West Ham Utd 2 Manchester Utd4 (02/04/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

billybondsballbag
MILF lover
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Re: West Ham Utd vs Manchester Utd: Match Thread

Post by billybondsballbag »

Romford wrote:I think everyone is being very harsh on the team...in my eyes the ref gave the the 2 major reasons why they won the game.

Vidic should have gone and it shouldn't have been a free kick for their first goal.

The ref gives the right decision on either of these...and its a totally different result.

Yet again we are done bu incompetence that we are supposed to respect.

How about the FA respecting the fans who have paid top dollar to witness these useless muppets.
I spoke to my father-in-law - a gooner, you'll be pleased to know! - and he kept banging on about how we'd been cheated. Not entirely surprising, because, with L'Arse's challenge for the top spot, he has a dog in the fight, but it was still unusual to hear him go on about it. Usually, he's of the "these things even themselves out" stance, but he said that he'd noticed quite a few that had gone against us this season, and yesterday was no exception.

I still think we're going to get out of it. Possibly claret 'n' blue-tinted specs, but I see enough there to retain a little bit of mindless optimism.
Hatcham Iron
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Hatcham Iron »

i for one am glad it was only two goals on our G D column, if it goes to the wire as it might well do that goal difference could well keep us up. :crest:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 2713 likes

Post by sendô »

Vidic should have been off, and it shouldn't have been a penalty for their third in my eyes. However we sat too deep for far too long and you could sense that it was inevitable that they'd score, and that once they got one they'd be right back in it.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

irving boleyn wrote:Should have started with Sears instead of O'Neill.....Badly needed a bit of pace and guile in that midfield.
Sears isn't quick
bubblesbubbles

Post by bubblesbubbles »

Is it me or do we always seem to lose after a rest ?
Hambrosia Stu

Post by Hambrosia Stu »

Romford wrote:I think everyone is being very harsh on the team...in my eyes the ref gave the the 2 major reasons why they won the game.

Vidic should have gone and it shouldn't have been a free kick for their first goal.
Agreed

As well as a very harsh penalty for Upson's handball (especially as we had a similar ball to hand incident in their box-both of which are very harsh penaltys, imo), Vidic could have been sent off about 3 times, and the fact he stayed on makes me wonder if Fergie's comments about refs during the week had the desired effect. :think:

Sure, we could have done things differently, should have perhaps changed to a 4-5-1 at half time, or soon after......

But I felt the ref played the major role, in terms of giving them the momentum.
The momentum had been with us, all first half. But in allowing Vidic to stay on the field, twice, when he obviously should have walked, gave them a lift, and then the free kick got them back in the game, and the momentum was all with them. With the range and quality of attacking options they had yesterday, it was always going to be hard once they got their tails up
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I expected us to lose this game 3/4-0 so wasn't that surprised by the result. What pissed me off more than anything was the referee. He absolutely lost his bottle after awarding us two penalties and opted out of sending off Vidic. I truly believe we could have got something out of the game had he been sent off. I also felt the penalty against us was harsh - ball to hand and all that but I also thought Vidic was the last man so I obviously don't know the rules.
otter_of_despair

Post by otter_of_despair »

otter_of_despair wrote:No free kicks around the box please. Makes me sh*t myself every time and they can take a decent free kick.
8-)

'tis still a valid point though...