West Ham Utd 3 Liverpool 1 (27/02/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mitford

Re: West Ham Utd v Liverpool: match thread

Post by mitford »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:Any link to Highlights ??

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... d-8623801/
Mr.Miklosko

Post by Mr.Miklosko »

Amazing performance, great result. Everyone put in one hell of a shift.

The only player I was perhaps a little disapointed with was Bridge. Still not sure what to make of him yet; through no fault of his own, probably a little overrated me thinks...but he is a lot better than the sh*t we've had at LB recently, so maybe I should shut up.

Also, random note on the SS1 commentary - anyone else think Coleman was more than a little Liverpool bias? At one one point Ba had a sight on goal but was tackled from behind by J Cole, nothing was given and Coleman says "It was a foul yes, but Cole has worked very hard to get back at him though" - Oh well that's okay then.
Wickfordhammer

Post by Wickfordhammer »

I was proud of the boys yesterday, apart from the Liverpool goal we defended very well throughout. Also the intensity we played at helped, very similar to the man u carling cup when we was playing quick passes and taking shots from the first whistle, and when they play with fire in their bellies it gets us going in the stands too.
I hope they can continue to play with that intensity. We also did a vert professional job on Steven Gerrard and with Chelsea away, spuds away and Citeh away we're gonna have to be able to keep top players out the game.... We can stay up, COYI.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

^ Yes, similar thing with the Piquionne penalty that wasn't. The refs given handball against him, yes it hit his hand but only because he was bundled over by Kelly who had first leant on his shoulder to jump over him and then clattered him to the floor.
Wickfordhammer

Post by Wickfordhammer »

I was proud of the boys yesterday, apart from the Liverpool goal we defended very well throughout. Also the intensity we played at helped, very similar to the man u carling cup when we was playing quick passes and taking shots from the first whistle, and when they play with fire in their bellies it gets us going in the stands too.
I hope they can continue to play with that intensity. We also did a vert professional job on Steven Gerrard and with Chelsea away, spuds away and Citeh away we're gonna have to be able to keep top players out the game.... We can stay up, COYI.
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

great pics, hammersgirl7573 ! :thup:

Cardiff R33

Post by Cardiff R33 »

kep it simople as most of it has been said. Just so proud the team did very well, just hope we keep it going.

Hitz could be a great signing!

Happy hammer of Cardiff
Tarbs
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Tarbs »

some decent highlights here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ights.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Topbre_22

Post by Topbre_22 »

Mr.Miklosko wrote:Amazing performance, great result. Everyone put in one hell of a shift.

The only player I was perhaps a little disapointed with was Bridge. Still not sure what to make of him yet; through no fault of his own, probably a little overrated me thinks...but he is a lot better than the sh*t we've had at LB recently, so maybe I should shut up.

Also, random note on the SS1 commentary - anyone else think Coleman was more than a little Liverpool bias? At one one point Ba had a sight on goal but was tackled from behind by J Cole, nothing was given and Coleman says "It was a foul yes, but Cole has worked very hard to get back at him though" - Oh well that's okay then.

Coleman wouldn't shut up...his commentary was soo terrible and very pro-liverpool.

Great win.....especially with Wolves turning into Barcelona.
Kludgehammer
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Post by Kludgehammer »

After struggling to score all season, we've scored 11 in 3 games now - if we can carry that on, we'll hopefully be all right, though we have a monster of a run-in.
blaze.s8n
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 13 likes

Post by blaze.s8n »

Absolutely Fantastic! That 3-1 score and our display shut a few of my liverpool supporting mates up.
tralee hammer

Post by tralee hammer »

Absolutely brilliant display by west ham against the pool ,the team looked very solid against one of the form teams in the premiership.We need to get a little run going now ... i dont fear any team if we play to our potential ....as for our best starting 11 , just go with the guys who are playing well , at least we have cover now in the squad ...... by the way was Faubert at the game or was he babysitting ! :crest:
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

hands up who thought we would get 3-2 when they scored

or am i alone ??
Bobby Orangeboom

Post by Bobby Orangeboom »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:hands up who thought we would get 3-2 when they scored

or am i alone ??
I was convinced they'd equalise..
tonkaman
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by tonkaman »

psychoscoredthelot wrote:hands up who thought we would get 3-2 when they scored

or am i alone ??
I was keeping my daughter up-to-date with the score whilst we trolled round Asda, that's the exact score I told her it'd finish when they scored their first! Oh to have the optimism of youth! She said Cole would come on and score another and not to worry!!! :lol:
hammer
Strangely fascinated with Bonehead's arse.

Post by hammer »

Bobby Orangeboom wrote:I was convinced they'd equalise..
me too :oops:
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Topbre_22 wrote:
Coleman wouldn't shut up...his commentary was soo terrible and very pro-liverpool.
He was a tit wasn't he. not surprised he hasn't got a managers job at the moment... I think i would prefer that he somehow did though so i don't have to listen to his voice again during a match. Somewhere back in Spain sounds about right.
Langley Hammer

Post by Langley Hammer »

Fantastic result! Only watched the first half though. I watched the highlights on Fox Sports after and was surprised to hear chants of USA, USA.....
Anybody know if this was for Spector or did we have some yankee support in geeing on their boy?
Monkey Mike
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Monkey Mike »

kthammer wrote:That was the fattest Liverpool team I have seen in a long while...
Still collectively not as fat as Jan Molby in his pomp in the mid 80s.
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

Langley Hammer wrote:Fantastic result! Only watched the first half though. I watched the highlights on Fox Sports after and was surprised to hear chants of USA, USA.....
Anybody know if this was for Spector or did we have some yankee support in geeing on their boy?
Was at Green