Tottenham 0 West Ham Utd 0 (19/03/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1493 likes

Re: T*ttenham v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by smuts »

goingunderground wrote:them this season.

But alas, it wasn't so. Cracking effort, even if he should have left it for Cole to smash in.
Or slice into the stand/smack over the bar/air shot....... :lol:
The Old Mile End
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by The Old Mile End »

bubbles1966 wrote:For the statistically minded, BBC shows that we had 11 attempts on goal - one of the highest for an away team all weekend.......A very accomplished away performance.
Steve Claridge, reporting for BBC 5 Live immediately after the game, reckoned we were "Rabble and a total shambles" :eh: He thought we were all over the place and extremely lucky to have got a point from a game where we were toally outplayed! I couldn't believe he was talking about a game I had just witnessed 10 minutes before.
Personally I thought we fought out a hard earned draw in a game we were not expected to get anything from. We rode our luck at times and were obviously not the better side, but were never out fought and put up a spirited performance. 11 attempts on goal proves that we have developed a belief that we will score goals with these players.
Rabble and a total shambles........Claridge should know all about that I suppose.
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by fmgod »

Tbh I don't think it should of been a draw, we should of lost 2-0, Defoe missed two of the easier chances in the world. We got lucky but I'm so happy for that.
carnage
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 709 likes

Post by carnage »

Is Steve Claridge for real. :lol: They had 2 great chances, and Green made a couple of class saves. It was hardly Custers last stand from us.
Faubert's Boot
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Faubert's Boot »

The Old Mile End wrote:
Steve Claridge, reporting for BBC 5 Live immediately after the game, reckoned we were "Rabble and a total shambles" :eh: He thought we were all over the place and extremely lucky to have got a point from a game where we were toally outplayed! I couldn't believe he was talking about a game I had just witnessed 10 minutes before.
Personally I thought we fought out a hard earned draw in a game we were not expected to get anything from. We rode our luck at times and were obviously not the better side, but were never out fought and put up a spirited performance. 11 attempts on goal proves that we have developed a belief that we will score goals with these players.
Rabble and a total shambles........Claridge should know all about that I suppose.
Just watch Clardige's punditry on the football league show, he talks complete and utter nonsensical b*llocks.
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1493 likes

Post by smuts »

Claridge probably had £20k on a spuds win....

What a cock
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 675 likes
Total likes: 1309 likes

Post by davids cross »

The Old Mile End wrote: Steve Claridge, reporting for BBC 5 Live immediately after the game, reckoned we were "Rabble and a total shambles" .
I turned it on at half time after watching the first half on Sky.

"West Ham are a shambles, it's the most one sided game I've ever seen at 0-0"

:lol:
carnage

Post by carnage »

Hansen said it was the best defensive display he had seen from us this season If I recall.

Claridge sounds like a fuckin idiot. :lol:
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Up the Junction wrote:Did he have a row with Redknapp or something? Seems to have been criminally underused (27 sub PL appearances out of 66 in all?)
Word has it that H thinks he doesn't train hard enough; he made some quip about his interpreter running around faster than Pav.

As much as I don't like Harry, he's always good for a one-liner.
mattyD
Has liked: 311 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by mattyD »

Up the Junction wrote: Mr Pav has a habit of looking lively against us (when he plays) so from that point of view I wasn't too unhappy to see him benched.

Did he have a row with Redknapp or something? Seems to have been criminally underused (27 sub PL appearances out of 66 in all?)

I think he's still having trouble assimilating the technical and tactical information Harry gave him to "****ing run around a bit".
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

If we were a shambles, you have to wonder just how **** Spurs were creating only two real clear cut chances in 90 minutes...... :lol:
carnage

Post by carnage »

bubbles1966 wrote:If we were a shambles, you have to wonder just how sh*t Sp*rs were creating only two real clear cut chances in 90 minutes...... :lol:
No, don't you know, they created 26 goal scoring opportunities.
Hammer from Holland

Post by Hammer from Holland »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We had a great day , what a support from West Ham!!!

COYI
mushy
Has liked: 652 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

davids cross wrote: turned it on at half time after watching the first half on Sky.

"West Ham are a shambles, it's the most one sided game I've ever seen at 0-0"

:lol:
I did the opposite, listened to the first half before I got my picture sorted.
He made it sound like we were a complete shambles from the first minute, said we had no game plan, said that not one of our players new where they were meant to be on the pitch,said that Grant was doing nothing to sort it out and he could see us shipping six or more easy.
I got the impression from what he was saying that our players were strolling around in the sun, stopping every now and thn to buy a bag of chrisps or something.

Not being able to watch the first half I was near suicidal and wondered where it all had gone wrong, I was very close to not even bother watching the 2nd half but ****ing glad I did now.
I then watched the first half, and I think Claridge must either have been on drugs or watching another game on Wanstead flats or something.
I have never ever heard such a poor biased commentary in all my life and thats the truth.
The bloke is a complete ****ing plank, would love to hear it all again just to verify that I am not going mad.
and as if by magic... and if you can be bothered.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... _West_Ham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Start from about 8 mins onward, listen for the next 3 minutes, we were a complete and utter shambles.
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

mushy wrote:I did the opposite, listened to the first half before I got my picture sorted.
He made it sound like we were a complete shambles from the first minute, said we had no game plan, said that not one of our players new where they were meant to be on the pitch,said that Grant was doing nothing to sort it out and he could see us shipping six or more easy.
I got the impression from what he was saying that our players were strolling around in the sun, stopping every now and thn to buy a bag of chrisps or something.

Not being able to watch the first half I was near suicidal and wondered where it all had gone wrong, I was very close to not even bother watching the 2nd half but f***ing glad I did now.
I then watched the first half, and I think Claridge must either have been on drugs or watching another game on Wanstead flats or something.
I have never ever heard such a poor biased commentary in all my life and thats the truth.
The bloke is a complete f***ing plank, would love to hear it all again just to verify that I am not going mad.
and as if by magic... and if you can be bothered.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... _West_Ham/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Start from about 8 mins onward, listen for the next 3 minutes, we were a complete and utter shambles.
Is Claridge the one who sounds like a more wideboy version of Paul Merson? What an idiot.
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

My lord this bloke is a twat. We must of been watching a different game, this bloke is a total moron.
e17
Has liked: 282 likes
Total likes: 956 likes

Post by e17 »

Claridge probably had a bet on us losing and we cost him a night in a better class of hotel than his usual B&B.
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Mr Pav has a habit of looking lively against us (when he plays) so from that point of view I wasn't too unhappy to see him benched.

Did he have a row with Redknapp or something? Seems to have been criminally underused (27 sub PL appearances out of 66 in all?)[/quote]

I think he's still having trouble assimilating the technical and tactical information Harry gave him to "f***ing run around a bit".[/quote]

believe me ,,he looked less happy hours later when his lambo was towed away from his house,,, either a total failure or no insurance ....
AJ
Location: Dreaming dreams, scheming schemes, building castles high

Post by AJ »

Steve Claridge commentating on a West Ham game how that happen anyway? He played for Millwall and managed them the guy most probably hates us, quite evident in the commentary.

Probably even more wound up that we are getting points and he has a bet on us getting relegated, probably put his life savings on it aswell.
polar
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 18 likes

Post by polar »

i will point out for whats its worth that Claridge was pro West Ham during the Carlos Tevez affair.

Even so he was wrong on the analysis of Tottenham game,.