West Ham Utd 3 Liverpool 1 (27/02/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Liverpool: match thread

Post by Roby »

hornsey wrote:when are our fans gonna learn that they can influence a game when we are ahead, by NOT giving the f***ing ball back to the opposing team when its blasted in the crowd.

I was screaming "keep it keep it " on 3 occasions at least.
but f*** it we still won.
The ref would only add time on for that sort of bull**** anyway mate.
Paddy O'Hammer
Has liked: 511 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by Paddy O'Hammer »

prophet:marginal wrote:Image
Now without being gay and all of that, but how can Upton Girl fancy that blond Qantas stewardess Kovac with these two manly men in the middle.
Hugh Jargon (Old)
Location: The Isle of Lesbos, Cuba- Tottenham redondo corriente con el pene que cuelga fuera

Post by Hugh Jargon (Old) »

Have to say Upson had a great game today considering he was not 100%. He is very camp though ..Pardon?
POP POP POP Robson
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by POP POP POP Robson »

Out of interest when was the last time we've beaten Liverpool? It seems like a long time ago.

On the subject of media coverage on the stream I was watching the commentator said that Cole got a really bad reception last time he came with Chelsea but I thought he always got a good reception
Roby
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 263 likes

Post by Roby »

POP POP POP Robson wrote:Out of interest when was the last time we've beaten Liverpool? It seems like a long time ago.

On the subject of media coverage on the stream I was watching the commentator said that Cole got a really bad reception last time he came with Chelsea but I thought he always got a good reception
1-0 under Curbs - late Noble penalty.
Hammer Matty
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 121 likes

Post by Hammer Matty »

Anyone got a video of Parkers goal which also shows the build up, ones I have seen only show the last 2 or 3 passes

Cheers
Happyhammer93
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Happyhammer93 »

Great result against a team that on paper and in recent weeks have been very good.

Parker, Hitz and Noble look to be great in the Centre of midfield and with O'Neil and Piq either side the teams good on the ball and can put together passes easily and also looks like we have got goals in the team.

Hitz looked a very good player today and in the first half, I felt that he kept Gerrard out of the game with ease whilst also being able to push forward. Tomkins also had a great game today - to be fair everyone had a good game with the poorest players being the full backs but they still played well.

IF we can keep this team fit and get them on the pitch for the rest of the season then we should easily survive - I say easily but we will pick up points and it may be close at the end of season on points but if we hadn't of had the poor run of form at the start of the season then we would have been in a good position - 12th onwards.

:crest:
carlokilkennie
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by carlokilkennie »

i am pissed and happy. come on west ham.marvellous.
coxy
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by coxy »

polar wrote:Did anyone have any Liverpool fans near them in the ground?

I had four in my row. Very funny watching them have to stand up and clap to blend in with the crowd when Parker scored.

Played with a great tempo and sets the blueprint for the remaining games.

As stated before, MOTM - Martin Allen.
I had an absolute prick behind me in the DML, I felt like twatting him at one point. It's one thing to sit in the West Ham end but this bloke was constantly mugging us off. Needless to say I had the last laugh when Cole scored.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

We had some behind us as well.

****ing stupid tit had his kid cheering for 'Stevie G'.

What the f***?
King Guy

Post by King Guy »

w4hammer wrote: tomkins motm
DDRS wrote: thank you for that, I was unsure who got it...
Scotty got official motm.

for me it would have to be upson or tomkins - so glad upson has answered his critics like that, along with greeny's confident performance for once we actually looked solid at the back... although its hard to pick anyone out after everyone showed the talent and commitment they did.

such a great game and a fantastic welcome back to the boleyn for me (first trip down this season), will live long in the memory.

COYI :crest:
Skandi Brudson
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 197 likes

Post by Skandi Brudson »

Delighted to be proven completely wrong on this. Excellent team performance that showed Liverpool up for the mid-table outfit they are.
As others have rightly said, if today's team can stay fit and show this level of committment from now on, survival is a genuine possibility.
Does Hitz really make that much of a difference? Looks a bit of class. Have to praise the defence also.
Hockley Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hockley Hammer »

Vital victory and an excellent performance.

We had a great tempo in the first half, and we made Liverpool look pretty ordinary. For once we started a second half the same way and we left it quite late to have our custmary dodgy spell.

I liked the midfield line-up we started with, I thought it wasn't quite as good when O'Neil went on the left, but in the end we got through. To be honest Liverpool did not deserve to get back in the game, we should have been out of sight by then.

There are a lot of positives at the moment, options up front, Parker and Noble have some decent support at last, a real bonus would be a fit Upson and Tomkins for the last ten games.

Well done lads, today was better than I hoped for, I thought we might get a real scrappy win or have to accept a point. A win next week and we are looking at nine points in nine games which should be enough.

I thought that was the weakest Liverpool team I have seen in years, can't believe they were unbeaten in eight games before today. If they grab sixth spot it will show how weak the top of the Premier League is.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 3486 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Kenny Dalglish: closet old-school raver

Sauce!
Location: sitting on a bucket on a hamper in the corner of the old wigwam.
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Sauce! »

Matt of iron wrote:We had some behind us as well.

f***ing stupid tit had his kid cheering for 'Stevie G'.

What the f***?
BMU about V 86? If so I was sat next to him. Was it your chair he kept kicking? :lol:
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Fantastic stuff, had every Liverpool fan thinking they was going to get a draw at least today, even speaking to a Liverpool fan post match he turned from happy approachable guy to, f*ck west ham, you are going down, you are cr*p, its disgusting we lost to west ham, cant believe Carlton scored against us..................I stood there and just had a huge smile on my face (I think it f*cked him off even more)

Still smiling now :D

Post reflection, this will give the team massive confidence, with Keane and Collison soon to be fit, its positive time.
Chuck D
Rebel without a pause

Post by Chuck D »

UTJ

Did Terry Mc have his glo stick but got lost on the M25?
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

great result today! have been a critic of upson many times this season but was so pleased to see him out there today.his experience was immense at the back for us today.we actualy looked a prem side 2 day.3 points nearer the 40."COME ON YOU IRONS" :raver:
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

There was a disabled Liverpool supporting kid in the DMU. Had a Liverpool scarf on and kept holding it up, jumped up when they scored.
OFT
Has liked: 3206 likes
Total likes: 1839 likes

Post by OFT »

AJ wrote:Fantastic stuff, had every Liverpool fan thinking they was going to get a draw at least today, even speaking to a Liverpool fan post match he turned from happy approachable guy to, f*ck west ham, you are going down, you are cr*p, its disgusting we lost to west ham, cant believe Carlton scored against us..................I stood there and just had a huge smile on my face (I think it f*cked him off even more)

Still smiling now :D

Post reflection, this will give the team massive confidence, with Keane and Collison soon to be fit, its positive time.

The **** will be more ****ed off when the government stop his benefits.