and Tomkins to pieces.
All good observations, Ash. I thought the 2 young 'uns at CB did okay, especially under the 2nd half onslaught that was always going to happen, but it needed an experienced head in there. As for Charlie Adam, well - for me - 2010/11 has become the season of 'half season hype'. I was at the home game with Blackpool, and thought Adam was the best player on the pitch. But I ALSO texted a mate at the final whistle saying "I've just watched 2 of this season's 3 relegated teans" (reaaalllly hope I'm wrong now!). That afternoon, the quality on the park was so poor, ANYONE with half a game would have shone. And that's what Charlie Adam is to me...a half decent player; no more, no less. More a Roy Hodgson signing for Liverpool that a Kenny Dalglish one. Adam gets hyped beyond recognition on Talkshite because he's from the same town as pundits like Alan Brazil and Ray Houghton, and if he's connected with Liverpool then in Mickey Quinn's book, he MUST be good.