Blackpool 1 West Ham Utd 3 (02/02/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1273 likes

Re: Blackpool v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by HammerMan2004 »

The big, big challenge is Birmingham on Sunday. If we can get a result there we'll be right in it before the West Brom game.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 497 likes
Total likes: 1273 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Has anybody pointed out just how much running Piquionne did today?

I thought he was brilliant. Certainly good news having competition and the chance for people like Cole to rest up and be on top of his game when we do play him :thup:
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Great result, Superb first half performance, wE should have been well ouT of sight by the end of the first half. Why we drop so deep I will never know...invited on so much pressure. Had we been up against a better team, we would have been punished, make no mistake. Have to say, Reid looked more assured tonight, got his head to the ball on countless occasions...boys at the back need to show a bit more composure though

Great turnout tonight, fab atmos and fair play to grant at the end, although his first attempt at throwing the scarf was very gay!
Av it

Post by Av it »

We're back ladies and gents. Now bring on crushing heartbreak days away! :crest:
lewis100985
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by lewis100985 »

HammerMan2004 wrote:Has anybody pointed out just how much running Piquionne did today?

I thought he was brilliant. Certainly good news having competition and the chance for people like Cole to rest up and be on top of his game when we do play him :thp:
I thought that too, noticed Keane was ordering him, and everyone else around. They were listening as well, it's great. :lol:

Over chuffed tonight, f*** we needed that! Just got to keep it going, COYI!
Topbre_22

Post by Topbre_22 »

Piqui was top drawer today....keane will only get better and scott parker was the usual scott parker.
Obinna's second was tops. He seems to be hitting the target more than the corner flag/row z so good stuff. Could see that his decision making was frustrating everyone but with talent like that you just have to let him do his thing.

Looking very bare at centre back so hopefully da costa can get fit quickly.

Great win....shame man city choked at brum.

:crest:
westhamerica
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by westhamerica »

I don't think we dropped back so deep in the second half, not much different to the first half. Remember several times where Tomka/Reid cut out the ball to the striker well in front of the box.

To me it looked like we were more organized in the second half and less risky, cut out the middle of the field, and forced them down the flanks. Once they were resigned to that they pinned us deep by pushing to the corner flags, delivering deep crosses, pushing the midfield up, and winning corners. Basic football for a side down by two goals in the second half. That said we had our chances in the second half as well and had some spells of possession.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1887 likes
Total likes: 1599 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

hammer wrote: :lol: every russian has one of these. it's called 'ushanka' Image
In't he Norah Jones dad ??
Hackney Hammer

Post by Hackney Hammer »

What a cracker from Obinna. :thup:

Looked as though we took about as many fans there as Blackburn did earlier in the season. And when you consider that the Blackburn game was on a Saturday and its only a short distance away, that's a terrific following from us.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Topbre_22 wrote:Piqui was top drawer today....
Thank God we didnt sell Piquionne to Sunderland for £4m..as some posters believed it was a good deal..

No names mentioned :wink:

As i said before he's crucial to West Ham & a player we must keep....very underrated imo.
Essex

Post by Essex »

Great result today, now onto a full and buzzing bolyn on Sunday

James Tomkins really evolving into the centre back we need him to be if he was playing like this for a top 10 team he would be in the England setup. Its almost a shame that Scotty P will take hammer of the year cause he really has been top drawer this season
devonshire flu
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by devonshire flu »

Anyone joining this thread late on is going to have fun figuring out why I'm posting this:

(as are quite a few of the people who've read all the thread)

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/8596 ... decago.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WCpete
Has liked: 1396 likes
Total likes: 3055 likes

Post by WCpete »

I'm assuming this is Scotty Parker related.
West Ham Matt
Karl Pilkington
Has liked: 160 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by West Ham Matt »

Watched the game and thought we more than deserved it.

I thought however, that Piq was in bits and not his usual self today and that he should have been replaced when the pressure was on. He normally runs the ball but looked off the pace tonight.

O'Neil looks a good signing. He doesn't stop working and reminds me of Bowyer funnily enough, but without being a ****.is

Keane was quiet for the most part, which was mostly down to our lack of service. When he did get the ball though he showed he is a class above and he didn't do that muggy ****ing celebration when he scored, which was nice.

Going in to the game I was 100% sure we would win. They are a championship side and we have too much quality for sides like this, when we turn up. I fully expect us to roll Birmingham over about 3-2 at least too.

Great evening for us.

P.S if Charlie Adam is better than Mark Noble then I am watching a different sport.
Av it

Post by Av it »

What is all this debate about. We won away 3-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm wankered! :raver:
TampaHammer

Post by TampaHammer »

Here's the highlight reel if anyone missed the match...
http://www.themadnews.com/blackpool-vs- ... 2011-14387" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
terrapinstation

Post by terrapinstation »

overchuffed :thup:

excited to see piq and keane get in sync with each other.. there were some definite moments where we might've put a good shot on had they been communicating. someone pointed out how keane was directing players around- really great to see someone with that role up front.

obinna and o'neil on the wings was great, they played their hearts out and were up and down the whole game!

defense passed some big tests in the 2nd half. thank god lars is back in for faubert.

loved the fight out there. piq and the boys scrambling around like crazy, lots of dirty uniforms. great, great stuff.

bring on the brummy c***s
Marchweather

Post by Marchweather »

Piq ran his arse off which was good to see, hunting down Keane's wayward pass! shame he didnt get his deserved goal, its gonna be hard for Ba and Cole to get in the team at the moment, obinna, Piq and Keane all played well
indiehammer

Post by indiehammer »

terrapinstation wrote:someone pointed out how keane was directing players around- really great to see someone with that role up front.
I thought that. It's like having another Scotty Parker upfront. His personality is going to be just as important as his goals!
bobcar

Post by bobcar »

paulhs1 wrote: Reid however has proved on more then one occasion that he just can't cut the mustard in this division and we need to look at off loading him in the summer!
Yes lets not crucify a young player in his first season in the PL. :think: