Tottenham 0 West Ham Utd 0 (19/03/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Re: T*ttenham v West Ham Utd: match thread

Post by sendô »

Great performance, we really battled for that point and deserved it. A massive slice of luck with Defoes finishing though, on another day we'd have lost comfortably but that shouldn't take anything away from the performance.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

Great day out.

Loved it when the home fans started signing "You've got a running track". Then randomly throughout the match we'd start signing "We've got a running track".

Classic West Ham randomness.
Hammer Laffers
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Proper had a good day out yesterday, the most entertaining 0-0 draw I think I have been to.in a long time.

The funniest bit was listening to all the spurs fans in the queue for the train moaning, until a bunch of West Ham fans came along singing bubbles, and then it was all, "Pah, their celebrating a draw" :lol:
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by Rio »

From my point of view Grant got it as much right as Harry got it wrong. Playing with just Defoe up top and VDV and Modric off him Harry allowed our backline to have a slightly more comfortable time of it than I anticipated. I thought after Stoke last week using the height of Crouch from the start or Pavlychenko would have caused more problems, as our midfields work rate was always going to help diminish the threat from running deep.

We defended incredibly well, Bridge having as stated his best game for us, but perhaps this is because playing the trio of Noble, Parker and Hitz leaves a little more exposed down the left and liable to more attacks, so thus Bridge had a lot more to do.

Not to take anything away from him though, he was outstanding.

Resilience in the back, tireless work in the middle is a great way to set your stall in these circumstances.

Up top, we saw the best and worst of Carlton. He held the ball up well and showed glimpses of the drive and determination that could make him a genuinely good player. But the lack of composure for the chance, the at times infuriating lack of awareness and the Powderpuff girl lack of strength will always temper the mood. I can't help but feel with Picquionne up front yesterday we would have looked more complete. I'm not one to cane players without cause, but he's the most infuriating player I can remember. We know what he's capable of being, but by God does he frustrate you at times.

As for Ba. I like the fella. Works hard, eye for goal. One chance yesterday and didn't he make it worthwhile! Christ I even liked the song. Nice to hear something original from us rather than ripping other clubs or generic chants.

Great day out, the kind of performance that makes you believe.

PS

5 league clean sheets this season. 2 against them lot. Smile Harry
Marc the Hammer

Post by Marc the Hammer »

Well played yesterday lads, well battled. Bridge excellent hoping we can get him on a permanent deal next season if we stay up.

Bubbles at the end of the game sent a shiver down my spine, has anyone got a decent clips of the fans yesterday?
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

Marc the Hammer wrote:Well played yesterday lads, well battled. Bridge excellent hoping we can get him on a permanent deal next season if we stay up.

Bubbles at the end of the game sent a shiver down my spine, has anyone got a decent clips of the fans yesterday?
Here you go mate.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Essex 'Ammer12

Post by Essex 'Ammer12 »

End of the day, Spud's fans can't moan at us for celebrating a draw.

Remember when they won 4-4 at Arsenal?
Muddy
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Muddy »

Spuds have failed to score against us this season. Lovely stuff.
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

Essex 'Ammer12 wrote:End of the day, Spud's fans can't moan at us for celebrating a draw.

Remember when they won 4-4 at Ars*nal?
Its a bit different though... Was over the moon with the point and was one them celebrating the 0-0 draw but just saying its different when your 2 goals behind and score in the last minute
Hammer Laffers

Post by Hammer Laffers »

Speaking of which, where are all the Spurs fans who were on here all week, on the wind up?

At least all the other fans were nice enough to come on here after and give us their view on the game :thdn:
Matt of iron

Post by Matt of iron »

We_are_BML wrote: Its a bit different though... Was over the moon with the point and was one them celebrating the 0-0 draw but just saying its different when your 2 goals behind and score in the last minute
We went to a Champion League club and got a good result.

Tottenham helps as every single Spurs fan ever is a twat.

We would of celebrated anywhere.
Toronto_Hammer

Post by Toronto_Hammer »

that was a very satisfying 0-0 8-)

We got lucky with Defoe missing everything but whatever - the team really grinded out a result. Getting that away point could be vital at the end of the year. Our defending is getting much stronger.
Modern
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 66 likes

Post by Modern »

A really entertaining game no doubt.

I am disappointed with the draw (as I think we'll struggle to make the CL again now) but still think we played pretty well, as did West Ham, Bridge and Green were awesome.

Something happened in the game around 55mins, I think Van der Vaart got tired I could kind of sense it wasn't going to happen for us as you lot seemed to grow in confidence, crowd were poor as someone else mentioned, I think it is the early kick off's - honestly the atmosphere has been really decent this year but I remember I think against Everton in a 12:45 game the atmosphere was similarly weak.

Oh and I wish Redknapp would gave Pavlyuchenko the same kind of backing he gives Defoe and Crouch, I'm sure you lot all know this first hand but if Defoe doesn't score he does sweet FA, so frustrating as is Redknapp's clear favouritism - that's just an observation mind, he's done a fantastic job - don't think I'm being a 'fickle spurs fan' when I say that.

Lastly despite wanting Spurs to win with all my heart and soul I was glad you got something out of the game for the two guys you lost on here recently - Pez and Dubai Hammer, I never knew or even conversed with them on here but they and their families were in my thoughts.

Enjoy the rest of your season.
Last edited by Modern on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer Laffers

Post by Hammer Laffers »

What the f*** was up with Van der Vaart? Does he always pull a moody when he gets subbed?
Essex bill

Post by Essex bill »

Hammer Laffers wrote:What the f*** was up with Van der Vaart? Does he always pull a moody when he gets subbed?
Did it against Milan as well apparently.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Modern wrote:Lastly despite wanting Sp*rs to win with all my heart and soul I was glad you got something out of the game for the two guys you lost on here recently - Pez and Dubai Hammer, I never knew or even conversed with them on here but they and their families were in my thoughts.

Enjoy the rest of your season.

Cheers fella...much appreciated
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

My Paint skills aren't too hot!
Marc the Hammer

Post by Marc the Hammer »

We_are_BML wrote:
Here you go mate.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers mate :thup:
djclipz
Has liked: 37 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

he is a former Real Madrid Primadonna, can't take it can he.. not the best behaviour by all means even if you can see why he does it. He should sit with his team.. hence it being a team game, you get subbed for a reason.. ur injured, ur crap or you need a change of tactics to help win the game. All players like this should get over themselves they are meant to be professional footballers. I'd rather see them go through all the actions and jump up and down on the touchline, i guess only the kitman sees that when they get back to the changing room. :P
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Modern wrote:Enjoy the rest of your season.
top post

all the best in europe fella