West Ham Utd 1 Aston Villa 2 (16/04/11)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

mutley

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa Match Thread

Post by mutley »

Reason 3 aint laughable pal
Dont live in denial mate . Our home support is sh*t
All we do is slag our own players off and try and sound like Danny Dyer
The players then get nervous , dont want the ball and play like cun*s
It really is that simple
We need to sort it out
WoodgateHammer

Post by WoodgateHammer »

ponder wrote:Having just lost our last 3 games, I'm not sure I understand your logic.
-
Meaning, if other teams are losing and we lose a couple to Chelsea and Man City, as long as our goal differcne stays better than the other three teams we can stay up if we finish on the same points as 18th.

Not very positive, I know, but I'm clutching at anything at the moment. Let's face it, were we going to beat Man.U, were we going to beat Bolton away, no we weren't. So the results didn't surprise me but they seem to surprise many people on here believing we can win every game.

We need to win two or three of Wigan, Sunderland, Blackburn or two wins and a draw if other results go our way.
Finishing Hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Finishing Hammer »

"What ifs" usually don't form the basis of my arguments but surely no-one can deny that a sending off of Dunne against Cole wouldn't have changed the course of the match. Regardless of how poor we ended up playing, 1 nil up and playing against 10 men would have given us greater confidence ... and let's face it confidence goes a long way in football. That was a poor decision by the ref and that is coming from a referee. What was the difference in contact between Eboue's infringement and Dunne's?
Gormalysis
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Gormalysis »

mutley wrote:Reason 3 aint laughable pal
Dont live in denial mate . Our home support is sh*t
All we do is slag our own players off and try and sound like Danny Dyer
The players then get nervous , dont want the ball and play like cun*s
It really is that simple
We need to sort it out
Had some right pair of whingers near us at the game spent the whole match yelling "wake up *insert player's name*", "break his legs" and "your ****".

Although the second was mainly being yelled everytime Bambi on ice got the ball, the little diving b*stard!
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

Bottom line is a better manager would have seen us finish with at least a point from the man united and Villa game. I don't know a sunday league manager who would commit tactical suicide against 3 / 4 of the best wingers in this league. We are to easy to play against and we rarely make the opposition work for their chances.